• Please log in to reply
4298 replies to this topic

#571 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,433 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 09:13 PM

oh trust i know about owning a jd now and green parts cost losts of green good thing i still have 2 old cubs that parts are cheaper for

#572 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 09:15 PM

Oh that's right sorry I thought it was 4000 if you take it off for me. You should charge admission to the mower pile it is impressive.

#573 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 09:21 PM

I am thinking about trying to get national landmark status

#574 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 09:30 PM

Haha oh man you're too much. That would be great if your neighbors ever complained you could just tell em "sorry, it's a national landmark"

• UncleWillie said thank you

#575 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 06:09 PM

Weird day. Not bad, just weird. :dancingbanana:

Woke up this morning and called the scrap yard to find out what time they closed on Saturday. They said 1130. SO we got up and went out to load the last few things on Christine that would not fit on the big trailer. I went int o pour my coffee in my thermos and saw the clock on the stove. It said 1100. We went into hyperdrive and jumped in the trucks and ran to the scrap yard.

Got to the yard at 1115. Got unloaded and got cash. Steph went to the dump (she had trash on the truck too) and I headed home.

On the way back I saw a yard sale that had an appliance hand truck so I stopped to look at it. The handtruck was junk, but he had a little single burner propane cooker. It worked so I paid him for it and called Steph to come pick it up on her truck. No way I was putting it inside the BlueOx and I didn't want it to fall off the big trailer with no sideboards.

While I waited several people tried to buy the cooker from the guy. Finally, Steph showed up and we loaded it on the little trailer and tied it down and headed home.

I got my first chance to check email. As I was doing that JacobD called with the part numbers for the transmission he was looking for. I told him to come on by.

He arrived and got a short lesson in the operation of a Honda Accord drivers door :D  and then looked around the tractor pile.

I had to leave to meet a guy in Charlotte to buy poly tractor cart and an aerator, so JD left and I hopped in Christine and headed out.

About a mile away from the house some idiot decided to tailgate me. :mad2: Since there was a car about 8 ahead of me that was going 20 under the speed limit I couldn't speed up. So I bumped my brake pedal just hard enough to make the tail lights come on. He got closer.

I hit the brakes. He got closer. I let the cars ahead of me get away then sped up, he stayed on my tail. I finally just drove 20 MPH so if he hit me it would be slow. He kept motioning for me to pull into a parking lot. I kept going.

We got up to the 4 lane and he pulled up beside me and stared at me. He wasn't watching where he was going. I took my pistol out and put it on my lap. He started yelling that I had brake checked him. I told him he was an idiot for tailgating.

He pulled in front of me and we got to a red light. He got out of his car.

HE started yelling at me and I told him e was an idiot (in words I wont repeat). He was starting to walk to the truck when the light turned green. I told him the light was green and he got in his car and pulled off.

When he started to turn on 321 (the direction I was going to go) I decided to go straight and get gas. When I got back on 321 about 15 minutes later he was sitting at a gas station in his car. He either didn't see me go past or he decided no give it up.

SO I drive to Charlotte and went to a friends Cigar shop. He had shaved his dreadlocks. I have never seen him without them. It was kinda funny. :rolling:

Bought some cigars then went down to the Walmart I was supposed to meet the guy at and gave him a call. He had decided not to come.

I was a bit miffed but decided to not let it bother me.

I went to Ingles to get some Hamburger buns and while I was there I grabbed some beer and potato chips.

Back home I started to take push mowers apart. I got about 5 done then the lady across the street came over carrying her little Chihuahua. Poor little Lilly( the dog not the woman) is constipated. Her anal glands are inflamed. I felt bad but there was nothing I could do.

Steph came out and said supper was ready so I came in and flopped down in my recliner. I wonder what other weird stuff will happen before bedtime. :shoot2:

Oh Steph got a video of Heath driving the tractor.

https://www.facebook...?v=596593142271

Edited by mybigwarwagon, April 06, 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#576 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 08:40 PM

Dangit Wllie I told you not to tell anyone about that! In my defence when I got that car the door latch was broken internally and wouldn't unlatch. I ended up having to destroy the door to get it off. Went to the junkyard in charlotte to look for a new one and wouldn't you know it they had a great looking accord wagon in the same color and the only part missing off it was, you guessed it, the drivers door. At any rate when I pulled the latch at your house the door came part way unlatched and stuck so I just assumed the latch had broke again. Didn't notice the lock was halfway down. I must've leaned on it or something.

And yeah it doesn't look like any of the trans you have will work this ones kinda an oddball. It has a large boss cast over the left axle that holds the shaft that one of the vari drive pullys rides on. I can't remember for sure but I think the one in your troy bilt wasn't like that either. If you do end up taking it out and it looks like this one give me a call.

At any rate thanks for letting me snoop around the north gaston strategic mower supply :D

5751205303_0e4377ef33_z.jpg

I wanna see that little gravely running! Do you know that suckers got 4 speeds forward AND reverse? Talk about fun lol.

#577 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hey I just said you had to be educated. I never said that you locked yourself in your own car and had to crawl out the drivers side.

Oops did I say that out loud. LOL

• olcowhand said thank you

#578 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,578 Thanks
  • 29,825 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hey I just said you had to be educated. I never said that you locked yourself in your own car and had to crawl out the drivers side.

