wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 07:19 PM

You forget Willie is related to King Kong

I forgot to expand on my sarcastic remark LOL.

I push them up as far as I can then lift the rear ends and manhandle them into place. Being 6'3" helps. The guy I got them from yesterday was a short guy - about 5'5" he couldn't get the rear up high enough. I told him to put it down and let me get it. He said he didn't ever want to make me mad.

• HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1112 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted August 12, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Yea I guess being 6'3 would help.  I'm about 5' 10" and shrinking.  Years ago after I retired from the Navy I worked on punch out crew, with a buddy of mine who was 6' 4".  We worked for a property management company that managed apartments.  inevitability we would forget to replace a globe on a light and he would have to go in and put it on since he didn't need a ladder.

#1113 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 06:55 PM

And the heat continues.

This morning I was hurting a bit so I took my time getting up and heading for

Then Jared and I got ot watching some videos on youtube. When we got to monster truck Heath got very interested and came and joined us.

About noon I dragged my carcass outside and Jared and I hopped in the BlueOx to go look for a fuel line grommet for the Homelite chainsaw I was working on. No one had one.

Back at the house I put a thin film of Permatex Ultra Black on the outside of the old grommet and then carefully got it in place on the saw. Then I spent about 15 minutes trying to thread the fuel line back in. I didn't want to use any kind of lubricant on it because I planned to seal the grommet to the line with more Permatex.

When I finally got it all threaded thru and sealed up I let it sit a while to set up while I worked on my Craftsman Chainsaw. Cleaned the plug and the air filter when a neighbor (who's name I can never remember) came by. We talked for a while and then he saw the DR brush trimmer I had and wanted to buy it. He made an offer and I accepted. He will pay me Friday. It needs some work and to tell you the truth I forgot I even had it. Another guy owned me some money and dropped it off as payment. I have never touched it.

Then I decided to fire up the Homelite and it started instantly. I had Steph come out and back Christine under the tree I was working on yesterday and then I climbed in the bed and finished trimming the tree. Looks a million times better. I can actually stand under it now.

Jared came out and helped us load the limbs into the trailer that was hooked to the Hemorrhoid and then we took it across the street to Graham. He is going to burn them in his stove this winter.

Finally got to working on my Poulan wheeled trimmer. Haven’t had it running this year.

I tinkered with it for a while and couldn't get it to start. I pulled the carb off and opened the bowl and to my surprise it had no needle in it. It was running last year. I have no idea where it went. I know it didn't fall out or it would have been on the workbench.

So I called it a day and came in to peel off my drenched clothes and take a shower.

Steph cooked eggs and sausage for supper while I looked for a needle. Found one on Ebay for a whopping $3.99.

Jared is playing on my computer in the office and heath is climbing on everything like a monkey.

• Craig., HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1114 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted August 13, 2013 - 07:05 PM

Glad you made some progress today!

#1115 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 08:24 PM

Up up and away.....

For the first time in my life that I can ever remember we slept with the windows open in August. It was nice. And it made my wallet happy.

When I got up I had a text message from AT&T that I had used 65% of my bandwidth for the month. SO while I had my

onecup.jpg

I was on the phone with them. We have had a land line with them because it was a bundle deal with the DSL line. I told them to disconnect the land line and see about increasing my bandwidth. They don't have anything higher available where we are. I told them I was going to find another provider. They lowered my bill for 12 months. So that made my wallet happy too.

When we went outside I hopped on the little Yard Machine to see how it worked. I have no idea how Graham mowed his yard with it because it wouldn't steer. The gear was worn slap out. So I parked it and hopped in Christine.

Then Jared and I took a drive to Charlotte to sell my radiators and catalytic converters. That made my wallet really happy.

While we were up there I decided we needed some time to talk so we went to a gas station that has good hotdogs and pizza. I got two sausage dogs and a cup of coffee. Jared got deluxe pizza and a large coke. Both drinks got spilled in Christine before we got out of the parking lot.

With fresh drinks we went to the airport overlook and watched planes take off for about an hour.

Ont eh way homke we made a quick stop at the pet shop to get crickets for Jared's skink.

Finally we got back home, after taking back roads to avoid traffic on the interstate, and we got to work on the tractors.

Jared's LT1000 had no brakes and the blades stopped engaging. The blades took me a while to figure out. At some point someone had changed it to a cable instead of the lever mechanism. However they left the most of the parts for the lever and added a bunch of springs. I figured out how to fix it but didn't have the proper size swaging tool for the tiny cable so that can wait. The brakes were way out of adjustment. Now he can stop when he drives it.

We changed out the steering shaft on the Yard machine with the one off the parts tractor, but it was getting dark before we got to changing the spindles over so we called it a night.

A friend came by with a bunch of different tires and scrap metal. He needed some cash and it really wasn't worth $10 but I gave him 30. While he was here Heath managed to get his diaper off and was running around the yard buck naked. He thought it was terrific.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, August 16, 2013 - 12:50 AM.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1116 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted August 15, 2013 - 08:41 PM

Big business can do some funny things.  Earlier this year, I was looking to economize on my phone and DSL bundle.  The phone was local calls only, and due to a quirk in the billing, some phone numbers in my local area code were considered long distance and I had to pay for them.  So when I called to find out about changing some features to reduce my bill, the woman says something along the lines of " Well, you would have to drop back from 10 Mbps to 5 Mbps.  I pointed out that I was currently only at 5 Mbps.  Next thing I know, she's telling me I can double my DSL speed, change my phone to unrestricted nationwide calling, and STILL save $20 per month.  Made my wallet happy, but boy does it confirm my cynicism about big business.

#1117 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 03:26 AM

Big business charges what they do because they can.

#1118 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 09:16 PM

Friday has finally come.

After getting to sleep at around 5am my alarm went off at 9 and it was pouring down rain so I rolled over and went back to sleep.

Not sure what time I finally woke up, but Heath was in his bed hollering to be set free so I changed his diaper and turned him loose.

Then I went back to the kitchen.

drink-coffee-do-stupid-things-faster.jpg

I sat at my desk for a while and played online and finally the rain let up.

So Jared and I went out to work on tractors while Steph and Heath left to go grocery shopping.

We got the front end of the Yard Machine back together then Steph came home and Jared took Heath for a tractor ride while I fixed the broken hood on the YM.

Then I took it for a drive. It was great until I started to turn and I had no steering. The wheel just went round and round. The tires went straight.

IT took me a couple of tries to figure out what the problem was. The steering shaft had about ¼ inch of play in it which was just enough to let it come above the steering gear. Made life exciting.

Once I finally got that figured out and drove it all over the yard I parked it and Steph told us that we were going to Grahams for dinner.

I ran in and took a shower then we all went across the street for hamburgers.

My back was a bit sore from finding one of the holes Carmel dug while I was testing the tractor out so I had to leave early to come home and sit on my massaging cushion. Feeling much better now.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, August 17, 2013 - 01:00 AM.

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1119 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 05:36 AM

Glad you got the YM figured out. I let myself run out of coffee, so a trip to the store is needed badly!

#1120 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 09:10 AM

Glad you got the YM figured out. I let myself run out of coffee, so a trip to the store is needed badly!

That's like the world is coming to the end!  How did you get through the day???  Gotta have my coffee in the morning.

• KennyP said thank you

#1121 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 01:10 PM

RUN don't walk to the store. Might want to rattle a few doorknobs on the way to see if you can borrow a cup of joe.

• KennyP said thank you

#1122 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 01:26 PM

RUN don't walk to the store. Might want to rattle a few doorknobs on the way to see if you can borrow a cup of joe.

Remember, he said he's not had coffee.....his legs are likely rubber!

• Craig., KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#1123 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 06:02 PM

That's like the world is coming to the end!  How did you get through the day???  Gotta have my coffee in the morning.

OkieGt came thru. Got a cup down me and the withdrawal went away!

Who knows might have happened! I might have sold the FF to Willie for a cup!

#1124 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 06:07 PM

If you had a cup of my joe you would have just signed over everything you owned.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#1125 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 06:31 PM

Could have used one this morning! Got the can opened, ready for morning!