wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 05:18 PM

Got a few things accomplished today. 

c1ba435e56db8af8877ab12c32f2c1d9.jpg

We rolled out of bed and went out to get the trailer hooked up to BettyBlue. SInce there was no trailer jack it took some doing.

Then we rolled up to Conover to a repeat customers house to load up some stuff. 

We got this nice little Wheel Horse.

wheel.jpg

wheel1.jpg

And an unusual Toro push mower. 

wheel2.jpg

wheel4.jpg

( Steph went out to take pics of it and came back with this number. I have no idea where it is on the mower. )

wheel3.jpg

On the way home we had to stop twice to restrain the Wheel Horse. We got it tied down and hit teh highway. 

For a little while at least. That shredded tire, Well that happened a short time later. It was on the back of the trailer. Fortunately I had told Steph to grab the spare before we left. 

We stopped for gas and to run into TSC then headed home. 

The PO of the trailer had welded the tongue jack on - with about 47 welding rods. There was literally a half inch of weld on one side. At least a half inch tall it was a good 2 inches wide. I went though 8 cutting wheels before it finally gave up after using a ratchet strap to pull it back and forth. 

I poked three holes in the tongue, then we had to hunt for bolts. After going through the shop I remembered that somewhere there was a tool box full of neatly organized bolts. Problem was I couldn't remember where it was.  Finally I remembered. In the KFC Tractor shed (that has no tractors in it). 

I snagged some bolts and we got the jack bolted on.  I only paid $5 for the jack so it was well worth the expenditure in cut off wheels. 

We also got a little battery powered ride on car for Heath. The guys grand daughter had ripped the wiring out of it while " working on it". We turned our attention to it and in short order figured out how to make it run. There were three hot wires. When I hooked up one the motor ran non stop. The second one made the motor run non stop, and it made a hissing noise and the wire got hot. The third one the motor worked the way it should. SO I hooked that one up. I have no idea what the others are for. Maybe one day I will find a wiring diagram. We hooked it to the battery charger and left it. 

I was starting to hurt from bending. I came in and sat down. 

Heath got home and found his car. He rode it around the yard for almost an hour before it died. I may try to find a bigger battery for it. It has a tiny one in it now. A bigger one will just be more fun for him. 

Edited by UncleWillie, February 06, 2018 - 05:19 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#5327 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,988 Thanks
  • 47,152 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 05:31 PM

Glad you felt like getting out! That's a good looking WH mower!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#5328 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 06:46 PM

Glad you felt like getting out! That's a good looking WH mower!

It is supposed to run. I have the carb soaking in Seafoam right now. Tomorrow I will see if it will fire up. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#5329 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 10,927 Thanks
  • 6,384 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 09:49 PM

Look up the bigger battery mods. They make those little cars fly
  • Craig. said thank you

#5330 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 7,489 Thanks
  • 4,588 posts

Posted February 06, 2018 - 10:14 PM

The Razor types are good also. Logan wore out one of their Quads. I have the motor and controller from one of the scooters pretty beefy. 

• Craig. said thank you

#5331 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted February 07, 2018 - 04:01 PM

Not a thing got done today.

Indian_Monsoon_coffee_bag_beans_0b9ee66a

IT was raining when I woke up, still raining now. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#5332 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 09:06 PM

A Liberty will cost him his freedom.

image2.jpeg

Today we had to go back to Morganton to get a Ford Explorer from the same house we got the Jeep Liberty.

The drive up was uneventful. 

When we got to the house a different guy was there, but the same woman who was there when we got the Blazer from there last year.  The yard was full of clothes and stuff. I asked if she was moving. She told me she had thrown the other guy, Micheal (hereafter known as skumballs), out, and it was all his stuff sitting out in the weather.

Then I asked if he had tole her anything about the title on the Jeep. She got a very odd look on her face. She said I needed to contact the guy who skumballs had got the Jeep from. She said she wouldn't tell me any more. 

We headed home. 

There was a discount store that we both wanted to look in, but it has been closed every time we have gone by. It was open. So we went in. We snagged a couple of things and headed home. 

We promptly got stuck in the mud at the house. So Gertie had to pull BettyBlue and the Explorer out. 

Once she was back on firm ground, I took a look through the Jeep. I thought I would find a registration and then have to go through the police to find the guy. However, he bought a gun a while back and the bill of sale with his phone number was on it. 

I called him. After some conversation I found that skumballs had told him he had repaired the Jeep. He had not. He told him that he would be returning the Jeep today. He couldn't I had it. After some conversation I discovered that the owner, Jesse, had given skumballs all his money to work on the Jeep.  

After thinking about it I told him I would bring the Jeep back to him and we could go file charges against skumballs.

I got the Jeep back to Jesse and we headed out. I followed him and his wife.

At the Morganton PD we talked with a tiny little officer who was so cute I wanted to pinch her. I refrained. 

She took the information and told us she would be back. She went to make some phone calls. 

After a bit she came out and said the unfortunately we didn't have any felony charges that could be pressed. She had called the DA and the magistrate. I asked her if she could at least tase him a couple of times and video it when they found him. He has many other charges pending. She actually recognized his name when we told her. 

