Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

I Hope I Haven't Rubbed Anyone The Wrong Way!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:10 PM

Maybe I just worry to much because of the things going on in my life. But I hope I haven't come across in any of my posts or responses as someone that thinks they know it all.

If you knew me outside of the forum you would know that is far from the truth!

Even though I have been doing Mechanical work since I was young, I always remain open minded and I actually like learning new ways of doing things. Even If I have been doing things a certain way for years, I never act like my way is the right way (or the only way) to get the job done.

I just like trying to help people in any way that I can. Some times I will see a post that hasn't gotten any responses and I will try to help the best that I can even if it is on a GT that I am not familiar with. And I think in doing so I might be rubbing some people the wrong way. But that is not my intention at all!

I just feel bad when someone doesn't get a response so I try to help.(it doesn't always help) but I do try.

And one more thing, I hope no one gets offended when I make a joke on a thread. I just always liked to make people laugh. But I try not to when it is a serious subject.

Well I hope you can understand were I am coming from!

This site has helped me through a lot of tough times so far and it means more to me than you could imagine! So Thanks for everything GTt members! (now I am going to steal Ryan's chair so I can hide under it now) :D

Chris

Take Cat's chair.. more room under it cause it has to support such a big butt :smilewink: .... As for rubbing the wrong way.. Only time that happens is when my ratchet slips and my knuckles slow it down.. :wallbanging:
  • chris m said thank you

#17 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:12 PM

Sorry guys I guess things are just weighing heavy on my mind right now. Thanks for making me feel better. :thumbs:

#18 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,156 Thanks
  • 1,159 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:43 PM

You do just fine, Chris. Keep on doing it. We're all a little different, but that's what makes things interesting.

That is right,if we were all the same life would be boring.Chris I do not post much on here,because of the answers that people like you provide.If that was not the case you would not been ask to be a moderator.Keep up the good job
  • chris m said thank you

#19 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:53 PM

That is right,if we were all the same life would be boring.Chris I do not post much on here,because of the answers that people like you provide.If that was not the case you would not been ask to be a moderator.Keep up the good job

You should never feel your answer is not worth posting just because someone else may sound better. Your post is just as valuable as anyone else's. You may post it in a different way where someone struggling to understand the original answer understands yours. Everyone is equal here!
  • chris m said thank you

#20 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 06:09 PM

You should never feel your answer is not worth posting just because someone else may sound better. Your post is just as valuable as anyone else's. You may post it in a different way where someone struggling to understand the original answer understands yours. Everyone is equal here!

:ditto: Post away! We are all here to learn and to help when we can. Everyone like Bill said is equal here! It would be great if more of our members started to feel more comfortable with replying to a post! It is great just to see people try to join in on a topic.
And this is what I don't want, I don't want people to feel intimidated by mine or anyone else's replies.
  • IamSherwood and HDWildBill have said thanks

#21 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 06:50 PM

:big_hug:

• chris m said thank you

#22 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 06:59 PM

Chris, all I can say, is NONSENSE. What'd you do, drive through a puddle, and splash someone, and
now you just feel guilty, period......

Never mind. They should have been wearing a raincoat. :D

I enjoy your posts, and have never felt, as you worried about. And, congrats on your appointment, as Mod.
I missed that too. Now I know where to send my whiny little notes. :smilewink:
  • chris m said thank you

#23 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,302 Thanks
  • 4,657 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 07:44 PM

Sorry guys I guess things are just weighing heavy on my mind right now. Thanks for making me feel better. :thumbs:

Seems there's always two ways to do things here and there.. (Your's & poop-head's??) Just kidding!! We are all friendly folks trying to help one-another and hey- The price is Great!! Getting such good advice from many different viewpoints is precious.. We all need help from time to time and places like this are great. I'm glad a couple friends invited me over! Chris- a lot of what you said in your first post is true of me as well.. Sometimes I wander off but I'm usually on point with advice and I really enjoy making fun where I can.. You can only try to help and if someone gets offended with me I'll PM the person and attempt to iron things out as far as the misunderstanding.. Fortunately for me it's only happened a few times but hey- it does.. As someone who has learned the lesson close to home that we must make the best we can of every moment of the gift of our lives it doesn't pay to try to please everyone.. You can't control how folks think or feel so you can only take care of yourself.. Thanks for posting this and it's replies are testament to the great folks here!

OK- I've blabbered on enough!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks!
  • chris m said thank you