UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 06:43 PM

Jacob I am still trying to contact him. You can come by any time to get the title.

Sherwood, I was talking to a friend who works at AutoZone and he said that the flashlights were an item that they are no longer going to carry and they had orders to clear out stock. I asked him if they had any more and he said no but we have some other stiff that can go for free. So I came home with a bag full of cheap screwdrivers, fingernail clippers, inspection mirrors, razor scrapers, and tiny tape measures. He said the flashlights went almost instantly at a penny a piece.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1292 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 07:05 PM

Aha, so it was a clearance thing. Next time you see the check out gal, please tell

her I'm sorry.

#1293 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,226 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 07:53 PM

For the cashier.

To quote one of my favorite movies

"It's not that I'm lazy I just don't care"

#1294 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 08:18 PM

What a day.

Yesterday when we got up it was rather cool so I started looking for work pants in stead of shorts. I had none so the worst looking pail of dress pants I had got drafted. Within a hour I had ripped the crotch. Last night Steph sewed them back up and washed them. They didn't last.

This morning with my freshly sewed pants on and having fed

100010669-CNBCTV-PT-Coffee-Addiction.600x400.jpg

Then we all loaded up in the BlueOx and headed down to the scrap yard to unload the Imp and get a fist-full of cash. With that done we headed to Pageland to get a Jeep Cherokee.

The Heap had a flat tire when we got there so I got the little air pump out and it refused to air the tire up. I had the air tank int eh truck but it was empty. The next door neighbor had a little pump but the cord was not long enough to reach the tire. So I used it to fill the air tank then filled the tire. In the process I ripped my pants again.

We hooked the Heap to the Ox and pulled it. No go the thing would not go into neutral. I had Steph back the Ox up and push it backwards while I snatched on the 4wd shifter and the trans lever. It finally came out.

But the drivers front wheel was frozen. It would roll about 3 feet then it locked. So with the Ox in 4wd we got it pulled out in the driveway then Steph pushed it backwards till it locked again. After positioning the Tow dolly against the tires and chocking the dolly tires we pulled it up with the Ox.

After it was strapped down we headed home.

heep.jpg

Heath got tossed in his bed for a nap and we started to tear the Heap apart. Steph crawled under it to cut the cat off and said the transfer case was so hot your couldn't touch it. Something was definitely FUBAR in there.

I had contacted a friend who has a Jeep and asked her if she needed parts. She did and said when her husband got off work they would come by.

When we got the Heap apart I fired up my $50 generator and Jareds tractor and let them run out of gas.

By the time they ran out of fuel our friends showed up and got the parts they needed. After we talked a while they left and then I headed to Walmart in Christine to get some milk – shredded pants and all.

On the way I noticed that a tire was loose. I limped slowly into the parking lot and then looked for the lug wrench. It wasn't in there.

SO I went in and got some milk and a pair of work pants and headed back out. I asked a couple of people if they had a lug wrench and no one did. I did, however, have a 6 inch crescent wrench. With it I tightened the lugs as tight as I could and then drove it about 50 feet and tightened them again.

A mile later I stopped and tightened them again. Then a mile after that. And a mile after that. Finally I said screw it I am going home and did. It was pretty loose when I got home but I drove 5 MPH the whole way with my head out the window watching the tire.

• olcowhand, Craig., HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#1295 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 08:43 PM

Sorry... but this comment "but I drove 5 MPH the whole way with my head out the window watching the tire." caused me to think of what others may have saw. :)

Attached Thumbnails

• dog 2.jpg

• MH81, Craig., HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#1296 chevyaddict83 OFFLINE  

chevyaddict83
  • Member No: 20714
  • 24 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Sorry... but this comment "but I drove 5 MPH the whole way with my head out the window watching the tire." caused me to think of what others may have saw. :)

larry, I'd believe that picture if the dogs beard was longer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Craig. said thank you

#1297 chevyaddict83 OFFLINE  

chevyaddict83
  • Member No: 20714
  • 24 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 08:54 PM

And uncle Willie, this is my morning coffeePosted Image

#1298 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:08 PM

And uncle Willie, this is my morning coffeeu6ehydar.jpg

Willie done beat ya to that one!   :smilewink:   Look Here

#1299 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yep already did that one.

