• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted October 01, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Good for the little guy!  Case & I both came in with black all over us after playing/working on the 3 little pigs.  I don't know where we picked it all up at!

• KennyP said thank you

#1232 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted October 01, 2013 - 11:44 PM

There's clean dirt, and dirty dirt. Clean dirt is the stuff you get when you're having fun, dirty dirt comes when you hate your job. I always try to get covered in clean dirt. lol
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#1233 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:21 PM

Not a bad day, but not according to plan.

Last night about *pm I got a call from a friend asking if I had a tire for his truck. Heath and I went out and looked (pro tip – if you have to go outside at night with a very active 19 month old give him a flashlight so you know where he is) and I had one so I called him back and he said he would have his wife bring him up to get it when she got home from church.

Well about 9 she called and asked if I might be able to bring it up early this morning because she had something to do. I said I would.

So early this morning I dragged myself to the kitchen for

coffeemadnesslogo.png

Then I filled up my travel mug, saddled up in Christine and headed out. I called them as I left the driveway and his wife answered and said he had found a tire that I had given him earlier and was going to try to get it mounted.

So I turned around and came home and had some more coffee. I had some work to do outside but the dew was so heavy I decided to let it burn off before I went out and slipped on something wet and killed myself.

About an hour later my phone rang and it was Buddy again. The tire had something wrong with it so his wife was coming up to get the tire. She had found someone to fill in for her.

About 30 minutes later I heard the dogs barking and she was here. So I gave her the tire, checked the dew – it was still there – and went back in.

At about 10 I went out to get started taking the old mower engines apart. As soon as I had everything set up the phone rang. A guy up in Hickory who does foreclosure cleanups had a Toyota station wagon that they wanted gone immediately.

So I came in and asked Steph if she wanted to go to Hickory. She did so we all jumped in the BlueOx and headed out.

After we loaded up the car he said they had another house that had a pile of scrap metal next to it that needed to be hauled away. He had to go to a different job and said he would send me the address when he was ready to meet me.

So we went to Northern tool and got some connectors to fix my air line with and a couple of other things and then went to the Hickory Malls food court to eat.

After a hour in an uncomfortable chair at the mall I was ready to go anywhere. We loaded up in the truck and headed down to the cigar shop. We got there just in time to see all the excitement at the Capitol Building on their big screen TV.

Finally the guy sent me an address and we made our way down to Newton. I wasn't sure exactly which house it was and the guy wasn't real clear on what it looked like so I parked int eh first parking lot I saw and hiked back down the road to where I thought it was. I was right.

I called Steph on the radio to bring the truck down because I sure wasn't going to hike a ½ mile back up the road.

We waited about 20 minuted for him to get there before we touched anything.

He showed up and we started to stuff the little caw with everything we could. Fortunately the people that abandoned the car knocked all the glass out of it so it was easy to stuff.

Then they started to drag stuff out of the basement of the house. By the time it was all done I had a bunch of stuff in the back of the Suburban and strapped to the roof of the Toyota.

Steph noticed that the tire on the Toy was low so we headed to the nearest gas station to get some air. By the time we got there the tire was in shreds. So we pulled the front tire off and put it in place of the flat back tire then put the flat tire back on the front and strapped it down to the tow dolly again.

Almost back at the house I noticed that there was a piece of metal sliding out of the Toyota's window. I pulled into a parking lot just as it fell out on the road. I told Steph to jump out and get it and she headed out while I got pulled completely off the road.

One car drove around it but the van behind it ran slap over it and then the guy driving was looking all over to see what he had run over.

With that back in the truck we headed home.

Heath was completely exhausted so Steph put him in the bed while I got started working on the truck..

I picked up a steering wheel at the junk yard a while back to replace the one that had chunks of foam missing on it and I finally got it put on. Then I put the horns I got off of a Buick a few weeks ago on the truck. They are the ones that sound like a boat horn. Maybe now people will be able to hear it when I honk.

We came back in the house and I got in the shower. Heath never did take a nap and was very cranky. Steph brought him in the bathroom and I put some water in the tub and he and I played for a while. It was great fun taking a bath with daddy.

Now we are all clean and dry and watching The Big Bang Theory.

• olcowhand, Craig., HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#1234 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 11:40 PM

Big Bang Theory is one of our favourites--- thank goodness for reruns because we never seem to get to watch T.V.in the summer.

#1235 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted October 04, 2013 - 07:20 PM

Boy am I tired.

This morning I woke up before my alarm went off at 8am and I was laying there trying to remember what I had to do today. Then I heard a diesel engine and the dogs started barking. I looked out the window and Time was dropping off his trailer in the yard. Then I remembered.

So I hauled myself into the kitchen

weird0tn-2.jpg

Then I went out and climbed abord the BlueOx and headed off to the scrap yard to drop off the Toyota we got yesterday.

Then I headed home, dropped the tow dolly and hooked up to Tim's trailer and headed up to get Grady to go get a 46 Chevy pickup that he is going to restore.

After I snagged Grady we rode up to Huntersville to get the truck. On the way up he told me that he thought the water pump on his Explorer was leaking. I told him that I would look at it when we got back. He is an excellent body man but is not a mechanic.

Once we had secured the 46 to the trailer we headed back to his shop.

After unloading the 46

2013-10-04_13-47-45_509.jpg

2013-10-04_13-48-01_68.jpg

I crawled up under the Exploder to take a look. The water pump was perfectly clean and dry. So we put some water in it to see where it was leaking. After 2 gallons it started to come out the side of the block. It appeared to be coming out of a freeze plug but I couldn't really tell. I couldn't see where it was coming from so I stuck my phone in and started taking pictures till I had one of the leak.

2013-10-04_14-17-21_458.jpg

Yep freeze plug.

He was going to drive it and I told him not to. I really didn't want to have to come puck him up off the side of the road at midnight. So I got my screwdrivers and a chisel out and started working on the plug. I managed to stick a screwdriver through it using just my hand.

Due to how it was wedged under the power steering pump and behind the motor mounts it took some doing.

Then we went up to O'reilly's and got a rubber expandable plug to put back in it. My the time it was fixed my right arm looked like hamburger. I was wishing I had arms like Jared’s – 4 feet long and ¾ inch in diameter.

Then I headed home to return Tim's trailer.

Since he was home we stood around and talked for a while and then I bought a tractor from him.

I haven't got it home yet so the picture is all I can tell you about it.

2013-09-19_16-24-24_852.jpg

Finally, I made it back home and fell into my recliner to eat dinner.

After dinner I staggered to the shower. As soon as I got out the people who are keeping their dogs here came by and I had to go out and have a word with them. The deal was that they come every day and feed the dogs because we cannot afford to feed them. They have been coming every three days or so. That is unacceptable. I told them that my neighbors were asking questions and I was not loosing my dogs because they wouldn't come up to feed them. So they decided to leave the food up here so we could feed them if they couldn't get up here.

Now I get to relax a bit.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, October 04, 2013 - 07:21 PM.

• HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1236 chevyaddict83 OFFLINE  

chevyaddict83
  • Member No: 20714
  • 24 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 06:24 AM

So I hauled myself into the kitchen

889a782926628316_100622452.preview.jpg

You were looking pretty perky yesterday after your coffee, william. Don't tell us that wasn't you. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

www.perfecttrimlawnandgardencare.com

Edited by chevyaddict83, October 05, 2013 - 06:32 AM.

• Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#1237 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 10:48 AM

Coffee does a body good
  • Alc and Craig. have said thanks

#1238 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Today I had the day off – NOT.

I did manage to sleep in a bit and then I felt my way to the kitchen

coffeeaddict.jpg

A guy on a forum I am on had a CUCV bumper and brushguard for Old Smokey that I have been looking for. The plan is to do it kind of like this

cucv.jpg

Then we headed over to Concord Mills Mall to go to Bass Pro because Steph had a gift card for a dutch oven. After seeing the price on them there she decided to get one at Wally world and I spent her gift card on a couple of mags for my 22 ground hog exterminator and a 34 OZ Bubba mug for morning coffee

bubbamug.jpg

a couple of other things.

Then she persuaded me to walk around the mall. The lower end wasn't bad but I think the heat was on in the upper end. She wanted to go to Books-a Million and by the time I got int eh store good I was sweating like a pig. We had to leave – Which was a good thing because.....

….The phone started ringing. A woman in Hickory had a Cadillac Catera that she wanted to scrap so I gave her a price and she said it needed to go tonight before the apartment manager had it towed.

We swung by the house and I pulled the CUCV parts out and hooked up to the tow dolly while Steph ran in and changed Heaths diaper and got him, a fresh bottle of milk. Then we headed north.

30 minutes later we got to the complex and saw the Caddy that should have zigged when it actually zagged. Something in the front end was badly broken. She said she was on her way to sell the car and a woman hit it in a parking lot. She didn't think that it was hurt so she didn’t get any information from the lady. The car makes a horrible grinding noise when you drive it, and while I drove it up on the dolly the passengers side front tire caught something and inside sidewall was sliced open.

At around 730 we finally got home. Steph had ordered a pizza on the way in and he got here about 5 minutes after we got in.

Heath is wound up from sitting in the car all day. He is chasing the dogs around the house.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, October 05, 2013 - 07:46 PM.

• Craig., HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1239 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 08:15 PM

I spent today paying for having fun yesterday.

The Catera we picked up Saturday made me mad yesterday. It tried to do everything it could to cause problems. OK actually Steph and I both had a brain dead day.

We went out to see about cutting the catalytic converters off the car and Steph decided to pull the to dolly up on the hump in the back yard so she could crawl under it. Just as I came around the corner I saw her spinning the tires on the truck in the grass while she attempted to pull the Caddi that was still in park.

