wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 08:25 PM

Today everyone came to visit the hat.

Got up and dragged myself into the kitchen about the same time as Heath woke up. As I was making my pot of witches brew Steph came thru and got him up and turned him loose on the house. I was hoping the guy with the new Hydroboost would call but he never did.

I had planned to go out at about noon but that was not to be. My phone started ringing like mad with people who had junk cars. It was about 3 when I finally managed to get out the door after setting up the schedule.

Then I walked out into the extremely humid NC day. I was soaked almost instantly.

Since brown Santa had delivered the stabilizer plate for the mower deck on the Troy-Bilt I decided to put it on. Found this guy under the tractor.

toad.jpg

It was perfect except that I didn’t have the right rod to go thru it. The one I had was about 3/8 inch too short. So I left it handing on the lift and went to work on the Blue Ox.

I got the old hydro-boost unit put back in and then decided to change the steering shaft out after seeing how bad my old one was.

A Jeep Cherokee shaft is almost an exact replacement and I had one that I saved off a Jeep we scrapped. I had to Heat the Jeep shaft to get the plastic retainers melted away then I made a notch in the GM steering column end to accept the bolt from the Jeep shaft.

As I was doing that Steph came back from her doc appointment (with Heath asleep in the truck) and started helping me get stuff cleaned up.

As I was putting the steering shaft back in a buddy, Reid, came over and wanted to know if I had any tires for his old Ford. We wandered down in the field and found him a set of rims. He has 56 F100 that he is going to put back on the road.

While he was here I had him look at the Troy. He said he could make me a rod. So I sent him off with the too short one.

While he was here another friend, Tim, showed up to get the chains he left in Christine and to BS for a while.

I got the steering shaft back in the Ox while Tim and Reid caught up. They had not seen each other in about 4 years.

Finally Tim and Reid left and I got back to the Ox.

I pulled the back tires off to check the rear brakes and found that the drivers side was not adjusting because a spring was making contact with the adjuster. I fixed that and the adjusted both rear brakes.

While I was doing that the son who adopted me, Graham, came over to see what was going on. He brought a couple of beers over so it was good.

Finally the BlueOX came off the jack stands and Graham and I took her for a test drive. The brakes will now throw you through the windshield, there is no play the steering ,and they drive shaft doesn't grumble anymore. Mission accomplished.

I decided to try to fix the driveway and hooked the scrape blade up to the DragonFly. Steph stood on the blade to give it some weight and soon the drive is hole free. Maybe I won't break my ankle getting out of the truck now.

Then we all decided it was time to work in the garden.

The cultivator got hooked up to the DragonFly and I went over to get the weeds out.

Graham said he would bring his tiller over and hooked the trailer up to the Hemorhoid to go get it.

Then another neighbor, Jeff, came over to see if I would buy a 17.5 HP Briggs engine. I did.

Graham got the tiller over and I filled it up with gas and he got to tilling.

gtill.jpg

Heath tripped and cut his eyelid on the trailer. Kid is tough as a pine knot. He cried for about 30 seconds and then was busy watching Graham till.

Reid called and told me he had my rod ready and I told him I would come down as soon as we were through.

Steph went and put some brats on the grill.

When Graham finished tilling he loaded the tiller back ont eh trailer and took it home then he and I rode down to Reids to get the rod.

Finally back home and in a pair of dry non sweat soaked shorts we all sat down for some brats and conversation.

After dinner he went home and now Steph is giving Heath a bath. Next it is my turn.

Tomorrow I have 3 cars to go pick up.

Gonna be another busy one.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, June 12, 2013 - 09:34 PM.

• olcowhand, HDWildBill, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#902 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 07:23 PM

Last night I got some of the best news I have gotten in a long time. I cannot tell what it is yet, but hopefully I can soon. I found out about it at 130am. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep last night.

Too early this morning I attached myself to my caffeine IV and started my day.

Picked up 2 cars, worked on the Troy-bilt. Drove about 250 miles. Made too many phone calls. Will be in bed early tonight.

• olcowhand said thank you

#903 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted June 13, 2013 - 08:54 PM

Can we try to guess your good news ?

Did you hit the lottery ?

Expecting triplets ?

#904 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 12:02 AM

Expecting triplets ?

Don't swear at the guy.. 

That's exciting news Willie.. I hope he/she is happy and healthy...

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#905 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:19 AM

nope no new kids

#906 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:25 AM

ok so when do we get to hear bout you exciting news that kept you awake?? your getting another truck???

#907 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:41 AM

Your EX has decided to let you off the hook! :oh_shucks:

#908 chevyaddict83 OFFLINE  

chevyaddict83
  • Member No: 20714
  • 24 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 10:12 AM

You got a new hat?

Sent from my 416-8

• Team_Green said thank you

#909 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Your EX has decided to let you off the hook! :oh_shucks:

Did you know a cola out the nose hurts..  Nice morning joke...