Almost drove the wheels off today.

This morning almost as soon as my alarm went off I got a text from the guy who had the 84 Impala that I didn't buy on Monday. He asked if I still wanted it for $350.

While I took the time to think about it

anytime.jpg

Then I sent him a text that I could only give him $300. My biggest reason was that he caused me to waste a day and a drive to Statesville.

While he pondered my offer Steph and I went out and got a couple of pieces off the Jeep that my friend wanted but had not pulled last night for fear of seeming greedy. I knew exactly why they did it so I didn't mind spending 5 minutes pulling them off for them.

The guy finally sent me a text back that he would take $300 so we tossed the wheels off of Christine (that we hadn't had time to put back on yet) and floor jack in the Jeep and then headed off to the scrap yard.

After the Jeep was unloaded we strapped the wheels and jack to the tow dolly and then headed to Charlotte to sell some cats.

Up at my friends yard I noticed he had a late 90s GMC truck with a split bench seat in it that we have been looking for. I asked him what he wanted and he asked who it was for. I told him Steph and he said she could have it. I told him I would come back tomorrow to get it.

Then we hauled ourselves up back up to the house in Statesville. On the way up the BlueOx emitted a thump and then we had no drive. I coasted to the side of I77 and was about to get out of the truck when Steph noticed that the transfer case was in neutral. I stuck it back in and it went right up the road again. We figured that Heath had hit the lever playing in the truck while we were at the scrap yard and it finally vibrated forward enough to pop out.

Finally got to the house. This time the guy was very nice to me. I guess he was afraid I would lower my price to $250. LOL.

With Christine's wheesl bolted on the Impala and it securely strapped down to the dolly we made a quick trip over to JR Cigar to get the dogs some big cow knuckles. They sell them for $4 each. The dogs love them.

2013-10-23_16-32-44_900.jpg

While I was at JR I remembered that a friend of a friend was looking for demo derby cars so I picked up my phone and called him. He said he would call his friend. After a few relay calls between the 3 of us he finally gave his friend my number and told him to call me.

We left JR and headed for home. About 8 miles down the road the transfer case popped out of gear again. We guessed that Heath had hit it again when he was playing while we loaded the car up. I slowed down and put it back in gear and we headed off again. A mile later it was back out. I put it back in and drove down the road holding it in gear until my back couldn't take it anymore then Steph took over. While I was holding it I noticed that the shifter was going up and down 3 inches. I figured that a motor or transmission mount was broken.

We finally got to a Chick-fil-a that had a playground to let Heath loose in. While we were eating my phone rang and it was my friends friend the derby guy. He asked what my bottom dollar was if he gave me the car back after he destroyed it. I told him he could have it for what I paid for it. He said Yes.

Then I went out to the Ox and found a small ratchet strap and hooked it on the transfer case shifter and to the back seat frame. It seemed like it would work so we headed home. Heath was more interested in going outside than playing in the indoor playground anyway.

The ratchet strap worked like a charm till we hit back roads. The bouncing was making lots of things move and made some interesting noise.

Steph needed some groceries so we stopped at Aldis. Then we ran by TSC to get an air chuck since my grew legs and ran off and joined the lost sock battalion.

When we got home I opened the hood while Steph revved the engine and the drivers side engine mount and the transmission mount are broken.

Tomorrow I will limp to my friends shop and drop off the Impala then the Ox can sit and cool off while I am gone to Charlotte to get the seat.

• olcowhand, Craig., HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#1300 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 05:24 PM

I'm a traveling man I've made a lot of stops....

This morning Heath came to visit me in bed so I played with him for a while until I tossed him up in the air and did something to my neck.

Then it was off to the kitchen

tumblr_md8hg6k2gb1qir0c6o1_500.jpg

First order of business was to get to the tire shop to drop off the Impala.

2013-10-23_18-49-31_254.jpg

We took it very easy knowing that the motor mounts were broken. The tire shop is just a place to drop the car. They guy who bought it left the money with Tony who runs the shop. Once he gave me a envelope full of cash we headed home.

