UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yeaaaaaaaaah We have internet again, but not without difficulty.

Yesterday we woke up to on working internet. It is a good thing that we had a car for Jared to destroy or the poor kid would not have survived.

After my morning

bigjog - Copy.jpg

I spent a hour on the phone with AT&T to no avail. They scheduled an appointment for Friday morning for a service tech to come out.

I went out to supervise his destruction. Since he didn't appear to be tearing the Windstar up fast enough I hopped on the Hemorrhoid and dragged a 10 foot long telephone pole in the middle of the field then took my trailer ramps and propped them up on it to make him a little ramp. He had a ball jumping over it.

After a few jumps he decided to drive it down the embankment and he hit a tree. The BlueOx was called upon to extract it.

If the phone and the computer can play nice for a while I will post a video.

At dark he had completely destroyed it and couldn’t get it to start again.

Then he was extremely bored the rest of the night because he couldn’t play online.

Then this morning in the middle of my

coffeepot - Copy.jpg

This guy who looked like he was kin to the Incredible Hulk knocked on the door. He was the service tech. He checked it all out and found nothing wrong, but the red light on the modem went out and so he left.

10 minutes later it went red again. He had left me his cell number so I called him and he asked how old the modem was. I said 5 years. He said that was unbelievable because that type of modem usually only lasts a year. He came back about an hour later and dropped off a brand new modem and left again.

I hooked it up and nothing. I called him back and he said it would be later this evening before he could get back up here.

Then we all went outside and started to tear the Windturd apart. Graham brought his MTD over for me to look at tomorrow.

We shoved some misc steel in the Windturd then headed for the scrap yard. We barely made it in time. I was drenched in sweat.

On the way home we stopped at the gas station and pulled up behind a newer Chevy pickup, sent Jared in to pay for gas, and waited. The guy pumped his gas and got back in his truck and sat there. I tried to be patient. About 5 minutes later Jared came out of the gas station and when he got int eh truck he said the guy was doing something but he couldn't tell what.

After a couple of minutes I finally got out and walked up and said politely, “can you pull up so I can pump my gas?”

The guy was frantically trying to turn the key and it wouldn't turn. He said he was getting ready to come back and apologize. SO I tried to get the key to trun and it wouldn't Finally I asked him to see his keyring. It had 2 ignition keys on it. I stuck the other key in and it started right up. He asked how I did it and I said magic and walked back to my truck.

Finally got gas then went stopped to pick up some hamburgers at a little grill for supper.

While I was waiting for the food Steph called and said the monster had returned to work on the internet. He unplugged the modem and plugged it back in (which I had done 30 times) and it started working. Maybe I have a different kind of magic.

So now I am in dry clothes, sitting in my recliner, munching on a double bacon cheese burger and some fried mushrooms.

• olcowhand said thank you

#1142 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 10:16 AM

now im finally caught up, i cant let this happen again it took way to long to get caught back up thats alot of reading between last night and this morning. glad to hear jared will be staying with you and sound like hes gonna learn alot from you

#1143 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 01:43 PM

now im finally caught up, i cant let this happen again it took way to long to get caught back up thats alot of reading between last night and this morning. glad to hear jared will be staying with you and sound like hes gonna learn alot from you

It just hit me when I read your post above.....I wonder if our kids learn just as much "what NOT to do" as what they learn "what TO do" from us Dads?   :bigrofl: 

• Craig., KennyP, backwoods and 2 others have said thanks

#1144 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 08:24 PM

It just hit me when I read your post above.....I wonder if our kids learn just as much "what NOT to do" as what they learn "what TO do" from us Dads?   :bigrofl: 

Big fear when you are a dad. What did I teach him that he shouldn't know?

IN other news today I did nothing.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#1145 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 08:26 PM

IN other news today I did nothing.

Sometimes that is EXACTLY what one needs to do!  :thumbs:

#1146 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,717 Thanks
  • 4,275 posts

Posted August 24, 2013 - 09:40 PM

Is there really any doubt???

