• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 09:58 PM

I was just funin with Willie

If he gets up and has tea and crumpets now that would be new. Lol

Hey Ken, I know you were just jerkin his chain, no problemo.  :thumbs:   I will be watching for the tea & crumpets now!  :smilewink:

#857 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 09:04 AM

I was just funin with Willie

If he gets up and has tea and crumpets now that would be new. Lol

Lord William will be serving tea and crumpets precisely at 4:00 pm.

:dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

• oldedeeres said thank you

#858 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 10:57 PM

Why is it that days I have nothing planned are the days that are the longest.

Yesterday morning I got up and staggered into the kitchen to make a container of dark bean juice (See NJKEN I didn't say I made coffee) poured it into my IV bottle and headed out to Christine to make a run to Hickory.

The guy I bought the little Airens RER from last week had a tow dolly. I told him I would buy it if he decided he wanted to sell. He said he wouldn't sell it. Then he called me and told me to come get it. SO i ran up and snagged it. I have wanted one for a long time and the price was right.

IMG_20130531_193116_737.jpg

Once I got back home I spent the rest of the day painting and sanding and answering phone calls (how do they know when I am busy?).

If you are ever going to wet sand do not buy sandpaper from Harbor Freight. After a couple of passes all the media comes off and you are rubbing paper on the paintIMG_20130531_214252_319.jpg – which accounts for the amount of time I spent sanding yesterday. I had to get the fresh scratches out of the fresh paint.

Finally at about 1030 my hands were complete worn out so I can in splashed thru a shower and fell into bed – were I laid wide awake until almost 530. I need to get my schedule readjusted.

At noon my little eyelids popped open and I staggered back into the kitchen to soak my head in rich succulent hot liquid courtesy of Juan Valdez. Then I got dressed and every one went outside.

Heath spent his time wandering from tractor to tractor to truck to the dog pen. After we moved a few things so Steph could mow I hopped in Christine to go to a tractor junkyard in Charlotte.

http://gardentractor...ctor-junk-yard/

I was making good time till I got to the Mccadenville exit on I85. Traffic stopped. I managed to get over to the exit and make my way down surface streets to get to 74. Whatever happened on the interstate was bad because ambulances and emergency management vehicles were making their way the opposite direction.

I finally got to the yard and spent about 2 hours poking around and drooling. He has a GTV18 that I will probably wind up buying.

I found the part I need for the Troy-Built and then headed to Gastonia.

I went to Home Depot, Lowes, Pep-Boys, and Wal-Mart to look for paint and no one had the same color I am using. I called Steph and told her to check at the Wal-Mart in Lincolnton when she went shopping.

One last stop at the cigar store to get two Drew Estate Java Mint cigars. Man they are good. Then I took back roads and headed home.

Almost back at the house I got a phone call from a woman who had a 2000 Grand Marquis that the air suspension died on . I gave her my price and she agreed. So I put the hammer down to as fast as I dare go on back roads to get home.

Of course when I got there Steph, Heath, and the BlueOx were all gone. SO I called her and she said she was at Wal-Mart. I told her to stay there and hooked the tow dolly to Christine and headed north.

This beauty was next to the BlueOX when I got there.

IMG_20130601_203441_740.jpg

I pulled up beside the BlueOx just as Steph came out. I quickly swapped the tow dolly over, fired up the mighty 454 and headed north.

One quick stop at the ATM and I was off.

The car was a Frye Medical Center in Hickory. Only problem with that was how tight the turns were with the empty dolly.

I called the lady and she said they had to go to the bathroom so I got all my stuff ready and then drank the last of the contents of the thermos while I waited.

Money and title exchanged hands. I pulled the car up on the dolly tied it down and headed off. I had to pull out and go down the wrong side of the road to get around the median without tearing the car to pieces. I got lots of odd looks.

About a half a mile away things felt funny so I pulled into a parking lot and looked. In the dark I had the car a little too far to one side and it wasn't where I belonged so I had to pull it off and do it again. This time with more light.

Finally I pulled my weary tail in my driveway came in and grabbed a beer and my first food of the day. Lasagna. It was sure good.

