wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 09:04 PM

Ohh did I ever mess up today.

Since Steph is in class all this week Heath and I are in charge of the house. While I was pouring down coffee I noticed how grungy my spare contact cases were so I decided to boil them while Heath was taking a nap.

SO I went in the kitchen with them and put them in a pot of water on the stove to boil. Then I came back in the office where I got interested in a movie.

Next thing I knew the smoke alarms were going off. I turned an looked in the hall and the house was full of thick white smoke. I ran to the kitchen to find an empty pot with ashes in the bottom in the shape of the cases.

While I was scurrying around opening windows I heard Heath laughing. He thought the smoke and alarms was funny.

Even after I got the smoke cleared out the smell remains. Everyone who has come int eh house has commented on the stink.

Since the ceiling fan was on in the office the smell and smoke didn't come in.

After that I went to Wal-mart to get a gift for someone and went by the gun counter to see if they had any .38 ammo. They didn't.

While I was talking ot the two employees some genius walked up and asked if they had assault rifle ammo. It was all we could do to keep straight faces while the guy behind the counter told him they only had .45 and .40 ammo.

When he walked away we had a good laugh.

I came back to the smelly house and waited for Jared to call to come pick him up. He had been working with his Uncle all day.

SO I drove up in Christine to get him.

On the way back I remembered that Steph told me one of the wiper blades had flown off the truck so we stopped at AutoZone to get some. When I started to put them on I found that the pin the blade mounts to had broken off.

Once we got home we pulled on off another truck and put it on so she can use the wipers if it rains while she is driving tomorrow.

Now I am in the office watching Jared Play Command and Conquer.

House still stinks.

• olcowhand, HDWildBill, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#962 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 07:26 PM

Another good day.

When Heath woke up this morning I ws so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open so Jared said he would keep an eye on him for a little while so I could get a little more sleep.

Turns out that his idea of keeping an eye on his little brother is different from mine. I woke up to find that Heath had got into the pantry and found a can of Coco. I woke up to a little brown baby. It was pretty funny.

After scrubbing him down we spent a couple hours goofing off. Heat went down for his morning nap and I made breakfast burritos. Then Jared and I watched Captain America.

When Heath woke up we all went outside. I pulled the Hemorrhoid up on the ramos on the tailgate of the 4wd S10 and then Jared pulled the blades off it. Surprisingly they looked fairly good. I sharpened them and he put them back on.

With that done we hooked the little trailer up to the BlueOx and took the Hemorrhoid to a friends shop to cut the grass.

I let Jared mow while Heath and I ran around the ballpark behind the shop. He got a little upset when I told him to not mow one area. After he finished it I got on the tractor and mowed that one spot and then showed him what I didn't want him mowing around. At some point evidently a Semi got stuck in the corner of the lot and dug some nice tranches that I nearly turned the tractor over in last time I mowed. Once he saw them he understood.

We got home shortly after Stephanie came in so she took Heath and Jared and I took the BlueOx down in the field for a driving lesson. IT took him a little while to learn that the gas pedal doesn't belong on the floor, but he eventually got it. I may have whiplash though.

He said his mother had been teaching him and she didn't tell him anything that I did. After about an hour I had him backing up between the burn pile and the old hay wagon. He did a great job.

After supper he worked on fixing the pantry door that has been messed up for a while. He was getting frustrated so I went in a helped him. He didn't think I knew how to fix it. I suppose since he lives in a house full of women he has to be the one that fixes everything.

We did have a conversation today that he needs to man up a bit. I told him that since he has been raised by women he needs to learn to be a bit tougher. He said I was right. I told him I had all summer to toughen him up.

Right now he is giving Heath a ride around the yard on the tractor. Heath thinks he is the greatest thing on earth.

• olcowhand, HDWildBill, backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#963 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted June 20, 2013 - 08:27 PM

It's so great that Jared is spending time with you guys.  It will help him grow up so much better, and stronger mentally by renewing his relationship with all of you.  Might even help you grow up more Willie!   :smilewink:   Naw, too late for you, but it can't be anything but good for all of ya's!  :thumbs:

• Craig. said thank you

#964 Earl OFFLINE  

Earl
  • Member No: 34405
  • 76 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 06:34 AM

Right now he is giving Heath a ride around the yard on the tractor. Heath thinks he is the greatest thing on earth.

Man, that is awesome! I'm glad every thing is going good so far for y'all. A piece of advice from me to you, if you don't mind, is brag on all the stuff Jared is doing right as much as you help correct him. My Dad and brother fought a rift for years because Dad couldn't relate to him and all Nate picked up on was the negative. It is so much better now but Nate still has some issues with it. I try extremely hard with my girls to keep them corrected but also make big deals out of the stuff they do right so they don't think I'm always putting them down. Just a little advice from my experiences so far with my family and fatherhood.

From what I've seen you do a wonderful job with Heath and seem to do great with Jared. Just keep in mind that he is probably looking for a whole lot of acceptance and guidance from his old man. I know my brother and I both were.
  • Alc, backwoods and oldedeeres have said thanks

#965 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 10:24 AM

Trust me I have been bragging on him. I did get tickled the other day. I told him something just picking on him while we were goofing off and he turned and said, " hey way to boost my self esteem, dad." I told him that my job wasn't to make him feel good but it was to make a man out of him. He looked at me like I lost my mind then he had time to think about what I said and told me I was right.

Today he gets to go to work with me since this is the first job I have had come in all week. Should be fun.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#966 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 09:08 PM

And now the heat begins in earnest.

Got up this morning and made my pot of coffee and started another day.

It took me a little while to get in gear and get going. Jared is slowly wearing me down.

We finally got out and loaded all the radiators I had on the tow dolly and hooked it to the BlueOx, tossed the catalytic converters in the back of the trucka nd headed off to Charlotte.

After we sold the radiators we headed to my cat guy and sold them and headed back to Gaston County with a pocket full of dollars to pick up a car.

On the way there we got behind a truck on Highway 16 that had a guy in the bed. The guy was sitting up on the toolbox and acting like a fool at 70 MPH. Then he jumped up on the roof of the truck and started talking to the driver through the window. Guy had to be on drugs. I quickly passed them so if he fell out it wouldn't be me that ran over him.

Then we made our way down a few more back roads and arrived at a huge new house to find this super sexy little car waiting for us.

bomber.jpg

After getting it up on the tow dolly we headed home.

At home we dropped the car off and collected Stephanie and headed down to a friends house to look at her car. She gave me a very sketchy explanation of what the car was doing then I drove it around the neighborhood and back to her house. I never messed up. So Jared and I took it to go down to the parts house to get a fuel filter to see if that was the problem.

Then the problem reared its head. Car started bogging down. I pulled into an Ingles parking lot and it died completely. I pulled the engine cover off and found coolant running out of the intake manifold. Pulled the radiator cap off and it was bone dry.

Car will not even turn over again so I called Steph to bring the tow dolly and the BlueOx. So once again the BlackBeast is in my back yard. I am fairly certain that the engine is FUBAR. Tomorrow I will take a closer look and find out.

Once we got home Jared and I got the little Cavalier started and man did it smoke like a house on fire. It ran for about 45 seconds and then seized up. So we pulled it apart and put it back on the tow dolly to go to scrap tomorrow.

• olcowhand, HDWildBill, backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#967 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 07:35 PM

Today Jared got a little taste of work.

We had to get an early start to get the junk car finished up and off to the scrap yard so he was a bit groggy for the first part of the day. I however had super strength coffee to get me through.

Once we got through the scrap yard I got a phone call from a guy to come pick up a Saturn. So we wound out way down some back roads to Clover SC to snag it.

No trouble with getting it loaded and back home.

Once we got here we came in the house to sit for a while and relax. Both of us fell asleep.

