• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jtsand OFFLINE  

Jtsand
  • Member No: 16487
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 07:03 PM

I have a 1952 standard twin I need either parts to fix engine with or complete engine for it. Does anyone know some one selling parts for these tractors

#2 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 07:46 PM

First off, Welcome to GTtalk Jtsand! I have been searching for you but nothing yet :(. But.... I don't give up to easily :D. So hopefully I can find something for you. There was a guy up my way selling one last month but I believe it is gone.

I'll post back with any findings.
  • Jtsand said thank you

#3 mrf1002u OFFLINE  

mrf1002u
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10345
  • 95 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 10:20 PM

Welcome to the forum Jtsand. You will find a lot of helpful people here. I am also in Florida. Unfortunately the hot spot for these tractors seems to be in or around Pennsylvania. What is wrong with your engine? Worn out? Broken Parts? There are no new parts that I am aware of. I believe that used parts or a good machine shop may be the only answer. If I can help, I will try. It seems to me that there are less Standard Twin People here (or anywhere for that matter) than some of the bigger and more recently produced brands, so you may not get an answer right away. Just be patient.

I recently found some trans parts for mine from a person with a parts tractor, but that tractor was fairly well stripped down, at least as far as the engine goes. He is on another forum, I don't think he would mind me sharing the pictures of it. If it has something you think you could use, I will make sure it is OK for you to contact him.

On the flip side, if you can't find what you need and decide to part out the one you have, I would appreciate you letting me know.

Attached Thumbnails

• 010.JPG
  • 008.JPG
  • 009.JPG

• Jtsand said thank you

#4 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:55 AM

I haven't found any sources for parts yet. Being they made there own engines it makes finding parts even harder.

But I'm sure someone or something will come along. I'll keep digging though.
  • Jtsand said thank you

#5 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 04:27 AM

:welcometogttalk: hey glad to have another tractorholic here. Many useful resources here and great knowledgable people as well. More will chime in and try to help as best they can. Hope you enjoy the forum.
  • Jtsand said thank you

#6 mrf1002u OFFLINE  

mrf1002u
  • Contributor
  • 95 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 08:49 AM

Jtsand,

I saw your post over on Yahoo. Your best bet may be to buy your own parts tractor. I have run down quite a few people selling, but they usually want to sell a whole tractor, not just parts. Frustrating I know, but it may be the only option. I am having the same issues and it is only made worse by the fact that we are so far away from where they all seem to be located. Keep plugging away!.

#7 gsmith1951 OFFLINE  

gsmith1951
  • Member No: 21401
  • 7 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 11:14 AM

hi new to this site just saw the post by jtsand i have the standard twin parts you are looking for.

Edited By admin: I sent jsand your personal info, It is not good to post that info on the public forum.

#8 mrf1002u OFFLINE  

mrf1002u
  • Contributor
  • 95 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 07:54 PM

Hey gsmith51,

I am on SmokStak and on here as mrf1002u. The parts I got from you worked out great! Hope you don't mind that I posted your pics here before. I figured if he wanted the parts that I would contact you and make sure it was OK to give him your contact info.

Nice to see you over here.

Larry

#9 gsmith1951 OFFLINE  

gsmith1951
  • Member No: 21401
  • 7 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 09:11 AM

hi larry glad they worked for u hope to see it up and runing soon . and no i dont mind that u posted the picks & info. hope you & yours have a happy holladay.
  • mrf1002u said thank you

#10 mrf1002u OFFLINE  

mrf1002u
  • Contributor
  • 95 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 02:35 PM

Merry Christmas. That goes for the rest of ya too.

#11 happyfoot OFFLINE  

happyfoot
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 19133
  • 7 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:00 PM

Merry Christmas all!

Steve