Now I am going to sit here and be one with my chair for a while. Then a shower and off to bed. Hopefully tonight I get some sleep.

And just to round things out. The kittens wandered down the hall to my office. It is the farthest they have ever been from their basket.

DSCF4773.JPG

And here is Diesel saying, "Don't worry little guys, no one will ever mess with you while I am here."

DSCF4764.JPG DSCF4766.JPG

• olcowhand, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#859 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 05:35 AM

Good score on the tow dolly! Hope you can get that GTV 18, looks pretty good! Before long, those kittens will be all over the house!

#860 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 07:59 PM

Productive day.

This morning I didn't need the alarm clock. At 9am I woke up feeling like Steph took a jackhammer to my head. So I throbbed my way into the kitchen and made some weapons grade java, downed some acetaminophen, and sat in my office till the hammering subsided.

At about 1030 I was able to function at a slightly diminished capacity and I went outside.

First order of business was to get the Grand Marquis off the tow dolly. Then I took it for a test drive. Man this is a nice car. IT runs like a top. Ac doesn't work and the airbags are FUBAR, but other than that it is nice.

IMG_20130602_191641_659.jpg

After test drive I pulled back in the yard and we got to moving trucks and other stuff to finish mowing the yard. Then everything went back where it was and we went down in the field to look for a set of tires to put on the 4wd S10 since I am giving a friend the tires that are on it.

It didnt take us long to find the old wheels and tires off my 81 Buick and cart them up the hill.A few quality minutes with the impact and they were all swapped over.

Then I attempted to make a video of the Merc. Every time I tried something went wrong so I decided to do something else for a while since it looked like it was going to rain shortly.

I went in the shop and got to doing the final wet sand on the fender and hood. I spent about 2 hours on the fender pan then I got after it with rubbing compound and then some polish. Once the tractor is all assembled and tested I will wax it and list it for sale.

With the fender done I pulled the Merc to the back yard and washed it. Then I finally managed to get a good video with no interruptions. Now if it would just upload to YouTube. It has been uploading for about 4 hours – it is a 6 minute video.

With that done I headed back into the shop and took the hood in. Another session of sanding and polishing and it looks pretty good.

IMG_20130602_185003_319.jpg

While I was waxing I got a call from a guy who has a lot of stuff that needs to be hauled away. He told me it belonged to his brother who went to prison. Immediately alarm bells went off and I asked if his brother got arrested for stealing. He said no he molested a 4 year old. I stifled the desire to puke. His brother will not be getting back out of prison. The guy was a hoarder and his house is so packed you can't walk in it. I am going up tomorrow morning to see what there is. Supposedly there is a bobcat and a boat of some sort.

Then I came inside and got my supper. Steph left for the store and Heath crawled up in my lap and ate most of my food. IT was a pork roast with some kind of pepper on it. Every time he got a spicy bite he would swallow it then make a big whooshing noise as he blew out. It was pretty funny. I found myself finding him peppery bits. I should have videoed it.

Now it is time to watch Colombo and relax. I am going to try to get to bed early tonight. Although since I have to be up early tomorrow I know I will be up all night staring at the ceiling fan.

Right now Heath has escaped from Steph while she was getting him ready for a bath and is running around the house naked holding a truck in his hand and yelling like a maniac. Kid is a hoot.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#861 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted June 02, 2013 - 08:59 PM

I'm up at 3:30 am tomorrow to move the Police, Fire, and Sheriff over to their new Dispatch Center. I don't think Coffee is available that earily.

#862 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 12:40 AM

I don't know about that, isn't it written somewhere that coffee is available at all hours, all places? If not, it should be !!!! Welcome to our world.  lol.  How many names does coffee go by anyhow? When Olde Deere #2 was a pup it was called Java, and she still calls it that sometimes.

#863 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Here is the video of the Mercury.

• Texas Deere and Horse and HDWildBill have said thanks

#864 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 09:04 AM

I don't know about that, isn't it written somewhere that coffee is available at all hours, all places? If not, it should be !!!! Welcome to our world.  lol.  How many names does coffee go by anyhow? When Olde Deere #2 was a pup it was called Java, and she still calls it that sometimes.

