UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 11:03 PM

What are you giving for the Dodge Decrepids? I have one that I will garentree that will make the trip from TX to NC for $1200.

I have had this on craigs list here, and the 2 bites I got are looking for high gas milage.

http://waco.craigsli...3920242739.html

I paid $300 for this one for scrap

• larrybl said thank you

#1067 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm trying to get a little more than that, but I'll let you know when I give up. I guess it would cost twice that in gas to come get it. :wallbanging:

#1068 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'm trying to get a little more than that, but I'll let you know when I give up. I guess it would cost twice that in gas to come get it. :wallbanging:

Probably more than that.

#1069 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted July 26, 2013 - 09:24 PM

Not a bad day. All my boys were outside playing.

IT took us a while to get moving since I couldn't bend this morning. It is getting better though. SO I staggered into the kitchen and...

strong coffee.jpg

Then we finally got outside and drained the gas out of the Decrepit, loaded all the misc tires up on Christine, and the batteries up on the little trailer.

Graham, My adoped son, came over to borrow the Hemorrhoid to mow his yard.

By the time all that was done the scrap yard was closed so Jared and I took Christine up to the battery guy and sold the batteries and got him a new battery for his tractor. Then we stopped at Cookout for a couple of corn dogs.

While we waited for the corn dogs Jared reminded me that the deck on the Hemorrhoid would not engage and wondered if Graham had any problems. I told him we would see when we got home.

Back at the house my buddy Jeff was just pulling out of the driveway after feeding his pups and we sat in the road and talked for a bit. Then he asked if I had a tire and rim for his trailer and I told him to come look.

When I pulled in the driveway I saw the Hemorrhoid and noticed that Grahams yard was still uncut.

Once we got out of the truck we looked around for a minute and found Jeff a tire then talked for a while.

I took a look at the Hemorrhoid and found that the bath yesterday had unplugged the PTO clutch. 5 Seconds later and it was fixed. Took longer to drop the bumper and open the hood.

Jared wanted a better seat on his tractor and I told him to look around and find one. He settled on the one off the Noma tractor and I told him to get it off. He asked how and I said with tools. He said I don't know how to do it. I told him to figure it out. He did.

Graham came back over to get the Hemorrhoid. I told him that in order to borrow it he had to take all the tires out of the truck and pout them on the small trailer. So he did.

Once Jeff left I got busy mounting the seat on Jared’s tractor while he looked through all my tires for a good set of backs for his. He found a set still mounted on a transaxle that I haven’t gotten around to taking apart yet. He and Steph worked at beating them off the rims while I drilled new holes for the seat.

Graham came back with the tractor and brought his trimmer and trimmed the yard while Jared and I continued on the tractor.

Finally we had the wheels and seat on and Graham finished trimming then Steph ordered us all in for supper.

A good hot bowl of chili really hit the spot.

Graham went home and then Heath took over the couch for a driving test.

That poor truck has been through me, my brother, Jared, and now Heath. 4 White boys is hard on a toy.

2013-07-26_20-46-04_195.jpg

• olcowhand, KennyP, backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#1070 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 06:16 PM

Tough day and not because of the work.

Last night I could not get to sleep. Jared and I watched Rockford files till about 2am then I was still wide awake. IT was around 6 when I finally managed to doze off. I never heard the alarm clock at 7am. At 9 I woke up and staggered blindly around the house trying to find the kitchen while Steph had mercy on me

coffeeiv.jpg

Then Jared and I got up and went off to the scrap yard to get rid of the Decrepit.

The reason for all this earliness was that we were supposed to pick up a Dodge Durango at 10am. The woman never sent me her address and did not answer the phone when I called so I could have slept another hour.

Oh well. With our fist-full of dinero we headed to the tire shop to drop off the 4 tires we took off the Decrepit. Steph had taken Christine down already and pulled the trailer full of tires. I added the four we had to the trailer and headed home where I tried to call the lady a couple of more times.

Then it rained. Not a nice little shower but a rip raging hellacious downpour that took out streets and bridges about 4 miles away from here.

When that finally let up we all 4 loaded up int eh BlueOx to go to TSC where they were supposed to be having a huge tent sale.

We got there and found a tiny 10x10 popup canopy on the sidewalk with a rack of t-shirts and a couple of 5 gallon coolers under it. Needless to say we were disappointed.

So we went inside and got the stuff we needed for Jareds tractor, Heath got a truck, Steph got a shirt. I grabbed another horse whip (doggie instruction tool) to replace the one that LittleFox ate. Then we headed out.

A quick stop at the grocery store and a run by the ABC store for sleeping medicine and we headed back home.

Jared and I played games on the computer until Steph came in and told us it was 430 and we had to leave and go to the tire shop and get the trailer.

5 minutes later and we pulled into the shop and hooked up to a trailer full of empty rims. We spent some time poking around the tire racks and talking to the Taney the tire guy and then came home.

