• Please log in to reply
4311 replies to this topic

#1471 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 04:16 AM

Stay outta my yard.. i swear these are not junkers....

• UncleWillie said thank you

#1472 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 01:58 PM

Stay outta my yard.. i swear these are not junkers....

You are safe. I am not venturing into the frozen tundra any time soon.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#1473 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 03:13 PM

You are safe. I am not venturing into the frozen tundra any time soon.

Yeah, you'd need as MUCH warmer hat!

#1474 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 07:40 PM

Had a great Christmas day.

We all slept in a bit then it was

3663036-675292-christmas-coffee-cup.jpg

While I had my first cup Heath was tearing through his presents – until he got to a purple plastic Mini Cooper and then he didn't want to open anything else. He loved it. However once he finally opened a couple of others he found a remote control car. That took precedent over everything else as he crashed it into everything in the house.

Nothing at all happened this afternoon for me. Steph was busy in the kitchen so I stayed clear.

At 430 my son who adopted me, Graham, and his family came over. Well his fiancees daughter, Claire, did anyway. His fiance Jenni was having a bad day and they weren't helping her any. I called her and told her that if she didn't come over I was going to come toss her over my shoulder and bring her to the house. She was crying but she said she would come over.

We watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation while we ate. Jenni cheered up and was glad she came.

At 7 or so Graham and Claire went back to the house and Jenni and Steph sat in the kitchen discussing the crafts they wanted to make. She hugged me and thanked me for getting her out of her funk.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks

#1475 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 07:44 PM

Good for you Willie. 

#1476 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 07:55 PM

Way to go Willie!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1477 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 07:58 PM

I don't think anyone could be grumpy watching Christmas Vacation!

#1478 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • Member No: 51445
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 08:27 PM

Good job Willie. You wear many hats. I mean that in many ways.

#1479 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 26, 2013 - 10:13 PM

Nice easy day.

I slept in a bit to let the holiday cheer wear off then

5571-The-Importance-Of-Morning-Coffee-Funny-Wild-Animal-Picture-.jpg

We goofed off a bit and played online then at 2pm I got in touch with a guy who had some lumber ona concrete blocks on Cl and we left to get it.

With the lumber and blocks in the back of the BlueOx we headed home to unload them. I came away with 8 2x8x8 boards 8 large blocks and 14 regular ones. There is a pile of bricks there for me to go get too. Not sure what I will use old bricks for but I am sure I will find something.

After we got unloaded we headed up to Newton to get the trailer made from a popup camper frame that I bought Monday ( I think too lazy to go look). Fortunately it was only about 20 minutes away because when we got there I found that the one low tire had a huge hole in it where I couldn’t see it.

We ran back to the house to snag the big trailer then headed back.

The long tow strap wrapped around the tongue of the popup trailer and it came right up on the big trailer. The guyw as trying to tell me how to get it up there and I just ignored him and got it done. When we got through he said, “you know what you are doing don't you?” I just smiled.

One stop at the store for Steph to grab a couple of things and we were home.

Leftovers for dinner.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#1480 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 27, 2013 - 07:25 PM

Another nice easy day.

This morning we all did nothing while....

tumblr_m9jd3h9jcb1r53yneo1_500.jpg

Then I did some hardcore sitting on my massaging cushion. I think my back is finally starting to heal up from the tractor lifting incident.

At around 1 I headed up to Charlotte to get a small trailer from my buddy who runs the cigar shop, Darryl.

We chewed the fat for a minute and then climbed into the BlueOx to go to his house.

As soon as I pulled into his driveway his fat boxer was all over me. I tried to steal her but he wouldn't let me.

After I had the little trailer loaded up on my slightly bigger trailer he started digging around in his shop. He came out with a 2x3x2 plastic tool box full of extension cords and lights and gave it to me. He said the trailer was abandoned behind his cigar store and the box of cords was given to him by an old guy whose yard he used to mow.

We headed back to the shop for more coffee and Bsing. I bought 2 cigars and headed home.

Steph and one of her friends are meeting up in Huntersville to eat ice cream and talk while the kids play. She and Heath left as soon as I got home. So now I have the whole house to myself.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#1481 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 28, 2013 - 10:38 PM

Today got off to a slow, and sore, start.