The coffee chain here is called Tim Hortons.  A lot of locations are open 24/7.

Here, we call a cup-o-joe "Timmies".

• oldedeeres said thank you

#865 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 11:27 AM

That is a nice looking car, Willie.  Our Son needed a car and just bought one on Saturday, that would have been ideal for him.  Good luck selling it.

#866 916 hydro OFFLINE  

916 hydro
  • Member No: 10159
  • 114 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 12:33 PM

you can take the coil springs out of an 80's model grand marquis and put them in place of the air springs i done it on a 90's model lincon town car.

why would someone abuse such a fine demolition derby car

Edited by 916 hydro, June 03, 2013 - 12:35 PM.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#867 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 12:34 PM

Sold it already. My phone has been going bonkers all morning with calls and texts. First person that looked at it bought it.

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and backwoods have said thanks

#868 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 12:48 PM

Willie, That is a great first car for someone. You should have is sold by this evening !! :thumbs: If I were closer, I would by it just to drive back and forth to work, 110 miles round trip everyday on I-10.

#869 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 06:18 PM

I think if there had been two of me we would have both been run ragged today.

Hit the floor this morning and made tracks to the coffee pot then got busy posting the Grand Marquis for sale since the video finally posted while I was asleep.

As soon as that was done I plopped myself in the captains chair of the BlueOx and blasted off for Statesville.

After about an hour and a half drive I got to the house. It was an absolute garbage pile. I spent about an hour going over what he had and giving him prices. I am not sure if I really want to do the job because the yard is a mosquito breeding ground. Literally clouds of little vampire bugs everywhere. There is no way I can take Heath or Steph to the house.

He had this Bobcat that I wish I could buy. You can see some of the junk in the pic.

IMG_20130603_115103_770.jpg

I left that house and thought about stopping a couple of other places but decided to mosey on back home. Good thing I did.

As I got to Hickory I got a call from a guy who came by to look at the car. I had the title with me in the truck. I forgot to leave it. So once I hit Hwy 321 I fired all thrusters and did a maximum burn for home. I got there in about 25 minutes. It is a 45 minute drive.

With cash in my pocket (and still a Mercury in my yard – he is coming back to get it tonight) I cam inside to kick up my feet, delete all the ads, and have some lunch and play with Heath. F

Steph informed me to watch my step in the bedroom because the kittens had learned they can escape from the basket and are jumping out from under the dresser and attacking feet.

Then I got a call from a guy about a couple of tractors. So I hopped in Christine and headed back to Hickory and a little north to get them. Both are Dynamarks one is complete one has no hood or engine. Well, that is technically incorrect – the newer tractor has the hood and engine off the older tractor.

IMG_20130603_190044_434.jpg

IMG_20130603_190016_933.jpg IMG_20130603_190032_697.jpg

He had this in his garage. He said when he was a kid the cab sat on the ground in his dads yard and was his playhouse.

IMG_20130603_151725_964.jpg

ON my way home I got a call from Steph. She drove the BlueOx about 2 miles and it overheated. She turned on the heat and drove it back home and shut it off. I have taught her well. I noticed this morning when I got the metal desk out from under the passengers seat that the carpet was wet. Now I know why. I thought the door seal had leaked and rain got in.

I made one stop for anti-freeze and some bars leak and then headed home.

Yes I know that isn't the correct way to fix it but I don't have time to pull the dash apart to change the heater core.

I got home and checked the truck out and it is definitely the heater core. After I put coolant in the radiator it started leaking. Poured in the Barrs Leak and it stopped in about 4 minutes. I left the truck idling in the yard for 20 minutes and no more overheating or dripping. Hopefully it will hold for a while.

Finally I get to sit down. Steph is cooking Pork chops. Heath is running around like a madman.

#870 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,302 Thanks
  • 4,657 posts

Posted June 03, 2013 - 06:45 PM

So MBWW...  Watching your video made me think of someone from my past... :smilewink: