UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted November 01, 2013 - 05:56 PM

When I had the gum infection and had to have my teeth pulled Steph said they rolled me out of the OR in a wheelchair and told her they had  a time getting me to sit down in it. Then I stood up and yelled WHoooooooooooo! and waved my hat in the air. She said it took three men to get me out of the chair and into the truck where I promptly fell asleep.

Last night just as I was about to fall asleep I swear it sounded like someone was walking on the roof. The longer i listened the more I realized that the wind was picking up. The more it blew the more noises I was hearing so I finally got up and looked. Steph had not closed the doors to the shed and they were both whipping back and forth in the wind. So I put on my robe, shoes, and hat and staggered out the door only to have my robe blown up over my head. Good thing it was 3am.

I locked the door to the shop and then a piece of plastic zoomed by my head. It had previously been covering the generator. So I found a sheet of fiberglass roofing and an ratchet strap and covered the generator again. Then I found the drain pan that had been covering the waste oil barrel that the bung fell into the drum. So I put that back on the drum and put a brick on top of it.

This morning I was telling Steph and we looked outside and she saw that the popup canopy was inside the dog pen. Fortunately it didn't get torn up too badly I can fix it.

Muscle is feeling a little bit better. I have only had to take my pain meds once today.

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1337 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 06:12 PM

For the second day in a row I have escaped my captivity – and got poop on me.

When my eyes popped open this morning I picked up my phone and made a call down to Buddy and Pam' s house to see if the shop had called about5 the starter. They had not called so I told Pam to call the shop and see if it was ready then....

coffeeday.jpg

Pam called back and said the starter was ready so I dragged Steph outside to assist me with loading the air compressor on Christine along with some other tools. It took me 20 minutes to get one starter bolt out yesterday. I wasn't having the same problem today.

Once I got down to their house I found out that Buddy had caught a sniffle and was dying. Pam gave me a check and I ran down to the shop and got the starter. They had even cleaned the rust off of it.

Got back and with the assistance of air tools it was no time till the Odyssey was back together and and it started right up.

Their youngest girl, Miriam, had been trying to catch a stray dog with a trap the humane society gave her. So far she had managed to catch a raccoon and today a possum. Pan had tried to release it, but said it was rabid. Since Buddy was on deaths door, and I had my pistol, I went down to the trap and set the poor thing free. Little thing didn't hiss at me once. He knew I wasn't scared of him and didn't try to intimidate me. It took a couple of tries to get the critter out but he finally ran off into the woods. Unfortunately, I left my phone in the truck so no pics. I have never seen a black possum before.

I came back home and had Steph help me unload the compressor and put it back in the shop. Then I made a test fit of the WheelHorse blade on the DragonFly. Steph kept a close eye on every move I made. I decided that I could mount it pretty easily and then I staggered inside. While I was on the ground I managed to find a fresh pile of chicken poop to roll over in.

Heath was taking a nap so Steph and I actually had some time to ourselves before she had to leave for class.

Heath is now up and I gave him a small cup with Goldfish crackers and marshmallows in it. I haven't heard a sound out of him in 30 minutes.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, November 06, 2013 - 06:13 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#1338 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 06:27 PM

Glad the hat is being put to use!

#1339 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,836 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 11:53 PM

Goldfish crackers and marshmallows?? Nothing like a good fix of salt and sugar to calm a little kid right down. You'll be sorry, Willie, when you have to chase him across the ceiling.

#1340 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 06:11 PM

Yesterday while I was working on Buddy's van I contracted a virulent strain of Bubic-botuli-ebol-itum-auenza-itis. I hacked a coughed my way through the night. I had a docotrs appointment this morning to have my groin inspected. I knew I was sick when my very cute, extremely well formed doctor came in wearing a purple sweater dress and all I wanted to do was fall behind the exam table and die.

Tried to take a nap when I got home and my phone rang like nuts.

Got up and it never rang again. Go figure.

I tried to do a couple of things outside, but they all turned to poopoo on me. Transmission shop called me and said they had the transfer case ready. Steph went up and got it. $300 later and I have a functioning case. Now I just need to rob a bank to have the money to change the rear main seal and fill everything back up with fluid. Not having worked in almost 2 weeks has taken a chunk out of m y bank account.

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel like scrounging up a load of scrap from the piles of junk out back.

If I am lucky when I go back for my follow up visit at the doc I will be feeling better and she will wear that dress again.

Nothing more for today. I am going to go hide under the bed.

Edit: Forgot I did manage to get one thing done today. The parts for the dryer came in and I put them on. Dryer is now, almost silently, drying clothes.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, November 07, 2013 - 06:13 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#1341 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 07:52 PM

Hope you get feeling better asap Willie!  Being sick is painful, but not having needed money can be equally painful.  Hope you're back to busting up metal SOON!  BTW....if your lady doc wears that dress, snap a pic!   :smilewink:

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1342 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yea, defiantly get a pic.  Hope you get to feeling better.

#1343 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 11:46 PM

I heard that was going around. With proper medication, it can go away as quickly as one week... But left untreated, it can take as many as seven whole days.

Hope you get back on track.
  • KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1344 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 08:44 PM

Just a little payback for poking fun at buddy being sick. Maybe you shouldn't have kissed him??

• olcowhand said thank you

#1345 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 04:36 PM

Update. Things have gone from bad to worse. I now have the green apple quickstep. I swear a pot of coffee just ran out my butt.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, November 09, 2013 - 04:36 PM.

• Craig. said thank you

#1346 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 04:44 PM

Update. Things have gone from bad to worse. I now have the green apple quickstep. I swear a pot of coffee just ran out my butt.

TMI!!!  Clean your coffee pot once in a while. :rolling:

• Craig., Team_Green and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#1347 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,941 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Good Lord MBW! Don't try and hold a sneez in! I had that crap once and literally exploded from every orafis :wtf:

• Craig. said thank you

#1348 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 06:04 PM

I hopped up to run to the can a minute ago and Steph had put up the baby gate between me and it. I had to yell about 4 times to get her attention. I couldn't bend over to move it and I sure wasn't going to try to go over it.

• Craig. said thank you

#1349 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted November 09, 2013 - 07:21 PM

Duct tape a few of Heath's diapers together & make a "Sick Willie" adult diaper!  :smilewink:

• Craig., KennyP, drbish and 2 others have said thanks

#1350 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 07:37 AM

That would be a waste of perfectly good duct tape.

They make then in "Willie size" now, and some places even deliver.

Why in no time flat, he can look like this fella :D :D :D

Attached Thumbnails

• adult_diapers1.jpg

Edited by OldBuzzard, November 10, 2013 - 07:38 AM.

• Craig., KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks