• Please log in to reply
4298 replies to this topic

#526 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 01:40 AM

We have days/nights like that too, Willie. I just thought it was "olde' age creeping up on us.   lol

#527 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 05:54 AM

I know all about those early wake ups! But, GTTalk is here to help pass the time!

#528 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 03:55 PM

Well after being awake for 29 hours I went to bed and slept for 12. I feel almost human.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE.

#529 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,634 Thanks
  • 1,732 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 04:50 PM

. I feel almost human.

I hope that is a familiar feeling. :rolling:

We all have those hectic days. And I really hate those sleepless nights.

been there way too many times.

Hope you had an enjoyable Easter  . 27 guests just left and the quiet sure is nice.  Rick

#530 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 06:53 PM

Whew what a day.

Had a call yesterday about a house where a family was cleaning out some property. He told me there were a lot of old mower parts, a Cadillac, and a Ford van. I told him we could come up today as soon as we got unloaded.

So this morning My coffee went straight into a thermos and we all loaded up in the BlueOx and headed out.

After going by the scrap yard to get the car off the trailer we made our way to the address I had been given.

When we got there two guys were trying to get the Ford Van out of the yard (they had bought it and the Caddy from the guy before I got there)  and onto a trailer that was not big enough to hold the trailer. They said they were going to take the tires off to make it fit. I looked at it and told them it still wasn't going on there. I gave them my card and told them when they gave up to let me know.

Then I went to meet with the home owner. He led me around behind a garage where there were probably 30 riding mowers and who knows how many push mowers in various states of decay and dis-assembly.

My phone rang. It was the two guys out front. They had given up on the van. They asked what I would pay them for it and I told them. They told me to take it. So I went back to the home owner.

After we negotiated the price we dropped the big trailer in his yard and went home to get some equipment.

The DragonFly went in Christine's bed then we hooked up the little trailer and put the Hemorrhoid, the mobile crane, and the largest of the tractor wagons up on it. Tossed in an air tank to air up the van tires, a couple of chains. Put the big tow bar in the back of the BlueOx and we left. I really didn’t give any thought to how much weight was on Christine till I noticed what a hard time Steph was having keeping up with me.

We got to the house again and put Heath in his playpen and we got to work.

First we unloaded all the junk out of the van. Found lots of mower blades, brand new car parts, and other stuff in it that we tossed in the big wagon.

Four of the worst tractors were picked up with the mobile crane and went in the van along with several push mowers with locked up engines. 2 riders went up on the little trailer. With the van sufficiently stuffed we turned our attention to getting the van out of the muddy yard.

Unfortunately there was a fence in the way of pulling it straight out. SO I put a snatch block on the back of Christine, put my long synthetic cable from the van thru the snatch block to the Blue ox and pulled it up to the edge of the road. Then we took the snatch block out and pulled the van out with the BlueOx. Got it hooked up to the tow bar. Tied every thing down. Loaded Heath up in his car seat ( he was having a ball in his playpen eating waffles and drinking water and playing with his toys. He didn't want to leave. Parked the Hemorrhoid and the DragonFly inside his locked fence and made our way home.

Once we got home we (and Heath was asleep in his seat) we quickly gutted the van – catalytic converter, radiator, AC condenser, aluminum running boards and ladder. They pulled it up in the driveway in case it rains.

Now it is time to rest and have dinner. Heath is absolutely filthy, but he had so much fun.

Tomorrow we go back up and load up the other tractors. There are three that I will probably keep. I will post pictures if they are deemed worthy.

Most of them are old Murry's and MTDs nothing to get excited over, but there are those three....

• KennyP, HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#531 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 07:17 PM

Tomorrow we go back up and load up the other tractors. 

Most of them are old Murry's and MTDs nothing to get excited over, but there are those three....

Geez Uncle Willie......you gonna make us wait aren't ya!  

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#532 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 07:22 PM

Yup

#533 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 07:32 PM

Yup

Must be some good steel in those 3 then!  I see at least one 3 point hitch!  Gotta clean my crystal ball, kinda blurry & I can't get a clear reading.

#534 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 11:17 PM

You three lead interesting lives Willie, and have fun besides. Every day is an adventure!

#535 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 04:18 AM

:watch_over_fence: :watching_you:

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#536 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 08:49 AM

:watch_over_fence: :watching_you:

I bet Kenny is thinking the same thing........ Craftsman FF !

#537 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 09:32 AM

I bet Kenny is thinking the same thing........ Craftsman FF !

:D

#538 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 07:53 PM

Long, tiring, productive day.

The alarm went off this morning and I promptly smacked the snooze button. It went off again. I smacked it again. It went off a thrid time. I figured it wasn't taking the hint so I went ahead and got up.

Coffee went once again straight into the thermos. We loaded up and got to the scrap yard as they were opening up. Steph drove Christine over to the steel pile. I went to the crusher with the van behind the BlueOx.

After we weighed out Steph took the BlueOx to Gastonia to pick up the slave, Justin. I collected our cash and then took Christine to pay the power bill then drove up to Newton to meet with a guy about a job.

While I was tied up Steph and Justin worked on pulling tractors out of the weeds.

I arrived on the job at 11:30 with a bag full of Sonic hamburgers. Heath was in his playpen having a ball. I gave him half a burger and it disappeared almost instantly. He ate almost the whole burger himself. I think he may have been hungry.

While I was feeding Heath Steph and Justin came out riding on the DragonFly with a tractor swinging from the mobile crane. Justin was standing on the tongue of the crane because Steph doesn't weigh enough to keep the back tires on the ground.

After lunch I took the DragonFLy and made a better path to the tractors. I had to move a telephone pole and then charge through some briars but it saved a bunch of time over the path they were taking.

Steph took the Hemorrhoid and the wagon and started loading up little things while Justin and I worked on moving out the tractors.

One both trucks were loaded we came home to unload. I am sure my neighbors think I am starting a mower repair business.

In 2 loads on both trucks we moved out 18 tractors, 3 tillers, about 50 push mowers, and an unknown quantity of misc steel. There is one mower deck that has grown into a tree. I tried my best to pull it free with the DragonFly but it wouldn't budge. Going to take an ax tomorrow.

There are 2 more tractors and more junk to get tomorrow.

We worked from 7 this morning to 8 this evening. I am worn out. Steph is worn out. Justin is barely breathing. Heath is running around like the energizer bunny.

Tomorrow at 7 it all starts again.

As for the 3 keepers. It was too dark to take pictures. Sorry one more day.

• olcowhand, KennyP, backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#539 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 08:00 PM

Heath's saying "Go Daddy Go!

#540 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 08:16 AM

As for the 3 keepers. It was too dark to take pictures. Sorry one more day.

Sure it was!  You just wanna keep us in suspense!  :(   At least you apologized. :smilewink: