Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Bolens Collector Selling Out Ny

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 12:20 PM

http://albany.craigs...3456863131.html

You are buying everything in pictures and then some.I could only list 8 pictures so there is some stuff not shown.All are early 70's Bolens 1886 Large Frame tractors with Kohler 18 HP twin engines.Hydrostatic.Full hydraulic lift with Aux Hydro ports front and rear.First 2 tractors in the first 2 pictures are runners/workers.The one with the tiller is my best and it truely runs works great.Has new AG tires on rear with bolens wheel weights and fairly new tires on front.Tiller works great.This tractor needs a battery.The other one runs good and supposedly was recently rebuilt.It has mis mached rear tires.1 is new,other is original and splitting.This tractor could also use a battery.Now the rest of the tractors are all non running but complet.When I say complete,I mean if it looks like it is missing,I should have it in the pile of parts shown,Minus a couple seats and exhausts.1 tractor has all new tires.Other 2 have decent tires that hold air.Next you will see there is a very nice Haban sickle mower.This is complete with guard.There are also 2 more tillers shown.1 has the extension kit.That is a total of 3 tillers and I have the drivshafts for all 3.Moving on,there is a total of 6 54" decks.2 are usable the way they sit,3 need various work like spindle bearing,idler bearing,etc.1 is just a shell in real nice shape.Going back to the first couple pictures you will see there is also a 54" 4 way hydraulic blade and a homade weight carrier.Last picture is the pile of parts I was talking about.Way too numerous to get into.Look at pictures.Lastly,not shown but included is a single stage snowblower,an engine block (not complete)atleast 3 sets of chains,3 sets of wheel weight (2 sets are Bolens Brand that look like the ones on the tractor in first picture).I am also include years of collecting manuals.I would say an easy 50-75 manuals,pamphlets etc.Its been fun playing with these old tractors but just a little easier for me useing the modern diesel compacts.Theres alot of stuff here.Your going to need more than just 1 pick-up and trailer thats for sure.I'm sure I am forgetting stuff but will add it as I find it/remember it.Also I will not seperate anything here.Its all or nothing so please don't even ask.

Edited by baerpath, December 05, 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#2 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 12:36 PM

WOW! That is quiet the collection! He sure liked his 1886's.Sounds like a good price for all of that.

#3 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 02:50 PM

Yeah, he just listed that collection on eBay as well.

Too bad he won't separate. I'd like to get a Sickle-Mo for the large Frames.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 03:05 PM

Wow,what a collection.

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 03:32 PM

Oh man that is drool worthy!. The 1886 is about my fav. large frame. New York isn't that far is it! Maynard, are you up for a road trip?

#6 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 03:39 PM

No trips for me.I don't like travelling.I wish I did.

Edited by mjodrey, December 05, 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#7 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,210 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 01:15 AM

I have talked to the guy many times over the last year on the other forum.
I'll am really thinking about this but I dont have the trailer to do it.

#8 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 08:35 AM

I have talked to the guy many times over the last year on the other forum.
I'll am really thinking about this but I dont have the trailer to do it.

I wouldn't let that stop you. Maybe OB would consider an assist if you could part with...say...a sickle mow for a large frame...? Just thinking out loud here...

#9 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:02 AM

I wouldn't let that stop you. Maybe OB would consider an assist if you could part with...say...a sickle mow for a large frame...? Just thinking out loud here...

:bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl:

Jerome and I are going to have a good laugh about that. At least HE will when he reads his PM from me :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl:

#10 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:07 PM

WOW talk about a bang for you buck thats a heck of a deal but would make double if sold seperatey.. i wouldnt mind haveine of the tillers for the 20D but the 33in tiller on the 1050 works for me for now. i got the iseki H1502 with a tiller to so