• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 09:01 AM

Yes, I figure the coming days/months will be the worst for him. Gonna try to check on him as often as I can. He has plenty to keep him busy, what with his business plus he still has a small beef farm still. Can't help him restore the Ford, as he doesn't get into that side....just the mechanical, and this Ford has been waiting at his place for over 10 years & he never got to it. It's one of those things my other cousin didn't push, so Sherrill just let it slide.

#62 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,311 Thanks
  • 4,661 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 09:53 AM

So many times people will be fine during the visitation and funeral only to break down in the coming days, weeks, months. Periodic visits will do wonders for him. It's much like natural disasters when you think about it. How many people and organizations rush aid to those who have been affected only to find that a year later the need is still there but the help isn't.

Very true DB.. For me the first days with all of the people milling about it seemed like I was in a NYC subway tunnel with folks passing by while I was just in shock.. The grief is just something he will have to let run it's course and it will just always be there right under the surface.. In time it will fade but will still be there nonetheless.. My wife and I know that well.. Just be there for him and offer to help or spend time with him whenever you can.. Try not to be pushy or discuss his feelings all of the time or he will just push you away or get angry/avoid you altogether.. He needs room to be strong & grieve but also will need help & someone to talk to from time to time.. Just be there and help him adjust to his new life.. He will need that the most.. It is a heck of a thing to lose someone so close so give it time.. Hope this makes some sense to ya..