Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips, how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Want To Pull

pulling tractor garden cub cadet ford

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DThomas OFFLINE  

DThomas
  • Member No: 17814
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 08:19 PM

What is the best pulling tractor that you can build/buy I want you opinion on this before I make any buys, trades, or calls. Any suggestions I will like.

#2 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 983 Thanks
  • 1,267 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 08:30 PM

Refer to your other post that i posted in for you. Anyone can work with a little bit of work with them. Most of our club use cubs but i guess its all preference. Also we love pics on here so when you do get a project post us some pics!!
  • DThomas said thank you

#3 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,097 Thanks
  • 5,118 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 08:46 PM

Welcome to the site! I used to pull with a cub 124 and any problem was always caused by the driver. I also pulled with a power king and that did better! But, it is not a realistic pulling tractor IMO. I would say cub, or wheel horse. A lot of people will say the belt drive is weak, but the ones that went to my pulling club where always stiff competition!

You know, if you want to make a 6 hour trip to New York... my cub is for sale. Already set-up! :D
  • DThomas said thank you

#4 DThomas OFFLINE  

DThomas
  • Member No: 17814
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:04 PM

Thank you responding back to me! Means alot Imma go look up Cubs and power king!

#5 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • 983 Thanks
  • 1,267 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:08 PM

Cubs are good. Powerkings arnt bad either we just dont use them because of the tire size

#6 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,097 Thanks
  • 5,118 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:32 PM

Cubs are good. Powerkings arnt bad either we just dont use them because of the tire size

That is the part that makes them unrealistic! When I used mine, we had some special with 12 inch wheels with 6 lug bolt patterns made. That was before we knew that some brands used 12 inch wheels with 6 lug hubs!

#7 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • 983 Thanks
  • 1,267 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:38 PM

That is the part that makes them unrealistic! When I used mine, we had some special with 12 inch wheels with 6 lug bolt patterns made. That was before we knew that some brands used 12 inch wheels with 6 lug hubs!

Thats why they dont pull with us! Lol there great machines especially the ones with the dual transmissions those can out pull anything!

#8 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 1,746 Thanks
  • 2,231 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 08:09 AM

If you pull strickly stock then your choices are plenty, but as you step up it starts to narrow. And at the top a good 90% are cubs. Here they do well but don't have any real advantage over any other models other than aftermarket parts. And pulling strickly stock they is no advantage.
So you need to pick your class you want to run .
  • Dieselcubmike said thank you

#9 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,097 Thanks
  • 5,118 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 03:13 PM

...So you need to pick your class you want to run .

I agree, many classes have a maximum horse-power limit. I would say to go to a pull or two (if you haven't already) and see what class is most appealing to you. With my cub I pulled in 5 different classes- King Of The Lawn (must have a mower deck), 1000,1100, 1200 and 1400. I don't remember the weight of the tractor with me on it at the time but the 12 horse engine is what kept me from going into the class one lighter then 1000 pounds, I don't remember what that class was.
  • Dieselcubmike said thank you

#10 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • 983 Thanks
  • 1,267 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 06:30 PM

http://www.equalizer...torpulling.com/ This is our sled in the area as i posted in the previous post. This shows all the classes and weight. As stated above by ryan and sky its best to just go to a pull or 2 and just look around and take everything in. Then go from there with what tractor you want to build what class you want to enter and the most important is your budget.

#11 cummins123 OFFLINE  

cummins123
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 24208
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 05:57 PM

i am geting into pulling i have a pretty good set up, i just need info on pulls and rules in the Indiana area if some on could give me info that would be great! 

#12 Kevin Vasich OFFLINE  

Kevin Vasich

• Member No: 7211
  • 87 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 06:19 PM

:welcometogttalk:

#13 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • Member No: 683
  • 256 Thanks
  • 687 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 05:19 AM

i am geting into pulling i have a pretty good set up, i just need info on pulls and rules in the Indiana area if some on could give me info that would be great! 

Welcome to GTTalk. If you google Brian Miller's pulling tips and tricks that will get you in the right direction

#14 cummins123 OFFLINE  

cummins123
  • GTt Junior
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 12:26 AM

Welcome to GTTalk. If you google Brian Miller's pulling tips and tricks that will get you in the right direction

#15 cummins123 OFFLINE  

cummins123
  • GTt Junior
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 12:32 AM

What would most likely happin if I pulled a belt drive tractor?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pulling, tractor, garden, cub cadet, ford