Oops did I say that out loud. LOL

I didn't hear a thing.......  :rolling:

#579 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 10:29 PM

I get no respect...

• Craig. said thank you

#580 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:17 AM

I heard nothing either, however what I read makes me think that someone should be turning beet red about now. :poke:

• Craig. and HDWildBill have said thanks

#581 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:36 PM

Today I played He-Man.

This morning I staggered – literally – to the coffee pot with a headache that would have crippled a buffalo. After some Acetaminophen and a couple cups of coffee I was almost functional.

With my eyes open I grabbed my thermos and hopped in Christine and headed out to Asheville to get 2 tractors. I needed gas so I headed to the station. About 3 miles away I realized I didn't have my wallet. So I turned around and went home to get it.

Back at the gas station I realized I didn't have my ramps. So I turned around again and went back home to get the ramps.

With all the stuff I actually needed with me I headed off.

It was a beautiful day for a drive.

DSCF4557_zps47197fec.jpg

DSCF4561_zps50f3e9cf.jpg

DSCF4575_zps40dab01c.jpg

I did see this odd combination ( my camera was trying to photograph the window.)

DSCF4564_zps01c19fcb.jpg

Not sure why you would need a tail (on a front wheel drive) and a strobe light.

I did come around one curve on the interstate into a cloud of tire smoke. As I rounded the bend I saw a set of skid marks and nothing else. As I passed I saw a car up in the trees. No way I could stop without joining them so I went on my way.

Got to the first house and they pointed me to the tractor. IT was sitting in the back yard. The “gate” was a panel of the privacy fence that was held up with zip ties. It was barely big enough to get Christine through. After looking at the tractor I realize there was no pushing it out. She hit the fence with it and bent the tie rod.

SO I dropped the trailer and backed Christine in. I had to fold in the mirrors to fit. I then realized that there was no way the tractor was going up the ramps with its bowlegged tires. So I power lifted the front end up in the air and she backed Christine close. After I had the front end on the tailgate. I lifted the rear end and slid it in. She also gave me an old push mower and a swing. Not bad for free.

DSCF4612_zpsf227c7bf.jpg

DSCF4611_zpsbe1ac3c0.jpg

It is cockeyed because it has a deck on it and it wouldn't fit between the wheel wells)

Then I saddled up and started to get the tractor I really wanted. A Sears Suburban with a 14 HP Kholer. However, before I could get there he called me and told me his wife sold it to someone else. Oh well.

I decided to head to Northern Tool in Hickory to get some sawzall blades and trailer lights. They closed at 5. I got there at 5:15.

I pulled back out onto 70 just in time to see a purple Honda in the oncoming lane loose its front driver side tire. Somehow the tire missed the cars around it and went between two of them, crossed a 4 land highway, and bounced through a cemetery without hitting a single thing. I followed the tire and watched it cross row after row of gravestones, cross the driveway, hit a tree, reverse its course, and land in a row if graves.

As I grabbed it and tossed it in the truck I saw one of the women from the car start running my way. I guess she thought I was going to leave with it.

I went back out to the road and pulled in behind the car. Two other vehicles had stopped too. The lugs on the Honda were in tact, the rotor had a flat spot on the bottom.

One guy had a floor jack, but it wouldn't fit under the car, so I called on the power of Greyskull and lifted the front of the car about 6 inches off the ground and he slid the jack under it. While, he jacked it up I went around and took one lug off the remaining three tires.

Just as I was tightening up the last lug nut a patrol car pulled up. I told him his timing was impeccable. He laughed. We all shook hands and parted ways.

Got back home and saw the best sight of all.

DSCF4613_zpsf02e16ea.jpg

• olcowhand, KennyP, Fabman and 2 others have said thanks

#582 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,578 Thanks
  • 29,825 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 06:58 PM

And you (we) wonder why our backs hurt!   :D   You do more than your share of good deeds Uncle Willie!  :thumbs:

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#583 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,836 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:27 PM

You are just what "being good people" is all about, Willie.

#584 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 04:04 PM

Today I built a masterpiece.

A monument dedicated to all the grass I have cut over the years.

A colossus dedicated to the memory of those summers in tennis shoes, pushing a mower around the neighborhood.

A memorial to those calluses, blisters, and sunburns that paid for my summer fun.

A work of art so poignant and mesmerizing that it will stand forever in the minds of the observer as testimony to the hard working and enterprising young males of my generation who didn't stand with their hand out expecting it to be filled, but put effort into filling their pockets.

It was a thing of beauty. Evocative and subtly elegant.

IMG_20130408_133024_311_zps60f93d12.jpg

Then Steph loaded it up in her truck and carried it to the scrap yard. She wont let me have any fun.

As you can guess I spent the day taking apart mowers. Got all the pushers apart and started ont eh motors. Got about 10 motors done and my back said no more. 6 hours bent over a workbench was enough.

Short day but productive.

Steph took the decks off the pushers to the scrap yard on her way to pick up some meat chicks.

I am getting ready to go marinate myself in a hot bath.

• olcowhand, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#585 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,388 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Cool piece of art! Man, you could have retired off the money that could have sold for! LOL!