wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 07:23 PM

Nice easy day.

Since Jared was at his grandmothers Heath, Steph, and I spent a leisurely morning doing not much of anything.

coffeesoul.jpg

Heath and I found some off road videos to watch.

Steph went outside to do something and came back in with a tiny Earth Snake. She put it in the tank with Jared's skink.

Some time in the afternoon we hooked the little trailer up to the BlueOx, loaded the YardMachine up on it, grabbed my tractor fund change can out of the shop, and headed down to the car wash. That thing was filthy.

About $3 later and it was all clean. The change machine was broken and everyone was coming up to get change from me. I should have charged them.

With that done we made a quick stop at Autozone to get some fuel filters and then headed home.

When we loaded the YM I had noticed that even with the blades disengaged they were slowly turning. The little brake pads that stop the blades were not engaging properly. I have a couple of parts tractors but they appear to have worn out pads too. It is not a very good design. I have one more parts tractor to look at tomorrow.

While I was tinkering with it today, Graham came over and asked where Jared was. I immediately asked Steph what time it was. She said 545. I had to pick Jared up in Shelby at 615. I immediately jumped in Christine and headed out. I will look at the other tractor tomorrow.

Now Jared and I are in the office watching “Surviving the Cut”. Steph cooked pork chops for dinner. Heath is being quiet. Might be time to go look for him.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1127 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 07:32 PM

Willie, I used the pads off disc brakes for material on my MTD. Had to heat them to separate from the metal!

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#1128 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 07:35 PM

Willie, I used the pads off disc brakes for material on my MTD. Had to heat them to separate from the metal!

I have a couple of sets of old brake pads laying around if the other tractor doesn't have any. Whoever thought that system up should be shot repeatedly. Or maybe be forced to put his hand under the deck with the engine running.

• KennyP said thank you

#1129 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted August 18, 2013 - 07:38 PM

Yep! I used JB Weld to glue them on.

• Alc and Craig. have said thanks

#1130 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted August 19, 2013 - 06:13 PM

Since I woke up at 4am this morning I had plant of time to

Coffee_addict.jpg

I watched a couple of movies on Netflix while I listened to it pour rain outside. Then at 8 or so I went out to my shop and cleaned everything up.

Then I posted a bunch of stuff on Craigslist. Hopefully it will all sell soon. I still have more stuff to list but I had to come in and watch Heath.

Heath and I had a wild wrestling match while Jared and Steph went to see about getting him enrolled in school. Turns out that I have to take him to some county office tomorrow.

Rain finally let up but it is sopping wet outside.

• olcowhand and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1131 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted August 20, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Frustrating but good day.

We got up this morning and spilled a little bit of coffee on one of the kittens.

caffine.jpg

Then we all loaded up in the BlueOx to head to Gastonia to get Jared registered for school.

Steph needed to go to Sams so we dropped her off and then headed over to the school board office.

They told Steph yesterday that I need to bring my ID and 2 pieces of mail that had my name and address on them. After a 2 hour wait a very uppity woman came in and informed everyone in the room that the two pieces of mail had to be a utility bill, bank statement, cable bill, phone bill, or lease statement. I have none of those thing. She was on a power trip and would not listen to any of us even though we all said that the schools had told us any 2 pieces of mail. I was a bit cheesed and the cop in the room was giving me the stink eye so we left. Along with about 20 other people.

I immediately called the school board and found out what I could bring so I get to go back down tomorrow.

Then we went by Sams and picked up Steph and Heath and headed home.

A quick change to work clothes and we got to work on the tractors.

The parts tractor had good blade brakes on it but they did not reach the spindles. SO I had to re-bend them to make them work.

2013-08-20_16-36-28_452.jpg

After a couple of test fits and adjustments they work perfect.

2013-08-20_16-46-29_477.jpg

Then the YM got a bath and was parked under the tree out front.

2013-08-20_19-12-25_996.jpg

Since I have 4 MTD parts machines now we decided to drag the TroyBilt out of the weeds that have grown up around it and took a look at it.

The guy I got it from said he couldn’t get the deck to engage. It took me a minute to figure it out. The spring that keeps the deck pulled to the rear was missing. Since the TroyBilt is newer than the rest of the parts tractors the springs off the parts tractor were a bit shorter.

Steph looked around and found an old trampoline spring that worked perfect. SO with that fixed she got a quick wash and then for the first time since I have had it I put the bagger on it and then put it beside the YM.

2013-08-20_19-13-29_783.jpg

After putting a big chain around both axles and the tree, padlocked them, and came in a pulled off my soaking wet sweat drenched clothes.

Now I have a couple of videos posting to YouTube so I can attach them to the CL ads. Hoppefully they will sell fast.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, August 20, 2013 - 07:38 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#1132 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 02:20 AM

Videos loaded finally lets see if this works on my phone

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1133 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 02:22 AM

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1134 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 05:41 AM

You can always have your ad say you'll take an FF in trade!

#1135 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 08:56 AM

Did you say you would trade me for the FF?

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#1136 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 05:39 PM

You can always have your ad say you'll take an FF in trade!

This is what I said!

Did you say you would trade me for the FF?

This is what you wish!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#1137 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted August 21, 2013 - 07:17 PM

Busy and profitable day.

