UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 07:16 PM

LOL I always tell people my number is BR-549. Younger people look at me like I am a loon.

• backwoods said thank you

#872 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 08:31 PM

LOL I always tell people my number is BR-549. Younger people look at me like I am a loon.

Well, you are, I are, and many of us are....but we know what BR-549 is about Junior!   :smilewink:

#873 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted June 04, 2013 - 03:23 PM

Nice easy day for the hat.

This morning when the alarm went off I was already awake (apparently my body had decided that 3 hours of sleep was more than enough) and listening to Steph changing Heaths diaper over the baby monitor. He was laughing like a madman. I guess getting mommy out of bed is funny.

As Steph was going back to bed I got up and made my witches brew and checked email. I was debating going up to M&M (mosquito & malaria) central. The brother told me yesterday that they were trying to get money to put on the molesters prison account. There are certain jobs that I have learned are just not worth doing. And giving money to a child molester is one of them. Morally I could not go up and do it. Truth be told if the child molester had been there yesterday I probably would have buried him under his pile of junk. So I got undressed and crawled back into bed with Steph. I finally fell back asleep for a hour.

Then I got up, redressed, emptied the cup of cold coffee that was on my desk and filled it with fresh mud.

When I went outside I got to work on the DragonFly. I had to replace a battery cable and a bad battery and then it wouldn't start. It has been sitting for 3 days waiting on me to have time to get to it.

After a little problem with the test light I found that the new cable had a little spot of paint on it that was keeping it from making contact. With that fixed I turned my attention to the Craftsman.

I asked Steph to run down to get some gas while I put parts on. Heath was taking a nap so I listened to him breathe over the monitor.

I got started working on it and could not get the engine to turn over. I found that somehow the clutch pedal is jammed. I crawled under it to figure it out and found that is was a good thing the tractor didn’t start.

He was wrapped up around the pulley shaft. Not sure if a snake is designed to go past 2000 RPM.

IMG_20130604_151722_056.jpg

Steph got back and had a ball playing with him.

IMG_20130604_153218_480.jpg IMG_20130604_153226_990.jpg

Finally she left for class and I came in to take a shower and then do nothing but play Daddy the rest of the day.

Warning Gratuitous kitty shot.

IMG_20130604_154223_942.jpg

IMG_20130604_154056_927.jpg

Edited by mybigwarwagon, June 04, 2013 - 03:29 PM.

• HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#874 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 561 posts

Posted June 04, 2013 - 07:14 PM

What kind of snake is that? I would have pushed the mower outside and let it mosey on its way. Then I would have went to change my underpants.
  • backwoods said thank you

#875 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted June 04, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Black snake. He was really docile.

#876 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted June 05, 2013 - 10:04 PM

I think I am going to buy a house in Hickory.

Last night I was looking at CL and found an ad up in Statesville for some attachments. I talked to the guy and I was supposed to go up this morning.

Well after I talked to him another ad was posted for attachments for a better price. So I told the first guy I wasn't coming. He said good I can leave for the beach earlier if you want them when I get back give me a call.

So this morning my wife and I both slept thru my alarm. I was supposed to be in Hickory at 9. I woke up at 815. So I ran out and found that the bed of Christine was full of bags of chicken feed. SO I spent a few minuted unloading that and then got on the road – to the gas station.

Once I got gas I decided since I was going to be late I might as well grab a biscuit so I ran thru BoJangles drivetrhru. I was disappointed. Coffee was was and burnt tasting, biscuit was salty. YUK.

Finally I hit the highway and signaled the engine room for full warp power. Once I got the “Immma givin' 'er all she's got, Cap'in” I knew we were good. In a flash I was in the parking lot at Lowe's waiting for the woman. I told her that I was driving a black and yellow S10 and there was not another on like it. She pulled up next to me and said yep it is a one of a kind.

Got to her house and gave her cat the uneaten biscuit, loaded up the attachments, gave her all my money and left.

Here is a dark pic. Didn't have time to get one in the daylight.

11attach.jpg

Got a cultivator, disc, scrape blade, dethatcher, and a front weight for something. All but the weight are Brinley. Weight is homemade. About 60 pounds.

So I headed home. Unloaded the truck, and went inside.

I had a cup of coffee, Heath helped me with a Words With Friends challenge.

11heathwwf.jpg

SuperGlued some figurines Steph found broken behind the dresser.

11bearrepair.jpg

Then I changed clothes, and ran off to the doc.

Since I got fed up with my old doc I had to go to a new one. So mounds of paperwork were filled out so that no one would read it and 3 different people would ask me what I had just written down.

Then the doc came in. She is pretty cute. NO pics didn't want to freak her out on the first visit.

However, I have had a painful spot on the tip of my left index finger. It has a little black spot in the center of it and I have cut it out myself several times and it just comes back. She cringed at the cut it out myself part. But said it was some kind of virus and she would try freezing it out.

I had my arm on the table and they tried to freeze the thing on my finger. They were low on the freeze stuff so the doc asked me to hold my hand up. SO there I was sitting with the doc and the technician looking at me while I stuck my bird finger up in the air. We were all three laughing so hard they could barely work.

With that done I came home with a slightly sore finger.

11finger.jpg

Had a bean burrito and then got a text message about a car. So we all went outside and hunted for the drop hitch for the truck. Last time I pulled the tow dolly it drug the ramps with the straight hitch.

After a thorough search we couldn't find it. We did find a drop hitch with a 1 7/8 inch ball and a straight hitch with a 2 inch ball. I didn't have a socket that would fit the nut so Heath and I went down to a friends house who is a heavy equipment mechanic. He swapped the balls over. (that just sounds wrong.)

Then back home to get Steph and the tow dolly and head off.

Back thru Hickory and north to Lenoir. One stop at an ATM and then up a mountain road to the guys house.

Took a few minutes to get the car turned around, get the two good tires on the back, put it on the dolly and then head home.

11kia.jpg

We stopped at Wendy's for a burger.

11wendysheath.jpg

One stop for gas on the way home, where I got into an interesting conversation with a cop about his new Ford patrol car. He hates it.

Finally home for a beer and sitting on something that doesn't have an engine attached.

• olcowhand and oldedeeres have said thanks

#877 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 04:46 PM

Dear diary today it rained.

Yes it rained. And then it rained. Then it let up. Then it rained some more.

SO I didn't get outside until about 1pm. I had to get the Kia off to scrap so Steph and I got on it while Heath played in Christine. I was afraid he would drown if we let him run around the yard.

With that done I left to go to the scrap yard.

As I was leaving the scrap yard I got a text.

First I need to give a little back story.

My neighbor across the street, whose dad recently died, got his dads dog. He told me that the dog was attack trained. Yesterday he had it on a leash and Steph went over. He told Steph the dog might bite. She tried to pet it anyway. It bit her.

I was gone when this happened. Since it was a good bit her fault I just had a talk with Graham. I told him that dog was a liability and would get him in big trouble and if I ever saw it off its chain I would shoot it.

So fast forward to to days text. The dog bit Grahams fiancees 15 year old daughter.

The fiance called the ambulance. Ambulance called animal control. I haven't heard anything yet. I haven’t talked to Graham. When I do I am going to tell him that if the dog does not go I will report Steph's bite to animal control. I will at least give him the chance to make it right. I will not have that dog bite Heath.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and HDWildBill have said thanks

#878 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 04:51 PM

That dog needs to go....now!  Yes a liability, but the main thing is just one bite to Heath & ....well you know already.  Graham needs to wake up & do what needs to be done!  This all really scares me for Heath!

• HDWildBill said thank you

#879 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 04:55 PM

No, You can't take a chance like that with a child. The dog will have to be put down before it really hurts someone severely. I hope Steph is OK !!

#880 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 04:59 PM

My neighbor once got an attack trained Doberman from a junkyard owner.  My kids couldn't ride bicycles for over a year as that dog would come after anyone that came near their house.  Ran me up into my loader while working silage from the top end of one of our silage pits.  No amount of complaining or calls to those in power would do any good.  Finally it ripped HIS hand wide open when he went to feed it....the dog was not seen after that.  Surely animal control will take this dog.  

#881 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 06:21 PM

Well animal control just left with the dog.

This is hard on Graham because his dad died last month and this was his dads dog. Dog weas perfectly fine with just Graham, but went nuts with other people.

While animal control was here I pulled Graham aside and had a talk with him. I told him that he was very lucky that the dog had given small bites to people who would not sue him and that there were too many small children around to have a dog like that. He agreed and let animal control take the dog.

He said had it not been his dads dog it never would have come over. He didn't really want it or have time for it.

When he needs a dog fix he can come over and let Carmel and Diesel out  of the pen.

He came over for a beer and talked for a while. His fiancee was glad I went over when the animal control truck pulled up because he wouldn't listen to her.

• olcowhand, motobreeder and HDWildBill have said thanks

#882 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,556 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 06:26 PM

You can tell Graham there are plenty besides you saying "Thanks" for doing the right thing.  Feeling bad about his Dad's dog is NOTHING like he'd feel if a child lost his/her life.  Being sued would be no comparison for that life sentence.

#883 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 06:55 PM

He understands that. For some reason since his dad died he has latched on to me as a surrogate. He listens to what I say. He almost put the dog down yesterday and if he did it would have saved him a $250 fine. However that is a very cheap price for the lesson learned.

#884 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 561 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 07:44 PM

A bit off topic but it would officially take someone 3 days to catch up on this posting. 884 replies to this topic and a 1/3 of them is a small novel. 

#885 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted June 06, 2013 - 07:46 PM

We cant help it if you read slow

Edited by mybigwarwagon, June 06, 2013 - 07:48 PM.

• KennyP said thank you