I am working on my third pot of mud just to stay awake enough to make it to bed time. If I go to bed now I will be up in 2 hours and wide awake till tomorrow.

Pork chops are on the stove. Things are starting it smell good.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#1071 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 12:16 AM

Didn't do a darn thing today.

Sat on my butt and watched TV and played on the computer. I haven't even checked the voice mail from whoever called at 6am.

Jared managed to drop a nearly a full crock pot of chili on h is foot putting it back in the fridge. Waiting to see if it will eat a hole in the floor.

Two of the kittens left today. Only 7 more to go.

• Craig. and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#1072 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,856 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted July 29, 2013 - 01:22 AM

Everyone needs a day off now and then, hope you enjoyed yours.

#1073 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Lots of miles put on the hat today.

After a slow day yesterday of just tinkering in the yard and posting some stuff for sale online I hit the ground running this morning. Literally.

The alarm went off bright and early and I thought about telling it that its parents were not married, but I had things to do. So out of bed and into work clothes then tiptoed into the kitchen

strong-coffee-bean-25579644.jpg

Then my thermos and I headed out the door leaving everyone else alseep.

Christine and I headed up to Charlotte to sell my catalytic converters to get enough money to buy a full size Ford for scrap since the guy I sell my aluminum to was out of town. I have a nice pile of aluminum ready for him, but I needed money today not tomorrow.

One cigar and a half a thermos later and I pulled into the shop and spent some time poking aroudn all the cool cars there then collected my check and headed out.

As I was about 3 miles away from the shop I got a call from my wife. I forgot to pay the power bill with all the other stuff going on here. The guy said he would give us till 1:05 to pay it so I went into hyperdrive and got home. By the time I got there Jared and Steph had the BlueOx hooked up to the tow dolly and ready to go.

After a high speed run to Sawmills, NC we wrestled the E150 into submission and strapped it down. Threw a handfull of cash at the woman and headed back south as fast as was safe with a 7000 pound van in tow.

Got to the scrap yard, unloaded and left with my cash. I hated to leave that catalytic converter and the gas in the van but time was of the essence as it was 1245 when I got to the yard.

There was a loud blue streak that ran from the scrap yard to the power company where I paid my bill with about 45 seconds to spare.

Finally got back home and Jared, Steph and I got to taking hard drives apart to get eh aluminum cases to take to the smelter tomorrow with the rest of the load. I bought about 150 drives from a computer company for $50 a while back and have been slowly taking them apart since.

One of the drives fought back and sliced my lift thumb open. I am getting to where I don't feel right without a gash in my left thumb.

Then the text messages started. A guy wanted me to buy a tractor frame and a metal desk for $100. I told him no and he started telling me he would throw in a compound bow (I have 2 on Craigslist right now trying to get rid of them) a cheap paint ball gun and some other junk. The failed to get me excited enough to stop taking the drives apart.

Then I got a text from one of my regulars that had a pile of scrap and wanted me to come today. SO we hopped in Christine and headed up to his house. He had a bunch of steel mesh stuff, some aluminum curtain rods, an electric mart cart (electric walmart wheelchair), and a small trailer. I left the cart and the trailer for tomorrow.

Then Jared and I headed to Walmart to get some super glue for my thumb and some more gauze bandages. While we were there I got a call from Steph. Carmel was running ar full speed and LittleFox ran in from of her. She thought his leg was broken.

Jared called his mom to see if she would help pay for the vet bill and that started a while pile of crap that I will be shoveling for a long time.

We got home and I think the leg is dislocated. He doesn't seem to be in pain so he can wait till tomorrow morning when our vet opens rather than go to the emergency vet and pay 4 times as much.

So now I am back to taking stuff apart in my office. LittleFox is full of baby aspirin and is passed out on a pillow. Heath is throwing pots and pans around the kitchen while Steph laughs at him and Jared is wrestling with taking curtain rods apart. Everyone is busy.

• olcowhand, Craig., HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#1074 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted July 31, 2013 - 05:05 PM

Up in the morning and off to work – the boss is impatient he is really a jerk.

I slept for a whole 4 hours and then my phone rang. I pushed ignore and tried to go back to sleep. It didn't work. I laid for about 20 minutes and listened to the pouring rain.

So I finally dragged myself out of bed and made some

deadcpffee.jpg

While I was doing that I got a text from the guy I sell my aluminum to. He asked if I had $40 which was odd. I told him I did and he asked if I could stop and get him a carton of cigarettes because his truck was broke. After telling him that was what he got for buying a Dodge I told him I would get them and then I poured my coffee in the thermos and waited for the rain to slack up.

Since his smelter is about 300 feet off the road in the mud I knew that Christine wasn't going to be a smart choice in vehicles so we went out and switched the trailer full of aluminum to the BlueOx tossed the box of hard drive cases and the 11 foot long aluminum U-Haul ramp on the trailer and then Heath and I headed out. Hared and Steph took LittleFox to the vet.

A quick stop for gas and smokes and I was off. I am glad I changed trucks because Christine would not have made it down his road let alone down the dirt path to the smelter.

As soon as I got there he asked if I was selling him the ramp. I said I was and he said it wasn't going to get melted. Then he told me I got the wrong kind of cigarettes. I know nothing of cancer sticks. I told the cashier exactly what he told me and that is what I got. I told him I would swap them when we got unloaded.

He gave me a hand-full of cash and then I went and swapped out the carton of cancer for the right ones and took them back to him.

On the way home Heath and I stopped by the guys house I got the scrap from yesterday and got the little electric shopping cart and the tiny trailer.

2013-07-31_17-34-19_437.jpg

I think that seat may wind up on a tractor.

I stopped and tooka closer look at the park that flooded.

That tennis court is about 20 feet above the water usually. It was under 4 feet of water.

2013-07-31_12-11-39_476.jpg 2013-07-31_12-11-57_952.jpg

Then we ordered a pizza.

Of course PapaJohns messed up and put it down as pickup and not delivery. Steph finally went and got it. Shame too I always give a nice tip.

Then the vet called and said the dog was ready to go so Jared and I hopped in the BlueOx and drove over and got him. He broke the end of his tibia and dislocated his ankle. He had a little blue bandanna on his neck to match his blue cast.

Then I took Jared back to his grandmothers.

On the way there we passed an old guy who got stuck in his own driveway. He pulled in and slid in the gravel and nearly hit a tree. With the rain washing out his drive he couldn't get traction to back up. When I asked if he needed a tug he got out of the truck and it slid down against the tree. Didn't hurt it. I pulled him out and we went on our way.

Dropped Jared off and headed home. The old guy was out there trying to fill in the hole in his driveway.

Got home just in time for it to start raining again. Wonder what will flood now.

• olcowhand, Craig., HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#1075 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 10:04 AM

The hat is still alive

Rest assured a minor technical glitch kept me from posting. My keyboard died. I tried yelling and screaming but the computer didn't seem to understand. So don't worry that I floated away.

SO what have I done. Well not much. I bought a new keyboard. Went to Lowes and got a board (Heath helped)

2013-08-01_18-45-29_666.jpg

I put up a shelf in my office. And I

Cartoon_of_an_Office_Worker_Drinking_Too_Much_Coffee_clipart_image-771907.jpg

IN good news. Jared will be coming to stay with me on a more or less permanent basis. SO this week I get to get him enrolled in school, buy him clothes, and attempt to find cash to feed him. I am taking donations, maybe someone can send half a cow a week. Man can that boy eat.

And speaking of my office I am soon to loose it, at least the one in the house. This will become Heaths bedroom. Jared will get Heaths bedroom so he has some kind of privacy. And I will be remodeling the camper that we no longer use so I have an office. It will give me some privacy too. Should be a great place to take naps.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#1076 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 10:18 AM

That's great news that you will have both your sons with you.  Seems you all get along pretty good.  As you know, there will be "those" times, but it's all part of it, and worth the effort on both your parts.    Sounds like the scrap business may be expanding!

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1077 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,702 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 10:24 AM

I thought he was just visiting his grandmother for the summer, guess things changed.  I'm really glad to hear you will have your son on a more permanent basis and you will now be able to really bond with him.  :thumbs:

PS: School is a lot different then when you went Willie, you had better bone up on Math and English so you can help him.  :rolling:

#1078 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 10:31 AM

That's great news that you will have both your sons with you.  Seems you all get along pretty good.  As you know, there will be "those" times, but it's all part of it, and worth the effort on both your parts.    Sounds like the scrap business may be expanding!

Good to hear.

May need to update the title: "... new hat and sons"?  :wave:

#1079 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 06:31 PM

OH what fun it is to ride.

We drove up to get Jared from his grandmothers then came home to do nothing.

That didn't last long.

I got a call from a gal about a car and Jared and I rode up to get it. It is a 94 Buick Celebrity with no reverse. When it started up Jared’s eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

We got it home and immediately he took it off the tow dolly and started driving it around the field. Then I got in and showed him how to do parking brake turns. In the process of learning he drove into a stack of combine tires, an old hay wagon, a thicket of black berrys, and a telephone pole that was laying in the tall grass. Then he got the hang of it.

After about 20 minutes of that I showed him the overgrown path down the fence line. On the first pass he got hung up on a limb. Since we were about 100 yards in a thicket of thorns and poison ivy there was no way I was getting out to get the truck. I told him to crawl in the back seat and I slid over in the drivers seat. After about 5 minutes I managed to force it off branch and we got moving again.

Then I got out of the car and let him have at it till Steph said supper was ready.

I am the worlds greatest father right now.

• olcowhand, Craig., drbish and 5 others have said thanks

#1080 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted August 02, 2013 - 08:08 PM

I am the worlds greatest father right now.

Yes Sir, you are!

• oldedeeres said thank you