After not much sleep last night I got up and went to the kitchen to fill my

ifart.jpg

Then I got Heath out of bed and let him run around while Steph and Jared slept in.

I was expecting someone to come look at the TroyBilt tractor this morning so I played online and waited for him to call. At around noon I got a call from another buy to look at the YM. In about 30 minutes a nice BMW pulled int eh driveway and I went out to meet him.

It took him all of 5 minutes to decide he wanted it, but had to come back in his truck. I told him he co9uld leave a deposit and it could wait here. He said he wouldn't be able to come get it toll tomorrow. I needed some cash today so I told him I could bring it by since he lived close by.

With arrangements made for that I headed in and took a shower so I could take Jared down to get his school stuff straightened out. As soon as I got out of the shower I got a call from the other guy. He ran into a problem. I told him I had to go to Gastonia and he said he would meet me if I brought the TB with me.

Jared and I quickly loaded it up on the trailer and then headed out to get him registered.

With that done we headed over to Arby's to wait for a phone call from the guy.

He called and we agreed to meet at Lowe's.

He drove it around the parking lot and then talked me down from $400 to $390. It was funny but he was trying so hard I had to give him something. He didn't bring any ramps so we had to pick it up to put it in his truck.

We headed home and I waited for another phone call from the guy who bought the YM to get his address He finally called after Steph had left for her class so it was just we three fellers who drove up to deliver it.

As soon as I asked Heath if he wanted to go for a ride he ran to the front door and started beating on it. He loves to ride.

A short drive and we got to the guys house where we unloaded the YM and then had to lift it on to his pickup truck. I have to remember to bring the ramps from now on.

So with an extra fist full fo dollars we headed to a gas station that has a guy that sells BBQ int eh parking lot and $22 later we were headed home with enough cow, buns, slaw, and baked beans to feed an army – or at least 3 hungry guys with lots left over.

On the way home I got a call from a friend who wanted to sell me his Ford Windstar. The rebuilt transmission is going bad again. He liked my price and he is bringing it to me. Not often the job comes to the house.

SO now we guys are all full and content.

Heath spent almost an hour picking up these 2 quarters and a nickle and putting them in my hand over and over again.

Heathcoin.jpg

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#1138 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 11:16 PM

No internet. I am using my phone now. Service tech coming out tomorrow.

#1139 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 06:07 AM

Hope it's a simple issue on the internet! Mine was once they got the right person out to fix where they had cut my line!

#1140 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted August 23, 2013 - 05:29 PM

Yeaaaaaaaaah We have internet again, but not without difficulty.

Yesterday we woke up to on working internet. It is a good thing that we had a car for Jared to destroy or the poor kid would not have survived.

After my morning

I spent a hour on the phone with AT&T to no avail. They scheduled an appointment for Friday morning for a service tech to come out.

I went out to supervise his destruction. Since he didn't appear to be tearing the Windstar up fast enough I hopped on the Hemorrhoid and dragged a 10 foot long telephone pole in the middle of the field then took my trailer ramps and propped them up on it to make him a little ramp. He had a ball jumping over it.

After a few jumps he decided to drive it down the embankment and he hit a tree. The BlueOx was called upon to extract it.

If the phone and the computer can play nice for a while I will post a video.

At dark he had completely destroyed it and couldn’t get it to start again.

Then he was extremely bored the rest of the night because he couldn’t play online.

Then this morning in the middle of my

This guy who looked like he was kin to the Incredible Hulk knocked on the door. He was the service tech. He checked it all out and found nothing wrong, but the red light on the modem went out and so he left.

10 minutes later it went red again. He had left me his cell number so I called him and he asked how old the modem was. I said 5 years. He said that was unbelievable because that type of modem usually only lasts a year. He came back about an hour later and dropped off a brand new modem and left again.

I hooked it up and nothing. I called him back and he said it would be later this evening before he could get back up here.

Then we all went outside and started to tear the Windturd apart. Graham brought his MTD over for me to look at tomorrow.

We shoved some misc steel in the Windturd then headed for the scrap yard. We barely made it in time. I was drenched in sweat.

On the way home we stopped at the gas station and pulled up behind a newer Chevy pickup, sent Jared in to pay for gas, and waited. The guy pumped his gas and got back in his truck and sat there. I tried to be patient. About 5 minutes later Jared came out of the gas station and when he got int eh truck he said the guy was doing something but he couldn't tell what.

After a couple of minutes I finally got out and walked up and said politely, “can you pull up so I can pump my gas?”

The guy was frantically trying to turn the key and it wouldn't turn. He said he was getting ready to come back and apologize. SO I tried to get the key to trun and it wouldn't Finally I asked him to see his keyring. It had 2 ignition keys on it. I stuck the other key in and it started right up. He asked how I did it and I said magic and walked back to my truck.

Finally got gas then went stopped to pick up some hamburgers at a little grill for supper.

While I was waiting for the food Steph called and said the monster had returned to work on the internet. He unplugged the modem and plugged it back in (which I had done 30 times) and it started working. Maybe I have a different kind of magic.

So now I am in dry clothes, sitting in my recliner, munching on a double bacon cheese burger and some fried mushrooms.

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks