Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Opinions On The Value Of Some Deere Stuff ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jack OFFLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 01:57 PM

Ok as I am kinda "green" at this garden tractor hobby biz. I could use a little help from the pros. Not long ago I purchased a very original JD 1964 110. I now have been looking for a cart to go with it. I just found a "package deal" on a newer one with a nice looking cart with it. The deal is for the tractor with the deck and a blade and the cart and a set of tire chains. I kinda like this tractor too. So my question is what do you guys think this package is worth and what year do you think this cart was made? Also any other info you guys might be able to tell me about them. These pics are from the seller and are the best I have at this time. Thanks in advance.

Jack

Attached Thumbnails

• Deere stuff.jpg
  • Deere stuff 2.jpg
  • deere stuff 3.jpg
  • Deere stuff 4.jpg

Edited by Jack, December 09, 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#2 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 02:21 PM

Jack,
It appears that the tractor is one of the later 1970's version with electric lift. One thing I would want to be sure of, is that the electric lift motor is in good shape and that it operates as it should. These can be hard to find, if needing to be replaced or repaired. From what I can see or tell by the pictures, it appears that the mower deck and front blade are in decent shape. As for the cart, I can't tell by the pictures if the serial plate is an aluminum tag or a decal. If it's original to the tractor, I'd say it's an aluminum tag serial plate, and was manufactured between 1969-1974. If it has a decaled serial plate, then it's one of the later carts manufactured after 1974. Either way, you have a nice old cart. As for a package deal price value. I wouldn't be afraid to offer as high as $700.00. Here is the break down of how I came up with this number.

If you were to sell each of these items individually:

-Tractor and Mower Deck = $350.00 - $400.00
-80 Dump Cart = $250.00 - $350.00
-43 Front Blade = $125.00 - $150.00

Even if you kept the dump cart for yourself, and just sold the tractor, mower deck and front blade, for the lower end pricing above, you still bought yourself the dump cart for $225.00, which is cheaper than what you could sell it for. Just my opinion, and these are estimated prices only. Hopefully you'll be able to get the whole package deal for around $350.00!

Good Luck!
Troy
  • Jack said thank you

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 02:56 PM

Like Troy, I could sell that package around here for $7-$800 pretty quick.

On the tractor, is it electric lift, or does it have a homemade hydraulic lift?
  • Jack said thank you

#4 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 03:15 PM

by the muffler it looks like a 74 or 75 - series number above 284,001
the tractor price depends on your area and the condition
if the motor smokes the price should be less

it looks like it has been taken care of
the cart and blade are about the right price
  • Jack said thank you

#5 Jack OFFLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for the replys guys and Troy you are the man. He is asking 700 hundred for it. I havent yet tried to haggle that down. Still trying to make up my mind if I should invest in a bunch of stuff I really want but have no use for. Thanks again guys you have been a great help.
Jack..

#6 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 08:54 AM

jack i would go for it. if anything sell off the stuff u dont need for more money. They all look in realy nice shape, so u would have no problem reselling