Then Steph put BlueOx went up in the air on jack stands while I got all my tools put in Christine to go to Charlotte and get the Seat for the 88.

Had to make a quick stop at Verizon to pay my bill then I was off to the junk yard.

Got the passengers side out with no problems but the drivers door was smashed and pushed against the seat so I couldn't get to the bolts. I hunted around for a tire iron in the junk cars and all I could find was a jack handle for a screw jack that had the little tab to pop hubcaps off with. So I grabbed it.

I managed to get the door pried back enough to get the hook for my come-a-long in the then hooked a ratchet strap to it and a nearby Ford and managed to pull the door open. Then the drivers side came out with no problems.

I noticed 2 cars up there that had good tires the same size as we usually run on Christine so I asked the guy and he said $25 each. I will go back next week and get them. Since Christine is wearing a skinny set of 14s right now I can't put them on anyway till I get the wheels back off the Impala.

The little 14 inch Buick wheels look good on the truck but they are skinny enough to be dangerous. I kept spinning the tires pulling away from stops and one emergency stop caused all 4 tires to lock up and I slid a good ways. Driving it on gravel or grass is an exercise in clutch pumping to get the tires to bite. It is getting the bigger tires back on it.

this beauty was in for a transmission repair.

2013-10-24_15-22-48_217.jpg

Once I was loaded up I headed down the road

FB_IMG_13826435252889741.jpg

and had to go through an intersection where the predominant ethnic group thinks the world owes them something. As I approached the intersection behind another car a pedestrian tried to force his way in front of me. When I didn't let him he walked around the truck and started to walk up to my window when he noticed how not small I am. He said don’t ever do that again and I told him that jaywalking was illegal. About 10 of them started yelling but the light turned green and I drove away.

Stopped at BestBuy to try to buy a headset for my phone because it is almost impossible to drive a 5 speed in traffic while talking on the phone. They didn't have anything but Blue-tooth headsets so I left and went back to Verizon. $20 later and I was out the door headed home.

My welder friend. Timmy Dale, called me and said to b ring the tow dolly by. I told him I was in Gastonia and it would be an hour before I was home so he said he would go get it.

Then the people who had their dogs at my house for so long called and asked if I wanted to buy their Scotts mower. I gave them a price and they are bringing it by later tonight. I will clean it up and resale it quickly.

I stopped at Advance to get motor mounts and they didn't have any. I called Autozone and they didn’t either , but since they know me they will order them without me having to pay for them first so the OX will be on jacks over night.

I stopped by Timmy Dale's house to get eh dolly and it wasn't there. He had already fixed it and took it to my house. Good friends are hard to find.

Finally pulled in the yard 158 miles after I left it this morning. I am a bit worn out.

We stuck the seats in the barn and I called it a day. Steph had to go to the store so Heath and I are in command till she gets back. Well Heath is anyway.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#1301 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,367 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Sounds like a fun day!

#1302 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 06:50 PM

The little tractor showed up a minute ago. It is a 32 inch cut Scotts. Right now it is 3 kinds of nasty. I had to scrap off a layer of dirt to find out that it had a 15 hp Kohler on it. It will get scrubbed up and sold soon.

2013-10-24_19-36-29_212.jpg 2013-10-24_19-36-40_386.jpg

• KennyP said thank you

#1303 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,367 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 07:00 PM

That's about the size of the MTD I use to mow around the house with. Been a good little mower!

#1304 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 07:13 PM

After looking at the picture I realized it is a 43 inch cut. It needs deck wheels and a discharge chute starts right up though

#1305 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,226 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted October 25, 2013 - 12:32 PM

I seen you bought a blue tooth head set.

This is what I do.  If you have a tape player go to dollar general and pick up one of those old school tapes with the wire coming off of it.  Pop the tape in, stick the rca connector in your head phone slot, and boom you have a hands free that comes through your radio speakers just like one of them there fancy blue tooth sets in these high end cars.

I call it my redneck hands free. 

Since I've been driving my Ranger 5 speed it is nearly impossible to drive and shift, and hold a phone at the same time.