UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 06:28 PM

See you should have trained her better when you got her. Although some like my ex are untrainable.

Not sure what I am going to do with the Wards. I may have another tractor to put it on. Might even put it on the Gravley 408.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#662 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 06:59 PM

The engine says it is a wards engine. I am seriously considering going to a diesel on this one.

Its a wisconsin that was retaged for wards what the engine model? 

Edited by wilberj, April 22, 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#663 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 05:48 PM

Happy Tuesday.

Last night my slave (Justin) called me and told me he needed $40 to have enough money to go to court today for old charges or he was going to have to go to jail. So I told him to come by and he would have to work it off later. We decided he was going to come on Wednesday to work.

I had nothing to do this morning. I was sitting here going through all the stuff in my mind that I could load up from the field to get some cash to re-tag my trailer so I can go to court Friday. Although with my back screwed up I was considering calling the courthouse to see it I could get it postponed.

As I sat here pondering with my sore back I got a text message from a regular. He had a car he needed gone. Since I am short on funds I told him I could get it today and pay him tomorrow and pay him a little extra. He agreed so we all loaded up in the BlueOx and took a ride.

I have been to this guys house probably 25 times. And I went the wrong direction. In Lincolnton highways 150 and 27 split. I had a brain fart and sent up 150. Since I had left my phone at home I couldn't look it up. Steph even agreed it was the right way so it was a shared brain fart.

Steph dug the trusty topographical atlas out from under the seat and found where we should have been.

One we figured out that we were going the wrong way I took a couple of back roads and came out close to his house. The atlas is nearly 20 years old and there is a new bypass through the middle of everything so it was fun to figure out where the roads went.

The car ran so we tossed a battery in it and I drove it up on the trailer.

We took a little detour on the way home to go back by the house we got all the mowers from. Our tow strap got left there. Steph ran back behind the house to grab it and then we headed home.

Once we got back home Steph had to come inside and work on her paper. She only had a couple of pictures to assemble and print out.

While she worked on that I worked on taking the car apart.

I found all kinds of syringes in it so I was very careful what I picked up. I did find a pair of pliers, 2 screw drivers and a valve stem tool in it among all the detritus piled inside. Also got about 6 gallons of good gas out of it and 5 aluminum rims.

I took a bad step off the trailer and my bad ankle is worse. With the back and the ankle screwed up there is no way I could handle Heath tonight so he got to go to class with Steph. He will be spoiled rotten when he gets home.

Time for a hot bath and a couple of beers for strictly medicinal purposes.

• olcowhand and oldedeeres have said thanks

#664 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 07:22 AM

Willie I have found what you need. http://charlotte.cra...3762667263.html Now about my finders fee  :D

#665 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Willie I have found what you need. http://charlotte.cra...3762667263.html Now about my finders fee  :D

Wet as it stays at Willie's place, he needs one on tracks!  BTW...raining heavy here Willie, and heading your way!

#666 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 09:49 AM

That would be awesome, if I had $2800

#667 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 12:53 PM

Well today’s post will be kind of early – cause I am done.

Got a call bright and early from a friend saying that he wanted the seats out of the Buick drugmobile I picked up yesterday. So once Heath was up and running around we went out, fired up the air compressor, and yanked them out. Also found about $4 in change under the seats.

Heath and I left for the scrap yard while Steph took the seats to my friend and then took the aluminum wheels with tires on them down to another friends shop to have them dismounted.

Heath and I got to the scrap yard at exactly 12:00. New policy is for the yard to close for lunch. Heath got 30 minutes to wander around and check out all the trucks and tractors. He was in toddler heaven.

Clock hit 12:30 and we hopped in the BlueOx and crossed the scales. Heath nearly climbed out the window of the truck when the guy started up the wheel loader and snagged the Buick off the trailer. This is the first time he has been out of his car seat for a scrap yard run.

With money in my pocket and Heath in his seat we headed to the barn.

I managed to keep Heath awake till we got home and then he went straight to bed.

Steph is off to run some errands and I am watching emergency. I would go outside and work but since I have paid for my slave to do that I am leaving it for him. He is supposed to come tomorrow now. Had to go to again today. Yesterday got postponed.

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#668 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,458 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 05:20 PM

Glad the day went smoothly and Heath got a learning experience out of it.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#669 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hey MBWW, ever have any dealings with the "Lizard LickTowing" gang ? Seems like you do lots of traveling around NC.

#670 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 06:48 PM

NO never have had the ummmmm pleasure to meet them.

#671 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 07:14 PM

It's funny, I wired a papa johns pizza the next town over from them a few years ago, if I had known then, maybe I would have stopped by and had a few laughs.

I'm not sure where your at in NC, but if I ever get down there again I'll let you know. Maybe I'll be near you.

#672 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 07:19 PM

I am close to Charlotte.

#673 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 12:17 AM

That would be awesome, if I had $2800

Offer him 600 that's about what it's worth .

Edited by jacobd, April 25, 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#674 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 04:04 PM

Well the hat is hanging low.

Had a good day but man I am tired.

This morning at 7am Steph left to go pick up my slave while I staggered around the house trying to get stood up straight.

By the time I was walking semi-erect and had a cup of coffee in me, Steph and Justin cam in the driveway. It took me about 15 minutes to give Justin his marching orders then I saddled up in the BlueOx and headed back to the preachers house in Boiling Springs to pick up the car that I hauled to his house earlier this week.

When I arrived at his house there was no one there. I called him and he said he had decided to keep the car and try to part it out to get the gal who owns it a little more money. I tried to explain to him that it would take him forever to make any money that way. He is determined to prove me wrong. He said his wife sent me an email, but I didn't get it.

With an empty trailer I headed back home and waddled down in the field.

Justin had made good progress so I joined in and we got a lot of stuff cleaned up in the field.

I have had a Olds 307 and a 200r4 transmission covered in the field for a couple of years. Last week I found it was uncovered. I haven't checked it in a while and the wind managed to untie the tarp. The mobile crane didn't want to pick it up. When we finally got the transmission off of it and got it up in the air to drain it we got about 3 gallons of rusty water and motor oil out. So it went on the trailer.

We rounded up a bunch of aluminum rims so I called my aluminum guy and he came by to get them.

When we were all done we had Christine and the little trailer loaded up.

Went across the scales at 5960 pounds. Not bad for a little tuck.

Unloaded, went back across the scale, did a burnout on the scale, got laughed at, and got a wad of cash.

Justin's girlfriend called him to say she was at my house waiting for us. He kept telling me how beautiful she was. When we got to the house I almost took him to the eye doctor. One thing I will say about her, she had blue hair, or at least that one streak down the middle was blue, the rest was kind of a burn reddish color.

As soon as he unhooked the trailer I pointed Christine to the Lincolnton DMV to get the tags on the trailer renewed. $19 later and I was headed home.

Got home and realized that I had lost the 2-way radio I had been carrying. I called the scrap yard and we searched the field and nothing. So I guess I will buy a new set and have 3 radios.

Beer time. First one always tastes the best.

• olcowhand, KennyP, backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#675 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 04:23 PM

Justin finally posted the pics he took of the tractor on its nose.

tracweigh2_zpsfa6e04fa.jpg

tracweigh_zps391b558b.jpg

I took some pieces off to lighten the load while he stood around taking pictures. Can't really complain for a $40 a day slave.

tracweigh3_zps622b5049.jpg

• oldedeeres said thank you