I asked her about skumballs keeping the license plate. She smiled and said that misdemeanor charges could be filed for that. IT was a letdown, but it was something. Jesse and his wife left with her to go to the magistrate's office. I headed back to get my tow dolly out of their front yard. 

I got home and was starting to type this up, when I got a call from Jesse. Once he told the full story to the magistrate he was told that they would file charges against skumballs for the $850 he was out because he had such a strong  case. Then she told him I had a felony case against him and I needed to come file charges. She said I could call the PD and get things started. 

I called PD and I am waiting on her to call me back. 

I have to go back to Morganton tomorrow anyway, so I will make sure charges are all properly filed. 

#5333 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 42,900 Thanks
  • 31,942 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 09:14 PM

Glad you didn't get wrapped up in Skumball's crap any deeper.  You sure did right by doing detective work!

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#5334 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted February 08, 2018 - 11:27 PM

Just talked to PD again. Charges are being filed and he is being picked up as we speak. 

#5335 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 5,839 Thanks
  • 5,421 posts

Posted February 09, 2018 - 11:15 PM

This says uncle Willie.
FB_IMG_1518185835356.jpg
  • olcowhand, Alc, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#5336 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,196 Thanks
  • 945 posts

Posted February 10, 2018 - 03:18 AM

Nice one Willie

#5337 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 06:20 PM

Waded outside for a bit today. 

wood_stork_and_blue_heron_wading_coffee_

I was awakened at 725 by the sound of Gertie roaring to life. I grabbed my robe and shoes and staggered out in to the slop. 

Steph was taking Emily to class( her car refused to go into gear last night til she shifted it into first then manually went back up through the gears, then it worked perfectly, I told her not to drive it til we could look at it) and managed to sink BettyBlue. When I got out she was attempting to push the truck in high gear. I thought she was going to punt it through the neighbors living room. Once she put it in low it chugged right on out.

Since I didn't sleep good at all last night, I came back in and tried to decide if I was going back to sleep or not. 

At 8 the dogs started barking. I looked out and saw a red pickup in front of MawMaw Wanders house, and two guys standing in the road. 

I grabbed pants, a shirt, and my pistol, and waded back out. I asked what they needed. They said their dog. I asked where it was and they said it was in Wanda's back yard, but she has no trespassing signs up. I told them I was allowed to trespass and I attempted to get the dog. She had no intentions of being caught.

They had just bought a house down the road and when they were moving stuff in, Luca got out. 

She ran to my yard and we chased her around some more. I came in and got her a piece of roast beef. She was hip to that trick. She wanted to explore. When she was finally lassoed I gave her the roast. I have a new friend.

NO chance of sleeping, so I came in and made coffee.

Steph dropped Emily off then went up to Northern tool to get a hose reel, and to the feed store in Claremont to get cheap rabbit feed.

She got back and we went out to check on Emily's car. It had plenty of trans fluid. NO check engine lights. NO clue why it malfunctioned. Steph took it to get Emily from school. 

They got back and we went out to the shop. In the cleanup we found all of my missing ratchets. She had an armful of them. I didn't know I had so many. I also found the missing die grinder.

When we got about 80% done I got Heath's Power Wheels into the shop and pulled it apart. One of the wheel drive gearboxes has a broken gear. He can have a one wheel drive for a while. 

I walked out to get something out of the truck and found the cylinder release for my pistol laying in the floor. The screw was nowhere in sight. I have not taken it out of the holster since last time I drove the truck. I am just glad I found the release. 

Steph got the remaining 20% cleaned up ( it was stuff on the floor that I was not bending over to get) and I looked up the part for Heath's car online. I can get the whole gearbox for $17. Woooooooooo I will have $27 invested in the car. LOL

Once we finished cleaning out the shop I got in BettyBlue and went down to Ace. I searched all through thier gun screws and finally found a 4-48 screw, but it was an inch long. I got a gun screw gauge too because they didn't have any nuts to fit. Grand total $2.27. I did get some funny looks from people while I was standing there was my pistol (unloaded of course) poking screws into the side of it. 

Back home I ran the screw into the gauge block and got the grinder out. I had to grind into the block to get it short enough. Now I can release my cylinder. I actually could without it, but it hurt my thumb.

Finally, I locked up the shop and came in.

My back was just starting to hurt. It was a good time to call it a day. 

Edited by UncleWillie, February 12, 2018 - 06:36 PM.

#5338 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,988 Thanks
  • 47,152 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 07:05 PM

A little soggy there I assume!

• Craig. said thank you

#5339 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted February 12, 2018 - 07:14 PM

A little soggy there I assume!

Soggy enough that I have banished all vehicles to the tiny driveway way far from the house instead of parking in the yard. 

Two guys on gondolas just went past the living room window.

And it is raining again. 

#5340 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted February 14, 2018 - 10:35 PM

Tired, fell down twice and wrenched my back, mother in law is coming tomorrow. Tonight i drink whiskey.
  • olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks