#16 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 29, 2010 - 04:33 AM

Yes,I also would like to see the " paperwork " proof.

#17 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 29, 2010 - 08:18 AM

I don't think the posts were that bad, considering he came in here stating his case with no proof. Had this been a rare option, it might have been very hard to say, but sheesh holes in the hood and what looks like Briggs engine and the hood cut to fit, come on. I really think the guy may have been took on this one. Somebody probably snowed him into thinking he could retire on this one. He said he had talked to Massey dealer, big deal, most of those guys weren't even born when this tractor was made, and haven't a clue. When ever I go to the dealer I better have part number and picture, cause most those guys couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the directions on the heel. BTW, why does he want you to delete this thread? Is he embarrassed, does he plan on selling it to another sucker and doesn't want info out there? If he's right he should want the thread to stand to rub our noses in it.

#18 tyler OFFLINE  

tyler

Tractorholic

• Member No: 437
  • 55 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted August 30, 2010 - 05:59 AM

i found a Massey 1655 special[ATTACH=CONFIG]4927[/ATTACH]

#19 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 30, 2010 - 06:08 AM

Posted Image I've never heard of these critters.:bigrofl::bigrofl:

#20 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted August 30, 2010 - 07:48 AM

Tyler
I would bet that is the only one made.:smile1::smile1::smile1:

#21 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted August 30, 2010 - 12:56 PM

Tyler
If it has a Harbor Freight knock off engine, I suggest you put that on fleabay with a BIN price of around $50K. I'm sure someone will snatch it up. If I only had 50 laying around or stuffed under the mattress...........................

#22 custom8mm98 OFFLINE  

custom8mm98

• Member No: 30
  • 1 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted September 07, 2010 - 07:38 PM

im not trying to defend anyone but i have come across this sort of thing alot. its a matter of him buying it from some guy who gave him a load of BS to unload the tractor on the new current owner. many people can see when someone has no clue about anything, thus creating some out of this world story to make the buyer feel comfortable in spending several hundred dollars and think they are getting an awesome deal. Then the new owner goes to sell the item and passes the same story on only to find out it was a load of BS now hes setting at home kicking himself in the ass because his wife is pissed that he has a "special" tractor, basically "special" because NOONE in the collector world will pay much for it.

on a higher note, he can take the hub caps off and probably fetch $100 for the set on fleabay. other then that, its a $100 mower around here. (iowa) which i wouldnt pay $50 for the whole machine as the motor is not original and the hood as we all know is junk.

#23 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 07, 2010 - 08:11 PM

I'd like to add that "matthewstamp22" is 17yrs old and paid $30. for the tractor + $15. for the rear end, $45. total with Massey hub caps. The picture show's a fairly compete tractor and he said someone cut the hood and grill for the Briggs. He went to an auction heard a story believed it and bought it, all this info is here, GTtalk forums + registry.

IMO for $45. If that thing run's, drive's and cut's, he didn't do to bad.

Edited by DH1, September 07, 2010 - 08:17 PM.

#24 custom8mm98 ONLINE  

custom8mm98

• 1 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted September 07, 2010 - 08:26 PM

I'd like to add that "matthewstamp22" is 17yrs old and paid $30. for the tractor + $15. for the rear end, $45. total with Massey hub caps. The picture show's a fairly compete tractor and he said someone cut the hood and grill for the Briggs. He went to an auction heard a story believed it and bought it, all this info is here, GTtalk forums + registry.

IMO for $45. If that thing run's, drive's and cut's, he didn't do to bad.

i would agree he didnt do too bad, and like i said above, he heard a story and ran with it, a classic case of someone telling a BS story and an unknown customer purchased the machine and the story. he was just passing the story he heard no need to tear him apart. as i said ive heard of this sort of thing ALOT!!! people dont do there homework before purchase, luckily in this case the guy didnt pay too much for the tractor so he didnt get burned. As i said above i personally sold a set of hubcaps from a MF7 on ebay for over $100, so if he doesnt like the look of the caps, i would urge him to put them on ebay with a $45 starting bid and see what happens. get the tractor paid for!

#25 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 07, 2010 - 08:29 PM

There could be factory wheel weights under the rear caps???

#26 custom8mm98 ONLINE  

custom8mm98

• 1 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted September 07, 2010 - 09:31 PM

There could be factory wheel weights under the rear caps???

I purchased a MF7 last year from a guy here in dsm, all original never touched deck as only used once or twice, they primarily used it to plow the sidewalk (came with blade and chains) i got it home and popped the caps off as they drive me nuts, all they due is create a place for rust to develope. I found the factory round weights under the caps. shocked the hell outta me! very neat little weights. as i stated above i sold the caps on ebay to a fella in Canada for alittle over $100. ive had some local interest in the wheel weights, but i will not part with them.

#27 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 08, 2010 - 11:13 PM

im not trying to defend anyone but i have come across this sort of thing alot. its a matter of him buying it from some guy who gave him a load of BS to unload the tractor on the new current owner. many people can see when someone has no clue about anything, thus creating some out of this world story to make the buyer feel comfortable in spending several hundred dollars and think they are getting an awesome deal. Then the new owner goes to sell the item and passes the same story on only to find out it was a load of BS now hes setting at home kicking himself in the ass because his wife is pissed that he has a "special" tractor, basically "special" because NOONE in the collector world will pay much for it.

on a higher note, he can take the hub caps off and probably fetch $100 for the set on fleabay. other then that, its a $100 mower around here. (iowa) which i wouldnt pay $50 for the whole machine as the motor is not original and the hood as we all know is junk.

You hit the nail on the head, I'll bet dollars to donuts that's exactly what happened, he got slickered, to bad, hope he doesn't take it or US to hard. I really don't think we were that hard on him, man I know some forums the guys would have roasted his kiwi's

#28 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 09, 2010 - 04:45 AM

Hey,I wasn't puttin' him down either.I had just never heard of an MF 7 Special before ,and thought if he did have paperwork proving it ,he could have shown us all up.Sorry Matthew,I for one apologize if I said anything that may have made you feel badly toward us.

#29 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,578 Thanks
  • 29,825 posts

Posted September 09, 2010 - 08:47 AM

He's not been around since he asked me to delete this thread. The thing that gets to me is his statement to me that he had documents from his dealer proving this is a "MF7 Special". If there were such a thing, we would all know of it & he would have shown us. Getting duped is nothing new & nothing really to be ashamed of, but then making false statements to us is!:mad2:

#30 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted September 09, 2010 - 09:10 AM

One thing that pisses Jack (mastifflawyer) and I off, is the current trend of selling the ID tags that have been removed from parted out tractors. I have complained to e-Bay's Trust and Safety department about this practice but like so many things, it fell on deaf ears.

This AM, Jack sent this to me.

1970 John Deere 112 Garden Tractor w/ deck NOT Patio - eBay (item 130429266195 end time Sep-09-10 06:50:25 PDT)

As Jack said to me in his e-mail, here's proof positive why ID tags should not be sold. For months now, Joe's Outdoor Power has been trying to get $200.00 for just such a tag that came from a Patio that he parted out. Don't get me wrong. I happen to like Joe very much and have done business with him many times in the past but this is where he and I are at total odds. If you part out a tractor, it should be declared dead and gone. The ID tag should be melted with a torch. The guy that bought the Patio was defrauded but proving it is often difficult. Nonetheless, he's doing the right thing by not perpetuating the fraud but who's to say what the buyer of that tractor will do?