Posted January 19, 2013 - 12:38 PM

welcome to the forum

#17 mike912e OFFLINE  

mike912e
  • Member No: 14152
  • 426 Thanks
  • 241 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 04:37 PM

Welcome to the forum . I also have a 124 but unfortunately someone tried to fix it and really scored the cylinder . I'm restoring a Cub Cadet 72 and am about 80% complete . The 124 will be next . It usually takes me about two years to finish one but that's only because I'm on a fixed income . I also have a 104 w/creeper gear that's my everyday workhorse . Looks just like your 124 . Rode hard and put away wet a whole lot of times ! 

Don't be afraid to jump in with both feet . Ask lots of questions . These people are just great . They tease and chuckle but will never treat you badly . Hope you stay with us for a long time .

Mike

#18 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 07:48 PM

Welcome to the forum . I also have a 124 but unfortunately someone tried to fix it and really scored the cylinder . I'm restoring a Cub Cadet 72 and am about 80% complete . The 124 will be next . It usually takes me about two years to finish one but that's only because I'm on a fixed income . I also have a 104 w/creeper gear that's my everyday workhorse . Looks just like your 124 . Rode hard and put away wet a whole lot of times ! 

Don't be afraid to jump in with both feet . Ask lots of questions . These people are just great . They tease and chuckle but will never treat you badly . Hope you stay with us for a long time .

Mike

Nice I have a 104 also it's a bit dissembled at the moment. I'd love to have a 72 and 125. The 72 and 1x4, 1x5 seires are my favorite style cub.