Not a bad day.
After being awake too late and getting out of bed too late I finally
Then I goofed off online until Steph put Heath down for his nap. I am still a bit sore, and getting up and down is a mite painful, so I need her to fetch tools.
After a bit of wrestling I got the oil pan back on the BlueOx and torqued properly. Since the IFS is in the way it makes it a bit difficult to reach a couple of the bolts.
And we lost three bolts at some point.
So a search of the grass and tool boxes turned up two of them and then we began a hunt through the magic box to find another one. The first bolt Steph picked up was almost perfect. I had to chop off 3 threads to make it fit. I may let her look for more bolts.
With all but one bolt put back in the pan (the one bolt holds the retainer for the Trans cooling lines and I can't put them back until the trans is in) I started to put the oil cooling lines back in. They have a small odd sized O-ring in them that I wanted to replace. My set had one that was the right diameter, but the wrong thickness; and one that was the right thickenss and the wrong diameter. So I was off to the parts house.
I took along this little oil diverter valve to see if they had one since this one is cracked.
At Autozone I returned the crankshaft seals I didn't need and picked up some trans fluid. They didn't have the O ring or the diverter so I went to NAPA.
NAPA had nothing, but I had fun harassing the counter guys. While I was sitting there I had an epiphany I could plastic weld the cracked divereter valve. Why didn't I think of that earlier?
Then I went to Crawley's. He had the O-rings.
Finally headed home.
Heath was up from his nap and was tearing around the yard.
First order of business was to clean the nasty sealant that was on the quick connects,so the angle grinder with a wire brush was stuck in the vise and I got them clean. Then I put the diverter back on the proper quick connect and heated up the soldering iron and got it put back together.
Finally I wanted to get the motor mounts hooked back up before we called it a day since it was getting rather dark.
They refused to line up. I mean refused.
The engine would not go back the necessary 1 inch to get them to line up and I couldn't push the hoist on the dirt so we took a detour and put the new fuel pump on the Hemorrhoid.
Of course, being the Hemorrhoid, it wasn't all that easy. The vacuum line that goes down to the valve cover cracked when I took it off. I looked at every tractor in the yard and none of them have that line. So I had Steph go in the shop and find a piece of shrink tubing that would go over it. With that shrunk down with the mini torch it was all back together and the Hemorrhoid sprung to life for the first time in about 4 weeks.
However, the engine hoist still would not budge. That is when I discovered the problem. The arm on the hoist was against the hood. So I did what any good mechanic would do. I lifted the engine up a bit and then let it slam down. It went right into place. Almost. I had to do a but of persuading to get the drivers side in.
With that done Steph shoved all the tools under the truck and we called it a day.
She had to go to the store so I had grab me a beer. First beer I have had in about 3 weeks.