It took me a while to get moving because my back was not happy with me. Once I did finally

Roger_by_foot_prints.jpg

Then we went outside to start loading up all the aluminum on the big trailer. First we had to get the big trailer unloaded. IT had the pop-up camper trailer on it still. And the little trailer had the even litteler trailer on it still. So once we finished playing trailer Jenga we got the big traielr hooked up to the BlueOx and moved to where I could start loading it.

Steph rounded up all the aluminum rims that had tires on them and headed off to the tire place to drop them off to Tony the tire guy.

While she and Heath were gone I set about loading things up. By the time she got back I was down to stuff that had to be disassembled – a couple of engine heads, and misc machine parts. Once Steph got back she drove back to the super secret hiding spot and got the loose aluminum rims and the old monster satellite dish and brought them to the trailer. (Until I get the mess in the yard cleaned up I cannot get the trailer back there.)

My buddy, Tim, stopped by to ask if I my opinion on the value of a truck he is thinking of buying. Then he picked up the Dynamark rear-end I saved for him and gave me a set of ladder racks for a van to sell.

After he left graham wandered over and talked for a while as I was taking apart the big industrial dishwasher that has been in my way for too long. I got a good bit of it apart and it started to get dark so we picked up the tools and came in.

Steph went off to watch a movie with a friend so Heath and I are holding the place together while she is gone.

• olcowhand, Craig., oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#1482 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted December 29, 2013 - 11:56 PM

You seem to love cigars, which is your favorite?

#1483 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 12:54 PM

You seem to love cigars, which is your favorite?

Blue Mountain Cigars are really good. Drew Estates makes some good cigars too. Mostly I buy the JR Cigar alternatives, they are usually factory seconds of expensive cigars.

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1484 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 06:05 PM

Not a bad day at all.

After a 4am bedtime I dragged myself to the coffee pot at around 11.

scream.jpg

Then Heath and I did some serious tractor and truck video watching.

After he got bored with that and went off to terorize the cat I got my trusty old Bosch RS15 saw out and put all the new parts on it. I replaced the rubber cover, shoe and all its assembly, and the blade clamp. It seems that they started making parts smaller since I replaced that clamp 5 years ago. IT was hard to see where everything went.

Ok in reality is it time for an eye checkup. I think this year will be bifocals.

Once that was together it was Heaths nap time so he went down and Steph and I went out to get to work.

After jump starting the homorrhoid she hooked it up to the small trailer I was given last week and set about moving all the tractor tires from the pile in the yard to the small parts building down the hill.

While she did that I loaded up all the aluminum bakers racks, removed the casters off each one, and cut them in half so they would fit in the smelter. The Bosch worked perfect. That thing is a brute. It will yank itself out of your hands if it gets hung.

Once that was done we went down in the field and hunted for a set of old dodge wheels that I have had for years and tossed them on the tiny trailer. She ran up the hill to load them on Christine (no way that truck was going down in the swampy field) and I dug out two monster Interco SuperSwampers that I have had as long as the dodge wheels.

With those on Christine I headed off to the tore shop. Steph kept moving tires and stuff while I was gone.

While I was at the tire shop she sent me a text that Heath had crawled out of his bed and onto the dresser and then couldn't go anywhere. When she came in the house he was screaming.

When I got to the shop Tony saw the SuperSwampers and asked what I was going to do with them. I told him that I wanted them mounted on the S10. He stood there with his mouth hanging open for a bit then I couldn't keep from laughing.

I owed him some money and let him have the swampers.

Once I was all loaded up I headed home. It was dark and we called it a day. The Hemorrhoid ran out of gas behind the shop so it will just have to sit there till tomorrow.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#1485 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • Member No: 51445
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted December 31, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Willie, I have been checking out your lift that you use behind the dragonlfy. I really like the design and I am thinking of something similar for all the crazy stuff / projects that i get into.

A couple questions for you. First - Does yours seem to be balanced pretty well ? 

Second - If i make one of these, Is there any recommendations you would have for me ? 

Any ideas or input would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Oh, and by the way, how did you come up with the name Dragonfy?

Edited by Sal Mcc, December 31, 2013 - 07:40 PM.