• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 superaben OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 08:51 PM

I'm looking for two parts for a NPR Briggs and Stratton. The first is a 26393 governor spring; no longer available. Does anyone know the length, width, and wire size for the original?

The second part is the governor linkage (26391) from the air vane governor to the throttle. I know I can make one if someone has the length of the straight middle portion. The original is missing, and the current linkage on the engine is contributing to the engine racing at aircraft speed. If anyone has an N series engine and could take a quick peek for me, I would be much obliged!

Ben Wagner

#2 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:41 PM

Bowtiebutler956 (Matt) has helped me out quite alot with the older "N" briggs engines. Here's a post he made awhile back, I haven't ever called the guy yet, but I'm sure he or someone else on here would know where to get parts.

Just give Will a call at one-5four0-27three-7five41. He has a vintage Briggs parts store on ebay, called Wills What Nots, but he only has a very small amount of his inventory on ebay, and he'll give you a better price going through him directley. Tell him Matt sent you. Beware, he'll talk your ear off about these old Briggs engines, and he curses like a sailor, but he really is a very friendly guy.

If you wanted to make a rod for the governor it looks like its about 21/32" center to center. Here's a few pics.

Not the clearest pics, but hope it helps.

Edited by KennyP, December 04, 2012 - 04:43 AM.
edit phone #

• superaben said thank you

#3 bhts OFFLINE  

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,412 Thanks
  • 2,113 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:33 AM

I have the 26391 link new and will take a look to see if i have the spring.Just give me a shout if you want them.

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 08:25 PM

BHTS, thank you for the kind offer, and I'll keep you in mind.

Nato77, remember that I owe you one for providing me information the governor linkage! Thank you for taking time to measure that for me. I was worried that I'd have to buy one for six bucks, when I knew I can make one. I'll make one to your specs, and I'm sure it will get me pointed in the right direction.

I also contacted Will-- he does have the spring I needed. We share the same state of VA, so I think he will be able to help me out without shipping going through the roof.

If ever I can be of service to you, feel free to let me know.

Ben W. in VA
  • Nato77 said thank you