UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted December 06, 2013 - 05:37 PM

So this morning the alarm went off at 7am. I rolled out of bed and let Steph sleep.

Then.....

one.jpg

The reason for the early rising was I had a guy coming to buy a convertible top I had for sale. He said he would contact me early so I got up early. At about 830 she showed up. He didn't even look in the box, handed me cash and left.

Then I went inside and woke Steph up (see I am not a total slave driver) and she got Heath ready and we all hopped in the BlueOx and headed off to the scrap yard.

After getting the little Saturn wagon unloaded and money in my pocket we headed back home to swap the tow dolly for the trailer.

When we got home my stomach began to tell me that it really didn't appreciate the microwavable Chinese food I ate last night. A dose of Pepto and some quality time on the throne and I was good to go.

We loaded up again and headed the opposite direction to Charlotte. We stopped at Quick Trip for gas and food and we hit the interstate and made up some lost time.

Shortly, we arrived at the a restaurant, Bar Louie's, and I went in to find the manager while Steph sat out in the truck with Heath.

About 20 minutes later we had a bunch of food racks, a grease hood, and a dishwasher on the trailer.

2013-12-06_15-52-14_564.jpg

The good thing is that it is all food non-ferrous stainless and aluminum.

As we hit the interstate on the way home Heath finally gave up and went to sleep. He got about a 45 minute nap while I drove. He would have got a longer one, but I had to stop at Home Depot for sawzall blades. He woke up when I got back in.

HD wanted 46 a piece for grinder wheels so after I got the blades we went across the street to Harbor Freight. I got a pack of 10 wheels for $10.

finally we got home and ran around the yard trying to get a few things done before the rain sat in. I had to get the VW parts listed so I had to get a video of them. Then we had to unhook the big trailer and get the Saturn tires off the tow dolly so I can use it in the morning.

Finally we all came in and I sat down. I may not get up till tomorrow.

• Craig., HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1427 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 09:15 AM

Doug is just jealous

You got that right! There are 2 lists of women I'd like to find. The first would be the list of women that are real wealthy and looking for a guy to support. The second would be the list of gals that are interested in all things mechanical and not afraid to jump in and help. Either one would probably qualify over in the "rare" thread.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1428 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 02:50 PM

Today is an important day in US history.

USS-Arizona.jpg

Today didn't quite go as planned.

This morning I was waiting for 3 phone calls for loads to pick up. While I waited

i-need-about-a-kiddie-pool-of-coffee-straight-to-my-dome-every-morning.jpg

Only one of the 3 calls came in. So at 1030 we went out and got Christine hooked up to the little trailer and I headed out to get a load of miscellaneous junk.

On the way up I got behind a Furd Ranger going 10 MPH in a 55. After a couple of miles I finally managed to pass him – at 25 mph.

I got to the house and surveyed the stuff and started loading. First was a Murray riding mower with no deck. I unhooked the trailer and backed up to it and the guy helped me pick the front end up – almost. When I got it about waist high he let go. My back screamed in agony and I managed to get it stood up on end by myself then I backed Christine under it. He did manage to hold on to the rear while we lifted it up.

Then I hobbled around while his girlfriend and her daughter helped me load the rest of the junk. I had forgotten that she said she had a metal building that was to go. There was no way that was going on the little trailer, let alone be pulled by Christine with a bad clutch. I told her I would come back Tuesday to get it.

Then I headed home.I felt like I was being watched

watch.jpg

I called Steph and told her to meet me outside. She unhooked the trailer then took the small stuff out of the bed and then stuck the tractor in neutral and dropped the tailgate. I pulled forward some then backed up and slammed on the brakes. It rolled out.

Finally I got hobbled into the house and I am on my massaging cushion. Hopefully I don't have to go to the doc and get a shot.

Since it is Christmas time and this is awesome I will share it.

http://www.mrctv.org...mob-smithsonian

Edited by mybigwarwagon, December 07, 2013 - 02:55 PM.

