wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 27, 2011 - 02:36 PM

Nice Springfield, wish I had a 2 wheeled Springfield to compliment my huge Springfield 4 wheeled tractor collection.

#17 PKS OFFLINE  

PKS

• Member No: 4962
  • 1 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 08:38 PM

I just purchased this Springfield from a gentleman in MA. I wanted a Walk behind to add to my Tiger and my JD LA. My wife says I am done so I guess the kids and I will enjoy the three we have.

#18 Eugene OFFLINE  

Eugene

• Member No: 5854
  • 2 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 08:29 AM

Tightening up the chain drive. I just picked up a Springfield almost identical to the one pictured with sickle bar mower.

The cause of the slack drive chain on mine is the threads in bolt holding the belt tightening bracket to the frame were well worn. I replace the 3/8" fully threaded bolt with a #10 metric bolt with a shoulder. The #10 metric bolt shoulder will fit the bushing in the lever instead of the bushing riding on the 3/8" bolt threads.

#19 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 05:18 PM

PKS, i live in massachusetts,
that's a nice tractor you got, looked like a good runner, how are the tires on it, 15 inch farmmasters ?

#20 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 08:11 PM

His tires should be 6X12, thats the size on my tractor. funny how so many of the same basic models show up all at once. Its like theres a garden tractor fairy out there granting wishes.

#21 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 09, 2011 - 06:00 AM

:ditto: :iagree: and :yeah_that:

#22 PKS OFFLINE  

PKS

• 1 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted September 09, 2011 - 10:20 AM

The rear tires are 6-12 Mansfield.

#23 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 07:49 AM

thanks, the one im thinking of had farmaster bar lug tires, you got a different one, can you provide picures of it ?, what model and serial no. is the tractor, ?

#24 Eugene OFFLINE  

Eugene

• Member No: 5854
  • 2 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 09:18 AM

Help. Or save me a bit of effort.

What is the belt size from the engine gear reduction to the sickle bar pulley?

Edit: If there is a tractor serial number and model - where are the numbers located? If present - I can't find them.

#25 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 10:11 AM

my tractor dont have any numbers on it either. I dont see any place where a tag was, other than i think there was one on the motor. Attachment dont seem to have any also. Need to find someone with a more orginal condition one and see if they have the info. There is a manual on this site for the tractors and attachments. It uses some model numbers, but i cant place the stuff with any certain tractor or attachment. Manual has no pictures, so its a stuggle to figure this out.

#26 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 07:37 PM

the one i looked at did not have the model/serial no. eather, i was hoping your did come with one, reminds me of my speedex, no tag,

#27 PKS OFFLINE  

PKS

• 1 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted September 12, 2011 - 08:59 AM

Hey Guys,

The Springfield I have does have numbers on the machine in addition to the numbers on the Clinton. I do not recall them but I will check later this evening and post them. There is no tag. I did some research when I first purchased the tractor much like "oldsoul" but came up empty. The manual(s)/Model numbers that have been on ebay and on this site do not seem to match any of the numbers on my machine. I need a few parts for mine as well and have been unable to match a parts list associated with this tractor.

#28 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 12, 2011 - 03:28 PM

PKS, if you could post some pictures of you Springfield, they might help some of the guys here determine what model you have. Besides, we'd love to see them!

#29 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 12, 2011 - 06:35 PM

yes, the anticipation is killin' me, you need me to see it, you know you need me to, i'll throw in a blue smily face to sweeten the deal....:D

#30 PKS OFFLINE  

PKS

• 1 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted September 12, 2011 - 08:04 PM

The pictures at the beginning of this thread originally posted by "oldsoul" is the tractor I purchased. I have a few of my own pictures but will have to figure out how to post them here. Unfortunately they will not provide anything you have not already seen. In addition, the only numbers I found on the machine was 2140. I thought there was more but I was mistaken. I have seen model numbers on ebay brochures stated 2001H, 2002H, 2003H and model 6001, 6002, 6003 as well as 3001 and 3002. I have not been able to match anything. The one I have is in great shape. The sickle mower works and the Clinton runs very well. Usually starts on the first pull. The colors are great though I do not believe original. It had been painted some 25-30 years ago and just sat in a barn.