• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for giving the guy some help.  That was a great thing to do.  It's for sure he appreciated it, and that's the reward.  And Willie, rewards will abound for you in our next world!   

#812 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted May 17, 2013 - 06:02 PM

You da man Willie. :dancingbanana:

#813 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 09:58 PM

Well it has been a day.

This morning (well last night actually) my back started to spasm. Too much sitting in uncomfortable chairs. I had Steph go inside her Uncles house and get a heating pad. After about 2 hours on that I was able to stand and start doing some exercises to get it worked out. An hour of that and I got dressed and hobbled inside to take a good hot shower.

Still a bit stiff but much better.

Since Steph's grandpa has COPD and cant take the humidity or cold air it was about 400 degrees in the house. But Her uncle has a nice screened in porch. I got an extension cord and hooked up my laptop and sat outside and smoked a couple of cigars. Occasionally someone would come out, but it was nice.

Today the reunion was in full swing. Lots of friends of the family came by and the house was packed. It was so packed that I spent more time on the patio. Heath kept coming out too. I think the little guy was a bit overwhelmed.

After a big meal and lots of lively conversation we took lots of pictures. Here is the family.

reinion.jpg

Then we were all sitting and talking. Heath went upstairs with Steph's Uncles wife, Rozelle, and the two little girls. One of the girls fell down and bumped her head and Rozelle went to check on her. When she walked away Heath decided to visit the Guinea Pig. He managed to open the cage and crawl inside.

gunea heath.jpg

He was fine but got rather mad that he couldn’t get back out.

Finally all the extra people started to drift off to their homes and we finally came out to the camper to spend some time with just us.

Tomorrow Steph may go visit a friend. We should leave on Monday.

Been a lot of fun though.

• olcowhand, KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#814 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,938 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 10:47 PM

Wow, thanks for the pcts. Remind me to not have a family reunion.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#815 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 11:52 PM

Wow, thanks for the pcts. Remind me to not have a family reunion.

The family was only half of the people there.

#816 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,343 Thanks
  • 39,621 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 06:39 AM

Great pics! Love the one of Heath!

#817 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 12:07 AM

Good day actually had a bit of fun.

Since most everyone left this morning except us we stayed in the camper and lounged aroudn til about lunchtime then we went out to where Steph's Uncle had a pile of junk eh said we could take what we wanted from.

I snagged an MTD riding mower with a supposedly good engine in, 2 push mowers, a Toro chipper, a couple halved 55 gallon drums, and some misc scrap that will come in useful.

load2.jpg load1.jpg

Then I went in an got a shower and had some coffee.

After lunch it was shooting time. As we were going out Steph extremely liberal grandparents got all upset. He grandfather kept saying he didn't believe in guns. I told him he didn't have to believe if he came outside I would show him some. He then told em that if there were fewer guns there would be less crime. I told him to go move to south Detroit and see if that worked. He just got mad.

They have their own gun range set up. We started off with pistols. They soon learned not to make me angry since I put 8 shots in a 1 inch hole in the neck of the mannequin they had set up. Then we shot some skeet. I did pretty good. I haven't shot skeet since elementary school and I got about 85% of them.

Then we had a couple of hours of just doing nothing. Which was nice. Then we ate supper.

After that we went out to start a bonfire. As soon as it was started the rain came a tumble down. SO everyone retreated to the screened in porch. Steph and I have decided we have to have one since we have spent a good deal of time out there.

Then someone broke out the CatchPhrase game. Steph and I made a great team. I think it surprised everyone. We were getting words with very few clues.

Finally that ended and we all wandered off to our beds. Tomorrow morning we back up and head south. It will be nice to see my bed again.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#818 Earl ONLINE  

Earl
  • Member No: 34405
  • 76 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 04:41 AM

Sounds like a good time! I always enjoy horrifying liberals and gun play. Board (bored?) games are pretty fun as well.

#819 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:18 PM

Home again home again jiggity jig.

Vacation is over. Got up this morning I made a pot of coffee for the road and at around 1030 we rolled out.

Heath slept for a few hours then we stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch. When we left wee had a hard time getting Heath back in the truck because he wanted to go look at every car in the parking lot.

We stopped at SearsYellows house to pick up some tire chains ( and an oddly indestructible egg that rode home on the carburetor of a push mower on my trailer) then headed for the house.

k4.jpg

One stop for gas and we were home.

Unhooked the trailer and now I am sitting on my massaging cushion, Steph is unpacking, Heath is getting reacquainted with all his toys, the dogs are rolling around in the floor, and the kittens are getting big.

k1.jpg k3.jpg k2.jpg

Edited by mybigwarwagon, May 20, 2013 - 08:26 PM.

• Texas Deere and Horse, HDWildBill, backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#820 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,343 Thanks
  • 39,621 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:27 PM

Glad you guys made it home safely! There's breakfast for you tomorrow! Kittens are cute!

#821 Texas Deere and Horse ONLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:41 PM

Willie, Glad to hear you guys had a great time on vacation and made it back home safely .

Always nice to get back home though and sleep in your own bed, there's no place like home! :thumbs:

• oldedeeres said thank you

#822 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 08:56 PM

I forgot to add. While I was at Steves house Heath managed to escape while Steph was changing his diaper in the front yard. SO she pulled his shirt off and he was running around wearing nothing but his tennis shoes. Then he pooped in the driveway. At least he is housebroken.

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#823 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,834 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 01:29 AM

That was a great holiday. We learned a long time ago that it's always best to leave while everyone is still having fun. Read somewhere once that company and fish start to smell after four days, and that's pretty much true, lol.
  • KennyP and Earl have said thanks

#824 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted May 22, 2013 - 10:02 PM

Oohhhhhhhhhh I'm driving my life away....

Or so it seems over the past few days. After putting 2700 miles on my truck last week I have managed to put 247 on Christine today.

The alarm went off this morning and my body screamed obscenities and went back to sleep for another hour. Finally I dragged myself to the coffee pot and made a pot of life and got my day started.

I had to pick up 2 tractors today so I needed the trailer emptied and Steph and I got on that. Off came all the goodies I dragged back from Virginia. And then I hopped in Christine and headed up 321 north to Hickory. Heath was still asleep.

Took about 30 minutes to get to the guys house and then I loaded up a little Ariens RER on the back of Christine.

tract2.jpg

Then a stop for gas and I headed south down 321 to Gastonia to get a Craftsman.

tract3.jpg

With that on the trailer I headed home. Got here and Steph and Heath were gone to the store. SO I unloaded the tractors and tinkered with the RER. It tried to start, but would not stay running. I was hot and thirsty so I came inside.

Steph came home and Heath ran to me. I picked him up and his diaper was soaked. Steph took him to change him and then put him down for a nap.

I was sitting at my desk when all of a sudden the dogs started going bonkers. I jumped up and ran outside to see the AT&T truck in the driveway. When I got around back my neighbor from across the road came running over. He heard the dogs too.

Repair guy was there for about 15 minutes then went up the road to try and find the problem. While he was gone the neighbor and I found a shady spot in the carport and had a beer. He was telling me about his dad that had just died. I told Steph last week that I thought I had a new son because he has started coming over more and more. She just smiled while we talked.

He went home and the repair guy came back and said that a junction box about a mile away had been hit by lightening and that was the problem.

I went back to the RER.

While I was tinkering with it a guy called and had a tractor he wanted me to come get but I had to get it tonight since he was leaving town tomorrow morning. He said it was a huge tractor with a 43 inch deck. I suppressed my laughter.

SO I abandoned the RER and hooked the trailer back up to Christine and again headed north up 321.

Finally got to Lenoir and loaded up a tractor I have never heard of before. From the looks of it I am thinking it is a MTD. Says NOMA on the side.

trac1.jpg

After a run to Arby's drive-thru for supper I headed south on 321 again to go home.

I completely forgot to get gas again. Since the light on the odometer is out and the gas gauge is wonky I had no idea how much gas was in it.

I turned a corner about a mile and a half from the house and Christine sputtered and died. I managed to get it started again and get some speed built up before it died for good then I coasted about a mile home. At least I didn’t have to walk.

I finally got to see Heath for a few minutes. I chased him all over the house and wrestled with him before he got put in bed for the night.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#825 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 22, 2013 - 10:25 PM

Fun times!