• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 matthewstamp22 OFFLINE  

matthewstamp22

• Member No: 1038
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted August 24, 2010 - 08:36 PM

I have a Massey Ferguson 7 Special tractor i am trying to sell now it is a 1971 recoil massey ferguson 7 just has holes in the side that makes it a special there are 293 madde like this in all the years made all 293 were made in 1971 there were 100 hydra 100 electric and 93 recoil this is a colectors peace and i am looking for some one that will take care of this and redo it maybe if i dont!! you tell me a price and ill tell u high or low let me know please and thank you!! New York!!

Attached Thumbnails

• massey ferguson 7.jpg

#2 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted August 25, 2010 - 07:33 AM

I must say I've never seen a #7 with holes in the hood like that ever! I question that being factory! What is the reasoning for the holes? Is there anything else other then the holes in the hood that makes this any different from a regular old run of the mill #7??? If not then anybody can go up town, buy a holesaw at ace hardware and drill some holes in the hood of their number #7 or 8 and call it special!!! I stand to be corrected here but I need more info and pics of others before I'd bite on this one!!! Whats the story of the yellow engine......that factory color too??? FYI I'm not trying to slam your tractor I just don't see anything extraordinarlly rare about this other then the holes......Sorry man! Anybody else have any knowledge on this animal??? Luke

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,572 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted August 25, 2010 - 08:19 AM

I've never heard of such a thing either.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 25, 2010 - 09:16 AM

I have to agree that I also have never seen one like that.

#5 farmgineer OFFLINE  

farmgineer

• Member No: 1031
  • 0 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted August 25, 2010 - 02:03 PM

If I interpret mathewstamp22 correctly, he is saying it is a MF 7 and this one is "Special" because it has been modified. Sounds like it was customized with a non-factory engine. There is another cutout on the hood for another component on the engine. Is that the air intake? At least that matches the story I just read on "Another Tractor Forum".

#6 matthewstamp22 OFFLINE  

matthewstamp22

• Member No: 1038
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted August 25, 2010 - 03:16 PM

im in the middle of getting the papers for it the holes are factory there are six on each side then the circle around the 7 makes 7 the engine is because the factory one blew i am getting the papers for it stating it is all factory i have talked to massey dealers and only one has been able to find stuff about it i am trying to get a certified paper once i do it will go with it. and yes some one took a saw to the grill to make room for the new engine thhey did a job and a half on that

#7 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,572 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted August 25, 2010 - 03:37 PM

If this is true, then I have crow to eat. The whole "hole thing" just doesn't seem logical at all for a tractor company to come up with. It would seem that in all these years, one would have surfaced long ago if it were true. I've eaten crow before, so willing to do again. But I think I'm safe on this one.

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 25, 2010 - 04:13 PM

I think as you stated Daniel,you're quite safe on this one.

#9 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted August 25, 2010 - 09:22 PM

I agree with all you guys as stated above! I've been around these masseys and have seen tons of them through the years and have never run across such an animal as this one pictured here! I definitely agree......think we are all safe saying someone had some extra time on their hands so decided to take the cordless and drill holes in their #7 hood! LOL! Shame to wreck a perfectly good hood! Prove me wrong and I guess I owe ya a steak dinner matt! Luke

#10 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 25, 2010 - 10:34 PM

Oh Man, i laughed so hard it hurt. Surely this guy doesnt believe the BS he telling us, it's a joke right. I mean the serial number list and production numbers are listed right her one this site. NO MASSEY EVER CAME WITH A BRIGGS ENGINE, OR HOLES IN THE HOOD. MASSEY SPECIAL, yeah right, oh boy that's a good one, I still think the guys putting us on

#11 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted August 25, 2010 - 11:41 PM

LMAO! Big Bill your killing me! HA ha ha!!!!

#12 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 26, 2010 - 07:36 AM

Hey You guys got to admit this is WAY funnier than my Massey deck with the "factory" front wheels. I really do think this guy is putting us on,, if he's not someone sold a Mr. Haney Special, not a Massey Special. Two questions, where are the others or at least one more, and how much is that tractor worth, must be into six figures, right.

#13 Dennisro ONLINE  

Dennisro

• Member No: 940
  • 0 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted August 26, 2010 - 10:43 AM

Hey You guys got to admit this is WAY funnier than my Massey deck with the "factory" front wheels. I really do think this guy is putting us on,, if he's not someone sold a Mr. Haney Special, not a Massey Special. Two questions, where are the others or at least one more, and how much is that tractor worth, must be into six figures, right.

Its not worth much with holes cut in the hood..... Ha Ha

#14 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,572 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted August 27, 2010 - 06:28 PM

Matthew, you asked me to delete this thread after stating you have the certificate paperwork proving it is what you say. I for one would like to see pics of the paperwork before I would delete this. Here's your chance to show us all up. I know some of the posts were a bit over the top, but now's the time to lay it all to rest.

#15 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,572 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted August 28, 2010 - 10:15 PM