#1 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted August 23, 2010 - 07:03 PM

I bought this tractor at an auction several years ago. I just really liked the looks of this model and had been looking for one for a while and found this one. It was kind of dirty but after a good cleaning, new tires and painting the rims the old girl looks pretty good for being an original condition 1968. I put 4.00x8 tri ribs on the front and made a set of 11 inch wide rear rims by taking 4 seven inch wide rims, cutting off one side of the bead and welding 2 rims back together for each side. I put 26x12x12 ag tires on it. If you notice there are no bolts in the outer center flange. I just wanted to be different and see if anyone looked at it close enough to wonder how the rims were bolted on.

075.jpg

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 23, 2010 - 07:46 PM

Those are neat looking tractors.

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 23, 2010 - 08:15 PM

That's a beefy lookin' machine! I like the big rear tires on it. Nice work!

#4 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted August 24, 2010 - 07:43 AM

those rear tires look huge.

nice looking tractor. I love ags with tri ribs.

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted August 24, 2010 - 10:38 AM

That is an awfully clean original tractor Mike. I agree it's too good a shape to bother restoring. Original paint in that good a condition is rare! And wide rear tires ALWAYS look good! I almost just typed "all wide rears look good", but that's just not true! LOL

#6 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted August 24, 2010 - 03:05 PM

That is an awfully clean original tractor Mike. I agree it's too good a shape to bother restoring. Original paint in that good a condition is rare! And wide rear tires ALWAYS look good! I almost just typed "all wide rears look good", but that's just not true! LOL

:rofl2:

#7 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted August 24, 2010 - 06:01 PM

:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl:

Careful Daniel, A person could get in trouble for a statement like that! :bigrofl:

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 24, 2010 - 06:08 PM

I almost just typed "all wide rears look good", but that's just not true! LOL

:bigrofl::bigrofl:

#9 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted August 24, 2010 - 10:30 PM

That sure looks nice, Mike!

#10 djnks OFFLINE  

djnks

• Member No: 1117
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 27, 2010 - 09:15 AM

Hi, I'm new! Got a question, to tractormike. I own a B-110. Where can I find parts? Very nice machine you have!

#11 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted August 27, 2010 - 05:36 PM

Djnks, What parts are you looking for? The Briggs engine parts are available at a Briggs dealer although I have heard some parts are getting harder to find. The tractor was built by Simplicity manufacturing and a lot of the parts are still available from Simplicity dealers.

#12 djnks OFFLINE  

djnks

• Member No: 1117
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 28, 2010 - 05:40 PM

I'm just trying to get it running again, it sat for 3 years @ my Dad's and all it needed THEN was a battery, points & condenser. Now I've got a rusty gas tank, carb that was full of deposits. Dad & I managed to break the breathing tube( the tiny one inside the carb & mangle the set screw that's below it. Not a good day. I have a mechanic friend looking for another carb for me. The only body parts I think I'll need is the grill. And tires of course, unless I manage to mangle something else. I don't think I have a Simplicity dealer local anymore. Thanks for the reply it was very helpful.

#13 RailmanB110 OFFLINE  

RailmanB110

• Member No: 1725
  • 21 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted December 20, 2010 - 07:26 PM

Mike,
Great job on the wheels, & rims! Looks bad arss!

I have a '69 B110 that I've had for 32 years. Its been an incredible work horse. For 10 years I mowed, snow plowed a 200' drive, graded dirt on occasion, used the tiller for a big garden, & often used a trailer for firewood, & dirt & mulch. The last 20 years it's been mostly snow plowing about 800' of 20' wide private drive & drive way. I also have a JD 318 with a 52" mower, & 54" hydro snow plow at my shop. Personally, I like the B110 better for snow because of the limited slip rear axle on the B110. The Simplicity plow is built like a tank, way stronger than the JD plow.
Joe

#14 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 21, 2010 - 07:45 AM

...I have a '69 B110 that I've had for 32 years. Its been an incredible work horse. For 10 years I mowed, snow plowed a 200' drive, graded dirt on occasion, used the tiller for a big garden, & often used a trailer for firewood, & dirt & mulch. The last 20 years it's been mostly snow plowing about 800' of 20' wide private drive & drive way. I also have a JD 318 with a 52" mower, & 54" hydro snow plow at my shop. Personally, I like the B110 better for snow because of the limited slip rear axle on the B110. The Simplicity plow is built like a tank, way stronger than the JD plow.
Joe

RailmanB110, :wave: Welcome to GTTalk! That's a great testimonial, we'd love to see some pics of those machines!

#15 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• Member No: 1459
  • 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted December 25, 2010 - 11:20 PM

tractormike - Nice Allis you have there. However, I do have one question. Where do you place your feet, where are the foot rests? Am I just not seeing them in your picture?

Kenneth