• olcowhand said thank you

#1147 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,847 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted August 25, 2013 - 02:02 AM

Unfortunately, short of learning very quickly not to put your hand on top of the post when using a post-pounder, very few people seem to learn from others mistakes. That's why "history repeats itself" is so true. May all our children's mistakes be little ones.

• olcowhand and backwoods have said thanks

#1148 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 28, 2013 - 05:12 PM

Spent the last couple of days trying to cough up my lungs due to a sinus infection. Finally got some sleep last night.

Did some work on some videos of Jared tearing cars up. Somehow my Windows Movie Maker doesn't work right so I had to down load VideoPad Video editor. Seems to work pretty good.

Enjoy this one I have another one working now.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#1149 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 04:35 PM

Sweat and snot are not a good combination.

I actually got some sleep last night thanks to the good people at Makers Mark and their amazing sleeping potion.

This morning I woke up feeling like someone cemented my nose shut.

Some friends came by for a power up

CoffeeShot.jpg

Then I sat at my computer and coughed and gagged while I did some work. Once that was done I rousted Jared from his perch on the couch and we headed outside to work on some stuff.

First we worked on the wheeled trimmer that had a magically disappearing needle in the carb. The one I or4dered came in so we pit it in and reassembled the carb and put it on. It wouldn't start. After some tinkering I got the fuel to flow and then it started flowing out the bottom of the carb. I took the bowl back off and found that part of it is eaten away too. Makes me think someone ran some good old moonshine in that thing. So it got sat aside.

Steph came out to play and brought Heath out to free range. That boy is three kinds of filthy right now, but he had a ball getting into everything and chasing the dogs, cats, and chickens around the yard.

Then I taught Jared about battery chargers and we hooked up the Hemorrhoid to charge it up. There is an electrical gremlin that is coming by at night and taking all the juice out of my batteries.

With that charging we pushed Grahams little MTD over and took a look at it. He told me that he thought it was the starter. I told him it was a short. He said I was wrong so I pulled it off anyway just to humor him and to prove I was right. It was good.

Since we knew that was good we pulled the solenoid out. It was horribly rusty. I sent Jared off to the parts tractor in search of on and he came back with a brand new one. When he started to put it on Grahams tractor he told me he couldn’t figure out the wiring. I took and look and instantly saw the problem. The hot wire to the starter was melted to the ground wire to the battery. Pulled them apart and applied some electrical tape and it fired right up.

With that done. Steph and Jared started to pick up tools while I hacked and gagged my way over to the DragonFly and pushed it over beside the Hemorrhoid. Once I swapped the battery charger over I choked my way to the house where I had a sneezing fit and thought I was going to pass out in the kitchen.

Jared drove Grahams tractor over to his house and sure enough he wasn't home to have his nose rubbed in the fact that he was wrong – again.

The pizza mad drove past and got everyone wanting me to cook dinner so I did. Steph had to run to the library and will be bringing my cooking home from Papa Johns.

• Craig., KennyP, backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#1150 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 04:54 PM

Glad you got Papa John to help you with dinner! Sounds like a fun day, happy the cement didn't close the nostrils forever! You'd look rather funny with tulips growing out of your stomach!

• Craig. said thank you

#1151 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 08:42 PM

I enjoyed the video thanks for posting it. Made my midnight a little shorter. :-)
  • UncleWillie said thank you

#1152 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 29, 2013 - 10:06 PM

I enjoyed the video thanks for posting it. Made my midnight a little shorter. :-)

There are a lot more on my channel. I have on uploading now = 399 minutes left :mad2: . I really need a faster connection.

• Craig. said thank you

#1153 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 12:56 PM

Finally got it loaded

• backwoods said thank you

#1154 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted August 30, 2013 - 09:03 PM

Another midnight sped up by Uncle Willie. Thank you very much I truly enjoyed it. this is my final midnight for at least one more week.

#1155 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted August 31, 2013 - 10:39 AM

great videos of the boy trashing cars looks like he had a blast wrecking them