I laughed at her and took the car out of park and she tried again.I am not quite exactly sure what went wrong next but the drivers side strap came loose and the car turned on the dolly and had one tire on and one tire off when she tried to pull it forward again.

Since the car ran we decided to just pull it off the dolly and try again.

She started it up and tried to back up. Nothing. Engine revved but the car sat still. Then I realized that the passengers side strap was still on it.

So off came the strap and she backed it off. I straightened the cradle on the dolly and she pulled it back up. The car had no brakes. It ran over the cradle and landed on its frame.

Christine was awakened from her slumber and hooked to the back of the Caddi. I stuck the BlueOx in 4wd and Steph stood on the gas on the Caddi. (My thought was that the car would help climb its way off). I pulled the Ox forward and the passengers side of the car hopped over the cradle. It was then that I realized that the car was rear wheel drive.(duuh i already knew that)

We hooked the chain to the drivers side rear of the Caddi and I pulled it again. It came off.

At this point it had made me mad so I took it down in the field to work out my frustrations. In the process of driving one handed and holding the camera with the other hand I got my right thumb in the steering wheel as I ran over a telephone pole. I know better. It didn't break my thumb but it hurts bad.

I was suppose dot go to Charlotte with Graham to get a tree but when my alarm went off ti wsa pouring rain. So I went back to sleep.

When I got out of bed and filled my Bubba mug with

skullsncoffee_370x278.jpg

I started editing the videos of the Caddi being murdered.

Steph had a dentist appointment so I had to watch Heath too. It was fun. At 1:30 he was rubbing his eyes and fussing and I asked him if he needed a nap. He walked back to his crib and started to tug at it. I tossed him in with a sippy cup full of milk and he slept till 5:30. I guess he needed a nap.

Steph came home at around 3 and took a nap then got up and left for class as 5.

After Heath woke up I was back here in the office and he was running in and out while I worked. He had a ball.

At about 8 I went in the kitchen to get a drink. Heath had been playing and running in and out of the office so I knew he was fine. What I didn't realize was that the sun had gone down and the only light in the house that was on was in my office. The kid was playing in his room in the pitch black. He had a toy that lights up and was having a blast with it.

After I turned on the lights he came in the office and we found a race on youtube to watch. He is fascinated by it.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, October 07, 2013 - 08:16 PM.

• Bmerf said thank you

#1240 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for sharing that video! Never seen anything like that b4. I really enjoyed that. Dirt trucks on pavement with steel ramps that move around lol loved it!

#1241 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for sharing that video! Never seen anything like that b4. I really enjoyed that. Dirt trucks on pavement with steel ramps that move around lol loved it!

Yeah beats watching F1 cars go round and round. '

Here is my Caddy killin video

• KennyP and CRFarnsworth have said thanks

#1242 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 04:56 PM

Where's Jared when you need him? But, better yet, you got a good stress relief out of that!

• UncleWillie said thank you

#1243 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 05:08 PM

If there were 2 of me we would both be tired.

At 3am I woke up and started to walk into the kitchen to get a drink. I tripped on a pillow and fell into a clothes basket containing a sleeping cat. Shadow was so startled she attacked me. I can't blame her. If something 100 times my size fell on me I would whip out my claws and teeth and get a piece of it too. Fortunately she barely did any damage. However, I was wide awake. At about 5 I drifted back to sleep.

At 9am I came to life and staggered to the kitchen to

coffee-machine-smiley-emoticon.gif

Then I spent some time playing online and checking ads on CL . Steph had taken Heath to the Discovery Place in Huntersville to meet a friend she had not seen for many years.

At some time I made my way outside and got started taking the Catera apart.

I was in no big hurries so I took my time and got a bunch of aluminum and wiring out of it.

While I was working Steph came home and helped a bit. Her friend was coming by the house to get a kitten we kept for her so she was keeping an eye out for her.

When her friend got here I was left to work by my myself.

I spent a lot longer taking it apart because I could. I yanked out all the nice Bose speakers and other stuff that I usually leave.

Once Steph friend left she put Heath down for a nap and came out to help me.

With the car finished up we took the brush guard for the 90 Suburban and stuck it in the truck out of the weather. Then we aired up the tires on the 88 Pickup that went flat after we moved it to mow and then moved it to where it belonged.

Finally I pulled the BlueOx with the Catera on the dolly up to the driveway so it can go to the crusher tomorrow.

Steph went to the store and got stuck in traffic because a truck rolled over on the highway. No no word on any injuries.

One funny picture.

When I wanted to destroy the Catera it had a bad valve stem. I wasn't going to break the tire off the rim to replace it so I did a redneck repair. It was the only tire that was still holding air.2013-10-08_15-47-02_656.jpg

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1244 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 05:15 PM

If it works, go for it! No cat's here but I stumble into the kitchen a bunch!

#1245 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,771 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 05:31 PM

Where's Jared when you need him? But, better yet, you got a good stress relief out of that!

Yeah he missed out on that one. It was a lot of fun.

• KennyP said thank you