• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,616 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 01:04 AM

tractormike - Nice Allis you have there. However, I do have one question. Where do you place your feet, where are the foot rests? Am I just not seeing them in your picture?

Kenneth

Kenneth,
The foot "rests" are there, just hard to see from that angle. I have a b112 & they have the same style.
I believe one of the knicknames for the "B" series is the "FootDragger" Series.
If you look at the steering arm, just about at the bend, you can make out a black pc of steel. if you click on the picture to view the larger size, it's easier to see.

#17 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted December 26, 2010 - 11:26 AM

tractormike - Nice Allis you have there. However, I do have one question. Where do you place your feet, where are the foot rests? Am I just not seeing them in your picture?

Kenneth

Kenneth, as has been stated they are very hard to see from this angle. They are just foot rests and from this angle you are looking at them just from the edge. The B series Allis Chalmers garden tractors were called " foot draggers" because of the lack of any running boards. In one case this helped out quite a bit. If you had the belly mount grader blade mounted on the tractor and wanted some down pressure to help in grading all you had to do was put your feet down on top of the blade and you could put you weight on top of the blade. They even made some stirups that mounted to the top of the blade to help you do this. You could push on one side only and get a bevel cut to what you were grading also, helping make a ditch for instance.
  • MH81 said thank you

#18 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• Member No: 1459
  • 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted December 27, 2010 - 03:24 PM

Kenneth, as has been stated they are very hard to see from this angle. They are just foot rests and from this angle you are looking at them just from the edge. The B series Allis Chalmers garden tractors were called " foot draggers" because of the lack of any running boards. In one case this helped out quite a bit. If you had the belly mount grader blade mounted on the tractor and wanted some down pressure to help in grading all you had to do was put your feet down on top of the blade and you could put you weight on top of the blade. They even made some stirups that mounted to the top of the blade to help you do this. You could push on one side only and get a bevel cut to what you were grading also, helping make a ditch for instance.

Thanks MH81 and tractormike I do see the footrests now. That's pretty neat regarding pushing down on a belly blade with your foot. Cool, thanks again, tractormike, for posting the picture of your B-110. I always enjoy learning as much as I can about all brands of LGTs!

Kenneth