• Craig., KennyP, Bmerf and 2 others have said thanks

#1429 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,395 Thanks
  • 39,658 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hope you can move in the morning!

#1430 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 04:22 PM

Me too

#1431 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,941 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 05:11 PM

Very good link Willie. PS, get your self a good back brace, it may help in those heavy lift situations (and you seem to have quite a few).

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1432 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted December 07, 2013 - 05:42 PM

I tried a back brace and it didn't do all that much. Had he not let go I would be fine it was that shock to my back muscles that hurt so badly

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1433 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Nothing happening today besides me trying to get my back loosened up.

Heath and I have spent some quality time drawing on a note pad with an ink pen and looking up vehicles on Google images. I think he is almost able to say tractor. He says “tratra” when I show him a picture.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#1434 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:30 PM

I think he is almost able to say tractor. He says “tratra” when I show him a picture.

That qualifies as saying tractor!   :thumbs:

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1435 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:34 PM

Oh yeah that definitely qualifies!

#1436 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,252 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 08:44 PM

Nothing happening today besides me trying to get my back loosened up.

Heath and I have spent some quality time drawing on a note pad with an ink pen and looking up vehicles on Google images. I think he is almost able to say tractor. He says “tratra” when I show him a picture.

That qualifies as saying tractor! :thumbs:

I will third that, that's a definite "tractor"

As a matter of fact, the original name for the site was almost GardenTraTraTalk.com... Missed being the name by not much
  • olcowhand, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1437 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 06:05 PM

Today I did...well nothing really

Woke up this morning after not sleeping much because of my back and it was pouring rain

SOOOOOOOOOOOO

smell.jpg

We were supposed to pick up a car, so I called the gal and someone else bought it.

I went online and bought the pieces to fix my good Bosch sawzall and that was about it.

Since I can't bend Steph took Heath to class with her. They are done with class and are just having a party tonight.

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1438 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 05:42 PM

Normally my day starts like this –
1Wake up
2 drink coffee
3 be awesome.

However Saturday I wrenched my back (I had someone “helping” me load a tractor – he dropped his side) and my day begins like this –
1toss and turn all night
1a become more awake,
1b lay in bed trying to move
1c force my body out of bed
2 stagger/hobble/fall into the kitchen and cry while making coffee
2a stagger to my desk chair
2c sit on massaging cushion for an hour
2d lay in floor for an hour and do PT exercises until I can barely bend
2e slowly painfully stand erect
2f spend 20 minutes getting dressed (15 minutes is tying my boots)
3 be kinda sorta tolerable

This morning tolerable took till 1pm.

Finally we got off to the scrap yard with the load I picked up Saturday. Then we stopped to put much needed fuel in the BlueOx then headed home.

At the house we dropped the little trailer on the dry ground the driveway. While I came in to look for the phone number I needed Steph hooked the little trailer up to her truck and backed the Ox over to the big trailer. After we got that hooked up I pulled it out of its mooring spot and slipped and slid across the yard till the front axle finally engaged (need a new front actuator) then we got the trailer to where it could be unloaded.

Everything on the trailer was light except for the restaurant dishwasher. The DragonFly had to go with us anyway so while Steph tossed a chain on the dishwasher I got the old girl fired up and backed over to the trailer. The thing slid right off the trailer, hit the mud and sunk. I left it where it fell. Then put the DragonFly on the small trailer and strapped it down.

We had to make a stop for gas because the DF and Christine were both thirsty. Then we got underway.

About 2 miles up the road I called Steph on the radio and asked her if she put the bolt cutters in the truck. She forgot too so we said forget it and came home. It was getting dark and the rain made everything a swamp so we will try again in the morning.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#1439 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 06:19 PM

Well, one thing went right....coffee....so the day was a success!  Actually I just finished a cup....decaf that is, but it still made me feel better!  :thumbs:

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1440 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Been raining here for 9 days straight.  Sun came out this afternoon and we are supposed to have sun until Saturday.  Everything around here is a swamp as well.

• Craig. said thank you