He is going to restore it and sell it.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#842 chevyaddict83 OFFLINE  

chevyaddict83
  • Member No: 20714
  • 24 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 03:49 PM

So, I have a good question for ya. The copper wound motors, like in a trash compacter, or welder- what are those classified as at the scrap yard, uncle Willie?

Sent from my 416-8

#843 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 05:01 PM

if the windings are still in it they are classified as electric motors. Although all scrapyards are different. Call your local yard and find out what they say.

#844 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 28, 2013 - 05:12 PM

Not a bad day at all.

My allergy meds finally started working so I could breathe today. SO this morning I got up and started on the neighbors tractor while Steph took the Toyota Camry apart.

Turns out we got bit on the car because it had no catalytic converter. I should have checked.

My bad.

I put a new fuel line and filter on the tractor and tried to start it. Nothing happened. The neighbor, Graham, kept telling me that the starter was bad on the tractor, but I didn't think so. I dropped a fresh battery in it and nothing. Solenoid was bad. So I yanked the one out of the parts tractor and stuck it in and she fired right up.

I started to put the tins back on it and realized that the grill was broken and had been sitting on the muffler. So I made a new mount for it from an old piece of metal.

Then I had to leave to run to the scrap yard to sell the car. Grabbed my fat wad of cash and headed home.

Dropped the trailer and grabbed all the bad tractor batteries I had sitting around and headed off to Funderburk's battery. Got 4 reconditioned batteries and headed home.

When I pulled in the neighbor came over to see if I was done and to steal my beer. I put the hood back on his tractor and sharpened the blades on it and then fired it up and cut the front yard. It needs a new deck belt but it cuts pretty good. In any gear over 3td it misses a lot of grass.

Spent some time talking to Graham and his fiance then talked to the older neighbor, Wanda, for a bit then called it a day.

I am tired and the allergy meds are kicking my butt. Thursday Graham is coming over to work off his debt for fixing the tractor. Tomorrow I should be able to get back to working on the Craftsman. I hope.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#845 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 09:31 PM

Two steps forward and three steps back.

Allergies are still kicking my tail. Took some meds for it last night. Problem with them is either I can't sleep or I can't wake up. Today it was both. Couldn't go to sleep last night and slept thru my alarm this morning.

So when I finally got up Steph and Heath were gone to see her dad. He was driving back thru on his way back to Virginia before he goes back overseas for another year.

With the house to myself I made coffee and surfed the internet for a while. Then about the time she came back home I had enough of being indoors and went out to the shop.

I didn't realize what a disaster it was out here (yes I am in the shop now) so I started to clean it up. Heath went down for a nap so I recruited Steph to help me out.

Took us about 2 hours to get it straightened up. I did move a bunch of stuff to another building so I have a little more room in here.

shop.jpg

With that done she got the dogs out of the pen and started to brush Diesel. I think there is 47 pounds of hair in my front yard now.

I had to make a run to Wallyworld to get some more paint then I came back and got on the Craftsman again.

Since the first coat of red showed a lot of damage I had to go with a high fill primer to cover the cracks and crevices.

The fender pan is turning out nicely, but I got ahead of myself and started to sand the hood before the primer dried. Made a huge mess. Had to let it completely dry and then get the orbital sander out after it to fix what I did.

After a lot of sanding and spraying I almost have it fixed. If I had just waited a bit I would have it in a coat of color now.

So I went in and ate supper then came back out to the shop to work on it some more. I have my monster halogen lights aimed at the hood now so it will dry better. Hopefully one more coat of primer tomorrow and lots of sanding and it will be time for paint.

shop2.jpg shop3.jpg

Tomorrow morning my neighbor is coming over to work off the tractor repair. I have a huge mess from where I mangled my hand and couldn't do much for 2 weeks and still had stuff coming in. Hopefully we can get it cleaned up and I can get the grass cut before I loose Heath in the yard.

• olcowhand, HDWildBill, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#846 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 29, 2013 - 09:40 PM

Hope you can get your yard mowed soon, I would hate to see an Amber Alert on Heath because he went outside.

I'm like you, need more patients when doing body and paint work.

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#847 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 05:12 PM

Got a ton done today.

Bright and early this morning my alarm went off and I said nasty things about its parents not being married then went to make coffee.

After I poured a cup down my neck I got dressed and went across the street to see if the neighbor, Graham, was up and going. He was up at least.

I came back over and got the shop opened up and then started to see if I could get a trimmer started. I pulled the rope out of one. One wouldn't do anything, One started and died every 14 seconds when the fuel line vibrated loose. And one ran but begrudgingly.

About that time Graham came over and I got him started moving stuff so we could mow. I went back to tinkering with trimmers.

I managed to get my Ryobi running pretty good and then got his Homelite working descent. So we got to cutting things. I put the chainsaw attachment on mine and started pruning while he cut grass.

The fuel line kept coming off of mine despite my best efforts to thwart it. It would run for about 15 minutes between the line coming off the primer bulb. Finally his quit running all together.

I tried taking a line off of a derelict trimmer and putting it on the Ryobi, then it wouldn’t start at all. I have no idea what its problem was and decided to stop messing with trimmers.

Steph left for class at 3:00 so I kept an ear out for Heath to wake up on the baby monitor.

While Graham moved some more stuff out so I could get the tractor in where it had been I did some sanding on the Craftsman's hood. It is looking pretty good now.

He got everything moves so I hopped on the Hemorrhoid and cut the grass then we put it all back.

I fired up the DragonFly for the first time in 2 months and other than the dead battery it ran perfect. Hooked it up to the BlueOx and it started the first time I turned the key.

We then spent some time getting the various tractors that were in the yard moved to where it didn’t look like a tornado dumped them off.

Finally at around 5 Heath started making noise so we locked up the shop and quit for the day.

I took Heath out of his bed and changed his diaper then put the baby gate up where he could only play in h is bedroom and went to take a quick shower. When I got out he was happily playing so I haven't bothered him. I will let him play be himself as long as he wants too.

I didn't get all the grass cut today but we got the worst part of it. Tomorrow I will move some trucks and get to mowing the rest. Maybe I won't loose Heath now.

• olcowhand, KennyP, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#848 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,399 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 05:25 PM

Sounds like a productive day. May need to buy a new fuel line kit for that Ryobi. I have one too and love it!

#849 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 08:06 PM

KP the saw head was great. I pruned a bunch of trees before it quit running. SInce I only paid $5 for it I already go my money out of it.

• KennyP said thank you

#850 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 09:58 PM

Making coffee in the am has been a given, you don't have to type that everyday. Lol
  • WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#851 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 10:12 PM

He obviously loves (needs) his coffee lol...I can sympathize, if I have no coffee I don't get out of bed!

#852 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,399 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 04:26 AM

All I have for mine is the string trimmer head. But it seems to be balanced better that the Weedeater brands I have!

#853 chevyaddict83 OFFLINE  

chevyaddict83
  • Member No: 20714
  • 24 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 05:12 AM

Making coffee in the am has been a given, you don't have to type that everyday. Lol

No, but the creative ways of telling us how it is ingested works for me.

Sent from my 416-8

#854 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,594 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 08:51 PM

True, but it's a big part of his day, so it belongs.  Anyone that follows my farm thread knows I milk most every morning too, but I put it in there, as it is part of my day.  How one's day begins can have a big effect on the rest of the day.

No, but the creative ways of telling us how it is ingested works for me.

Sent from my 416-8

Exactly, and also what names Willie calls the alarm clock!  :bigrofl:

Willie.... pay no mind to Ken, he's a Joisy boy that's been hit by too many jolts of AC voltage.  :smilewink:

• Craig., KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#855 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 09:10 PM

True, but it's a big part of his day, so it belongs. Anyone that follows my farm thread knows I milk most every morning too, but I put it in there, as it is part of my day. How one's day begins can have a big effect on the rest of the day.

Exactly, and also what names Willie calls the alarm clock! :bigrofl:

Willie.... pay no mind to Ken, he's a Joisy boy that's been hit by too many jolts of AC voltage. :smilewink:

I was just funin with Willie

If he gets up and has tea and crumpets now that would be new. Lol
  • KennyP said thank you