UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 08:14 PM

I know I had my mansion with the huge tractor garage all picked out too.

• KennyP said thank you

#587 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 02:59 PM

Short, but busy day.

Slept in a bit because my neck was so sore last night I had trouble getting to sleep. When I finally dragged my carcass out of the sheets Steph already had coffee going. Good wife.

At 1030 my neighbor came over and we took a ride down to his step fathers garage and got some misc scrap (and another push mower) then took it to the scrap yard.

I brought the push mower and a couple of pieces of aluminum home with me and paid him more than he would have got at the scrap yard.

As soon as we pulled in the drive Steph said, "Another mower".

Got back home at about 1 and tinkered in the yard some. Didn't feel like taking any motors apart so Heath and I played on the tractors for a bit while Steph tended to her chickens. He just likes to sit on them and wiggle the steering wheel.

Last night Steph was given about 12 Cornish/Rock cross chickens from a hatchery. They are great meat chicks. The hatchery has some Mexicans come in and get the chicks and they left these behind because they couldn't catch them. The guy said they normally just leave them to die. They are about 4 weeks old. In about 3 more weeks we will have delicious meat.

After she finished with that I grabbed the reel mower and mowed around my shop and about ¼ acre where we work. I didn't want to fire and nuts, bolts or other hardware around with the tractor. Reel did a pretty good job, but the grass was too tall already. I will have to go back over it in a couple of days.

At 230 I was in the shower.

Steph actually had to turn the AC on because ti was 85 in the house. Take that you yankees.

At 3 Steph left for class. Heath is taking a nap.

I am doing nothing.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, April 09, 2013 - 03:00 PM.

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#588 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 03:11 PM

Steph actually had to turn the AC on because ti was 85 in the house. Take that you yankees.

I considered turning the heat back on in the garage this morning. May the heat be so intense down there that the headliner in the Blue Ox droops and irritates your new hat.

• Craig. said thank you

#589 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 03:14 PM

the headliner on the OX was drooping until I installed the overhead console. It stopped the droop.

#590 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 03:35 PM

Good score on the Cornish Rocks.  Those will be delicious.  Dad raised some last fall.  They were delicious.

Up here in Yankee land, at least were I was, it was a beautiful 58 degree day.  In the sun, while working outside, I had to take my jacket off.

#591 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 12:23 AM

I don't know about you guys, here it was a "beautiful" -2 and I wore my usual touque and winter boots !  Am looking forward to mowing grass 'though.

• Team_Green said thank you

#592 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 08:19 AM

its been warm(in the 70's last couple days) in my neck of the woods but today its raining which is good cause everything is getting dry

#593 motobreeder ONLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 05:11 PM

Weather forecast is for 10-15cm of snow on Friday.

Definitly have the heat turned on - in the house and anywhere else I need to be.

Tried the mower on the Simplicity.  Worked great until it plugged up with snow. :bigrofl:

#594 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 05:13 PM

Well the hat took a day off.

Yesterday when I went to get the scrap with my neighbor one of the items was a 10 bolt rearend. We lifted it off the ground and in typical 23 year old fashion he started to run with it. Then he dropped his end and I pulled a muscle in my chest trying to keep it from falling on my feet.

I hgave spent the day watching old movies and playing games on the computer. Steph left for class so it is just Heath and I the rest of the evening.

I did get a call from a guy who has a early 70's Simplicity 7112 and a bunch of mower engine blocks he wants me to come get. Will be heading up Thursday to get them.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, April 10, 2013 - 05:14 PM.

• KennyP, backwoods and oldedeeres have said thanks

#595 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 05:42 PM

Sorry to hear of the pain. You should have chunked your end on him! Good luck on the Simplicity!

#596 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 05:45 PM

I didn't realize I the extent of the pulling until I went to bed last night and laid on my right side. IT felt like someone stabbed me. I will give it a day of rest then ease it back into service tomorrow.

#597 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 05:48 PM

I didn't realize I the extent of the pulling until I went to bed last night and laid on my right side. IT felt like someone stabbed me. I will give it a day of rest then ease it back into service tomorrow.

Maybe you will, maybe you won't.  Take it easy on that muscle! 

#598 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 06:06 PM

Maybe you will, maybe you won't.  Take it easy on that muscle! 

No choice. It has work to do.

#599 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 06:57 PM

No choice. It has work to do.

I hear ya....I have no choice either.  When I die, I'll be late for my own funeral due to chores needing tending.

• backwoods, UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#600 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 03:47 PM

Well it has been a day.

After I had couple quarts of coffee poured in me I made my way outside to the mower pile.

I moved a few motors over to my work table and then got all my tools out and got to work.

By the time Steph and heat came home from her doctors appointment I was into my 4th engine.

After she put Heath down for a nap she came out and moved the motor pile over to the work area with Christine. After that she started getting some engines apart too.

By the time my back gave up for the day we had about 30 engines apart. Several were seized and required a delicate touch with the BFH to disassemble. Three had broken rods. One had a boomerang valve. And one had an expertly installed plastic bag where the oil cap should have been – it was full of water.

With the engine pile shrinking and the aluminum pile growing I came in and she put up the tools. Heath was long since up from his nap and had been playing in his room. Listening to him on the baby monitor I really wonder what he was saying.

Got one call today from a guy who said he had a car that ran good. All it needed was to be put back together. Half the engine was under the hood, the other half was in the trunk. It was all I could do to keep from laughing.

Now it is supposed to rain.

Imma dissapoint.

• oldedeeres said thank you