Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo

Need Grill And Seat For Jacobsen Gt-12 Hydro Or Like Ford.

for free parts grill seat jacobsen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 John Bostian OFFLINE  

John Bostian
  • Member No: 16594
  • 3 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 02:23 PM

I am restoring a Jacobsen Gt-12 hydro for my son. We are trying to keep original look but it will be painted and labeled as a late model Ford New Holland. I would like to find a grill and seat pan. Other sheet metal is in good shape.

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 02:50 PM

Welcome to our group. Garden tractors are great father-son projects. I don't know about the sheetmetal parts. Someone else will come along and help you out in a little while. We do like to see pictures. Take a look around the site. There are manuals to download and pictures of members tractors. Enjoy
  • John Bostian said thank you

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 09:15 PM

Saw somewhere you could still get a Blue seat. Doesn't say FORD on it, but is ford blue color. Was once looking around for seats, but can't recall where I saw that. Course you can get all the Yellow seats you want, you know, but not much else besides Black. Maybe a goodle search will find the place? Those grills are hardest part to find. Seems many are rusted or bars bashed in or cut out. I had one for awhile to put on my Ford when I had, but wasn't much better than the one I replaced. Ebay is always good place to shop. Put in Ford GT### model? and will narrow down alot.
  • John Bostian said thank you

#4 tgreeson OFFLINE  

tgreeson
  • Member No: 27068
  • 15 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 05:51 AM

I feel your pain! I'm looking for the seat & grille too! I've seen a few seats on eBay (rather expensive) and yet to find one with Ford on it like mine but it is pretty cracked up! As for the grille no luck at all,so I guess I'm fixing the one I have. Already found a few other people doing the same. If I can find the same thread I found yesterday I'll let you know where I found it! But anyway good luck and happy hunting!

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 06:32 AM

John, welcome! I don't know how I missed this thread. Have you checked with the site sponsors? I have resigned myself to just get a black seat for my Ford. Those Blue ones are hard to find and expensive. I wish you both luck with the grilles.

#6 relic7680 OFFLINE  

relic7680

• Member No: 7630
  • 29 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 06:17 PM

I am most of the way through my '73 Jacobsen GT-12 (gear) refurb and can provide some input. Oregon makes an aftermarket seat that is the closest you will find to the originals. The fiberglass grilles are hard to come across and almost always cracked significantly. Messick's New Holland of Elizabethtown PA will be able to provide many of the mechanical parts you need....but they will not be cheap. Genuine Kohler engine parts are also expensive. Restoring a '72-'76 Jacobsen back to original condition is harder than working with a Ford due to the difference in front body panels and the decals.....but I wanted mine to be legit. My tractor was rough to start with and I am finishing it to a standard that is beyond any other that I have seen. Let me know if you need any Jacobsen specific help on this.

Attached Thumbnails

• small.jpg

• KennyP said thank you

#7 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:51 PM

Well Guys I have some news to share about some ford parts.I am in the process of having molds made for the grills and battery cover.I am not sure what the cost is going to be on the grill and battery covers are going to be.These will be my molds.I'm hoping to have a some prototypes of the battery box cover by may.I am hoping by to have grills by August.I am funding these project out of my own pocket. As I have news I will be sure to share on here.  Thanks Josh  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for free, parts, grill, seat, jacobsen