• olcowhand, HDWildBill, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#910 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,287 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 01:12 PM

I've got an idea what it is. I'll just wait and see if I'm right. I'm thinking 1:30 AM is the clue. If you've followed the thread you should know about Willie's late night rendezvous. And no...........he's not replacing Steph!!

#911 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 06:43 PM

I am beat. So is the Hemorrhoid.

This morning I dragged my carcass into the kitchen and made a pot of mud and started my day.

First order of business was to get the car we picked up yesterday afternoon off to the scrap yard. With that done we headed up to Newton to get another car.

I also needed to go to Sam's to get another pair of sunglasses to replace the ones I closed the hood of the truck on. They are Serengetti Drivers. Not a super expensive pair of glasses but they are the only ones I can wear to drive at night. They cut glare not light. Without them I have a miagrane when I get home at night.

We went up to the garage the car was at and I dropped the tow dolly and then we headed up to Hickory.

With my eyes protected behind my new sunglasses we went back and loaded up a Pontiac Grand Am. It runs but something is definitely broken inside the engine. It knocks like a hooker on a crack house door.

The garage also had a big pile of scrap metal that we loaded up in the car and then headed home.

Once we got here we started moving stuff around so I could mow. We haven't had tome to mow in about 2 weeks and with all this rain it was almost ready to be baled.

After I cut the yard I got the not so good idea to mow some in the field. ON the first pass I hit a small ratchet strap.

The Hemorrhoid went up on the ramp and the blades came off to unwrap the strap. Then back down in the field.

I got a good bit mowed. Unfortunately it is so over gworn that I couldn't see where I was going. All at once everything stopped. I disengaged the bladed and tried to back the tractor out. It wouldn't move. When I got off the tractor I found that I had run over a roll of field fencing that I thought we had taken to the scrap yard.

I called Steph on the radio and told her to bring Christine down to pull me out. It wouldn’t budge. I sent her back up the hill for a jack and the bolt cutters.

Steph crawled under and started cutting. Once she had it freed up I was done. I drove it back up the hill and came in.

I didn't realize how dehydrated I was. I was shaking when I got off the tractor.

Now I am pouring down water and watching Escape From L.A.

2 days till my good news can be revealed.

• olcowhand and backwoods have said thanks

#912 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,953 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 07:08 PM

Don't ya just hate it when you run over a roll of field fencing that I thought we had taken to the scrap yard! I hook up the 4X5 trailer on Hulk II and zig zag the whole 3 acres picking up any rocks bigger than a 1/4 fist, toys, and sticks with a grabber before I bring RED out to mow. I do leave the small toy 4X4 tire and Dog rubber balls, kinda cool seeing them spit out.

Hope the Hemorrhoid is ok.

#913 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 04:54 PM

I was mowing where I really shouldn't have been. Other than needing to be sharpened I think my Hemorrhoid will live to fight another day. (good think I don't have 2 or that would be my hemorrhoids!!)

#914 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 05:28 PM

Nice day. Got a lot done with very little effort.

Got up this morning and clanked and ground my way into the living room where I took a break until I could continue my way into the kitchen. At that point I was considering having Steph bring the coffee pot to me. With great difficulty I made a pot of lubricant and began my day.

Steph had already beaten me out of bed and was outside cutting the catalytic converter off the junk car.

By the time I wobbled outside she had the cat and radiators out of the car and I helped he drain the gas. Got about 4 gallons of free good gas. Always a plus.

Once that was done I crawled up in the drivers seat of the BlueOx and headed to the scrap yard while Steph loaded up all the aluminum rims we had in the Back of Christine then went back in the house to get ready for tomorrow.

Once I had my first handful of cash for the car I came home and came inside. I think I was still a bit dehydrated from yesterday. 3 quarts of Country Time lemon aid mix with a little salt mixed in and I started feeling alive again. Anytime you can drink 3 quarts of liquid in 30 minutes you are defiantly needing liquid.

While I was filling up my cooling system I got a call about a free tractor – more about that in a minute.

Once I was sloshing internally I got in Christine and headed off to the tire shop to get the rims broken down. Took about an hour to do that and then I headed over to the smelter to sell the rims.

With more money in my pocket I came home to get the little trailer.

While I was hooking up Graham came over and said his tractor shorted out. I went over an looked and it appeared that the seat made contact with the positive terminal. I told him to go get a battery out of my shop and make sure the terminal cover was over it.

Then I made my way about 15 minutes from the house to pick up this.

IMG_20130615_180444_676.jpg

IMG_20130615_180406_354.jpg

IMG_20130615_180419_946.jpg

Engine is not frozen, Front end appears to have something wrong as much as it was wobbling around while I loaded it.

Then I made a trip to Wal-Mart to grab a couple of things and headed home.

On the front porch I had a gift waiting. I entered a secret Santa type thing on a website and today I my gift came.

gift.jpg

Now it is time to relax a bit. I currently have a kitten sleeping on my foot.

18 hours till good news reveal.

• olcowhand said thank you

#915 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 05:42 PM

Does someone hate you? Knobb creek is nasty stuff.....