When we finally woke up Steph came in the living room and was rushing to go outside. I asked her what was wrong and she said the dogs were loose again.

The dog pen is made up of several dog pens. It is about 40x20 and had three panels with gates in them. Only problem with that is that the dogs managed to tear up one of the gates that were wired shut. SO instead of fooling with trying to fix it Jared and I just pulled the gate panel out and put another panel in that I had picked up after we built the pen.

He wanted to drive the tractor to get a tool so I told him to go ahead. Sure enough the Hemorrhoid lived up to her name. For whatever reason it refused to start. It had fuel, filter was clear. And for whatever reason it wouldn’t even start on starting fluid (yes I know don't tell me). Finally I forced fuel through the fuel line that hooks to the fuel pump using a bottle with a nipple on it. It started. I think I ma going to have to rebuild that pump soon.

The ratchet took him a little bit to figure out, but he did get it.

Once that was replaced we went over to look at my friends car. Pulled the plugs and found that the cracked intake manifold filled the engine up with water. It was hydro-locked. Did a compression test and found 2 cyls at 90 PSI, one at 95, one at 100, two at 125, and one at 165. Normal it should be 170-190. SO the engine needs lots of work to run again.

I made a call to my biddy and gave him the bad news. Car had 200K on it I think it may be time to replace it. If he decided to get another vehicle I will have a Bonneville that needs work.

• olcowhand, HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#968 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 05:20 PM

Whew it is hot.

After a pot of coffee, we got outside about mid morning and it was already smoking hot outside. Humidity was about 500000000000000000000000000000000% and rising.

First we tried to start the Saturn. It blew oil out the intake. He hopped in the BlueOx and pulled the Saturn around back then helped me get the canopy over the car.

While I took the car apart he hopped on the Hemorrhaged and started to mow. He had been asking me all week if he could.

It wasn't long before she started living up to her name again. She died in the front yard no where near shade.

It wasn't getting any fuel so I changed out the filter with one I had in the shop that was for a car. It wouldn't start so I got my bottle of gas and hooked itto the fuel line and squeezed it. Fuel ran out the vacuum hose for the fuel pump. Of course nothing I have has that same hose. So I stuck a screwdriver shaft in the cracked hose and wrapped it up in electrical tape. Once I put it back in she fired right up and I went back to the Saturn.

About 20 minutes later she started to Hemorrhoid again. This time it was close enough o shade to push it back.

I went over to the TroyBilt and took the new fuel filter off it and stuck it on. It fired right up and he finished cutting the grass while I finished up the car from outer space.

When we were both finished I had him get in the BlueOx and drive it down in the field to see if there was anythign we could toss in the car – there wasn’t. So he drive back up to the driveway and parked it.

Now we are in the AC having a WWII movie marathon.

Unfortunately tomorrow morning I have to take him back to his grandmothers.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, June 23, 2013 - 06:14 PM.

• olcowhand, KennyP, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#969 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,745 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 05:25 PM

Glad you guys are getting to know one another! I'm sure he'll be back soon!

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#970 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 05:35 PM

I hear ya on the humidity....killer levels!!

#971 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,320 Thanks
  • 4,666 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 05:40 PM

I hear ya on the humidity....killer levels!!

Even my sweat is sweating!!   :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:

#972 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 05:43 PM

At least the mosquito's can't bite....they get washed away!

#973 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 06:04 PM

It's so humid here we got 9/10ths of rain in under a hour. should i mention the 2 inches of hail just before that....

Willie.. I'm glad you and your son and getting along well...

#974 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 07:10 PM

At least the mosquito's can't bite....they get washed away!

They wont get within 50 yards of me when I am sweating. I had someone come over once and ask if I had fallen in a swimming pool.

#975 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,320 Thanks
  • 4,666 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 08:23 PM

They wont get within 50 yards of me when I am sweating. I had someone come over once and ask if I had fallen in a swimming pool.

Must be the 'Hat' is floating on top of yer head!!   :bigrofl: