Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

The Adventures Of My New Hat

• Please log in to reply
4311 replies to this topic

#121 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:51 PM

I like that Chair. A buddy has a bike shop and has 3 or 4 office desk chairs he uses when he is working on the bikes. one for each side of the lift.  If I had room I would love to put something like that in there but I can't. :(  :mad2:

I have a few bad HD's lying around maybe I need to do the same with them.

#122 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 05:16 PM

I have a wooden office chair but I can't sit it in long with my bad back. With this Honda seat I can sit at the work table all day and still be able to stand and go back in the house.  My wife laughed at me when she saw it - then she said she wants one too.

#123 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 05:30 PM

For taller work, I use an old computer chair, and it does work nicely.  For work closer to the ground, I use one like this:

image_6035.jpg

#124 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 06:47 PM

For taller work, I use an old computer chair, and it does work nicely.  For work closer to the ground, I use one like this:

That's what I use.  One of these day's I'll have a bigger shop.  

#125 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:17 PM

Still feeling like death on a cracker.  Neighbor came over to borrow my chainsaw so I walked over to his house to see what he was doing. He was trying to split firewood. I looked at  his splitting maul and it had no edge on it. Looked like someone had used it to break rocks with. So i brought it over to the shop cleaned it up and sharpened his axe. He is happily splitting wood now.

• Craig. said thank you

#126 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:24 PM

I hope you get to feeling better soon. I miss the daily episode of your adventures!

• backwoods said thank you

#127 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:27 PM

Daily adventures for the past few days consist of coughing up internal organs and sneezing till i nearly pass out. Fun stuff. At least I can hide in the shop and not drive the wife and kid insane.

#128 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:30 PM

Daily adventures for the past few days consist of coughing up internal organs and sneezing till i nearly pass out. Fun stuff. At least I can hide in the shop and not drive the wife and kid insane.

My wife is just now feeling like the living after several days bout with the flu.  Hope you feel better soon Uncle Willie!

#129 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:46 PM

This isn't the flu it is a respiratory infection. Still no fun.

#130 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 10:19 PM

Just caught this topic.  Enjoyable read.

Sorry to hear about the finger.  We use Robertson screws.

Came home and fixed the hinge on my shop door. I had a Philips bit on my ½ inch drill and started to put screws in it. The bit slipped not once, but twice and hit me in the exact same spot. I have a pretty cool looking finger now.

2012-12-28_20-29-03_381.jpg?t=1356744571

#131 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 10:29 PM

Well had one job come in that had to be done tonight. The Chevy Suburban I just put the engine in came back on a roll back. It had an electrical problem and the battery wasn't charging. I pulled the alternator off and one of the ears on the alternator mount was broken. I called my welder and he just happened to be driving past my house with his wife and son on their way back from dinner. I pulled teh whole mount off and he took it to his shop while his son played with Heath and His wife and Steph chatted.

Once he got back I put it all back together and the happy truck owner went home. He is going to Atlanta tomorrow so he was ecstatic it got fixed.

I am feeling a little better but it may be the Makers Mark. .

• KennyP, HDWildBill, backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#132 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 05:59 AM

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, even with a little 'help'. You got lucky on getting that fixed so quick, nice to have friends willing to help out.

#133 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 04, 2013 - 05:55 PM

Well today I rose from bed after a chemically induced coma (Nyquil) of 12 hours. Steph brought Heath in for a good wrestling match on the bed until I started to cough again. I staggered to the bathroom and hacked and gagged and spit out what I believe was part of a lung. Then Made coffee and fell into my desk chair to check email and write nonsense poems to johndeereelfman to relieve his boredom.

Wife loaded up Heath and Diesel and went to the vet - I was in no shape to keep the kid as I was having coughing spasms that nearly ended in my passed out in the floor. I have a doc appointment for Tuesday. It was already scheduled so I am just trying to survive long enough to make it there. LOL

Last week Diesel decided to tackle a Ford Fusion that was speeding up the road. I hope he tore the crap out of it. I haven't seen it come back by the house. They didn't stop. He laid in the street for about a minute then got up and hobbled back to the yard. He was trying to walk on it and i didn't feel anything broken so we didn't take him ( plus he had no money) to the vet. Well yesterday he wasn't using it at all so she took him.  Remember the old John Wayne quote that if you are going to be stupid you had better be tough. Well he is only bruised. He is also hard to get a good picture of.

2013-01-03_21-41-27_171.jpg

Carmel had to get her picture made too

2013-01-03_21-41-44_193.jpg

After she got back from the vet Heath went down for a nap and we began to investigate why the fuel pump on the BlueOx would not shut off. After much poking prodding and checking wires it shut off. Still have no idea why.

While I was reading wiring diagrams the chickens decided to come in for a visit and to see if there were any bugs hiding in the shop.

2013-01-04_16-12-12_362.jpg

2013-01-04_16-12-18_112.jpg

One that mystery was investigated and not solved I pulled the Ox out of the carport while Steph went to make more coffee. Then Her S10 got put up on the jack to find out why the starter is not engaging the flywheel every time.

While she pulled the starter I took the steering column apart to address the long over due loose tilt wheel mechanism. One of the PO's had tried to fix it improperly and only succeeded in messing up the head of the only torx bolt they tried to tighten.  Then they apparently squirted something in the other bolts to try to keep them from backing out any further. So out came the tap and die set to clean up their mess. I got it all tightened and the sun went down and we couldn't see anything so we packed it up for the night.

Tomorrow we will finish it all up and for the first time in almost a year both truck will be properly functioning. Then I am hoping to get Old Smokey (1990 Chevy K1500 Suburban 6.2l Diesel with a banks turbo) under the carport to work on the fuel lines. It is a shame it has been neglected for so long, but everything else kept getting in the way of working on it.  Plus you guys reading this kind of gets me motivated to have something to write about LOL>

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#134 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted January 04, 2013 - 06:35 PM

glad to hear you were able to get back outside and get some much needed work done. btw your peam's are much better then the one i attempted today

• UncleWillie said thank you

#135 chevyaddict83 OFFLINE  

chevyaddict83
  • Member No: 20714
  • 24 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:15 PM

If you keep neglecting that diesel, imma come qnd get it Sent from my 416-8