#5236 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted December 19, 2017 - 02:37 PM

All I could do is shake my head, usually give me no issues at the local scrap yard, last load I hauled the young guy there decided to pick my load apart, and told me that I had to take any steel cable back with me because it would jam there shredder, had to scale 5 times, I wasn't exactly a happy camper.

Steel cable of any length will jam a shredder bad. And it isn't easy to get out either. 

Sometimes you get a new guy, or just a guy in a bad mood who makes life miserable. 

Edited by UncleWillie, December 19, 2017 - 02:45 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#5237 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted December 19, 2017 - 04:25 PM

The yard is getting cleaner. 

how-to-repair-small-appliances-26.jpg

I woke up and was moving slow. Steph said she would load up the electric motors and take them so I could rest. 

However, an odd noise in the yard got our attention. She looked and found the guy who bought Christine out front. I was actually hoping he wanted to sell her back. He didn't. The power steering bracket had broken and he wanted to know how I fixed it before. At some point someone else had a part welded up on the bottom of the bracket. It broke. I told him to take it to the welding shop down the road, He left. 

Steph started loading up motors. After a bit I went out and sat on a stool and used the tailgate of BettyBlue as a work bench to take a bunch of well pump motors apart. I am sure we will find more of them as we dig out the scrap pile more. There were a lot of below ground pumps and 8 or so above grounds. Then there were a bunch of air brush compressors that we have no idea where they came from. 

Once they were all loaded up I got on Gertie and loaded up a huge electric motor. It was over 100 pounds. 

The we tossed some scrap steel in the dump trailer. 

Steph headed out to the scrap yard. I came in to sit. 

Heath got home at 3. He is out for Christmas vacation after today. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#5238 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted December 19, 2017 - 08:14 PM

We heard back from the doc this afternoon. They said he has an infection called CMV I had never heard of it before, and a small spot of Pneumonia - which can be caused by the CMV.  In other news, he has an appetite like a teenager. He came in from school, ate a bowl of cereal, wanted more, I told him to wait till dinner. He ate his dinner - chicken and taters, then wanted a PB&J, then he wanted a bowl of cereal, then he had a chocolate pudding, now he is wanting mac and cheese. I honestly don't know where the 39 pound youngun is putting it. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#5239 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,949 Thanks
  • 47,132 posts

Posted December 20, 2017 - 05:42 AM

Better get ready to buy him new clothes, he's fixin' to out grow what he's in now!

• Craig. said thank you

#5240 furbis OFFLINE  

furbis
  • Member No: 84848
  • 13 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted December 20, 2017 - 09:54 AM

When our boys were around Heaths age they would eat just like that for a while when they went through a growth spurt. Probably also means he's feeling much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  • Craig., UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#5241 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,196 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted December 21, 2017 - 02:50 PM

Better get ready to buy him new clothes, he's fixin' to out grow what he's in now!

Agreed 

#5242 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 811 Thanks
  • 276 posts

Posted December 22, 2017 - 06:32 AM

Our son went through a stage when we couldn't keep him filled up. It lasted 3 years or so. He sprouted over 2 feet in height over 3 years. Bad timing, as that was when he attempted basket ball.... His eye to hand and floor distance was constantly changing......
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#5243 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted December 22, 2017 - 03:04 PM

Emily had her first breakdown in her car.

25399083_1566343343444563_4632796607409662356_n.jpg

Last night she went to spent the night with her cousin. She sent me a text about 1130 that the check engine light had come on in her car. I asked if the temp or oil gauge had moved. She said the temp gauge was pegged. I told her not to drive the car again till I got there to look at it. I told her I would come this morning. 

We slept in. Evidently they did too because she had not texted me the address yet. I told her I would be there as soon as I got the address. She sent it. We grabbed the tow dolly just in case, and left. 

The scan tool only showed low coolant codes. The radiator was empty. I filled it up and Steph took it for a drive. She got it hot and the thermostat opened like it should. It didn't spray coolant, smoke, or overheat. I guess she got lucky. 

ON the way home I got a message about a scrap car close to the house. Since we had the dolly we went on.

We got there and a guy who appeared to be on something greeted us. The neighbor, who was definitely on something came out and asked for a cigarette. I didn't have one.  Something about the car was suspicious.

The car got more and more suspicious the longer we were there. I elected to leave without it. 

Steph is out back slaughtering the Christmas duck. My back is not happy so I am down for the day. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#5244 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted December 23, 2017 - 05:48 PM

Mysterious vanishing noises.

disappearing_coffee_metal_ornament-r613b

Sam called me last night to tell me that his van was self destructing. I told him to bring it by today.

I woke up and Steph and Heath were gone shopping. 

Around 12 Sam showed up. We waited till Steph got home to go out because I wasn't bending all that well. 

She got home around 1. 

Sam and I took the van for a test drive and found absolutely nothing wrong. HE said it made a noise in a right turn after pulling out of a parking space. I drove it round and round in circles, pulled in and out of parking spots, basically drove like a madman in a church parking lot. It never made a sound. 

We cam back home. He did say the oil light came on when he stopped fast. I figured out why, it had nothing showing on the dipstick. He said he had oil in the van. He put it in  while I sent Steph to get BettyBlue. I got on Gertie and then realized I didn't have the keys. I sent Sam for them. 

Since the jack on the small trailer is broken, I used Gertie to push the back of the trailer down. Steph backed BB under the hitch, Sam hooked it up. 

Then we rode down to Reid's to get a broken chest freezer. 

I didn't realize how long it had been since I saw him last. It was over a year. In that time both his mother (who has been in bad health for a long time) and his dog died. 

Sam had riven his van down there since he didn't want to ride in the back of BB. SO he headed home. He did tell me he only put a half a quart of oil in it. I told him to stop and get more. 

Back home I got a call from the guy who bought Christine. He found a van he wants and asked if I wanted to buy ti back. I do. We will meet up after Christmas. I have missed the little pile of junk. 

#5245 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 10,894 Thanks
  • 6,369 posts

Posted December 23, 2017 - 08:42 PM

Christine's home for Christmas.
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#5246 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted December 25, 2017 - 01:54 PM

25594318_10156226454354739_9052088390704

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#5247 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,949 Thanks
  • 47,132 posts

Posted December 25, 2017 - 01:58 PM

Same to you, UW!

• Craig. said thank you

#5248 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted December 27, 2017 - 02:47 PM

Not much happening.

meh_boring_coffee_mug-rc203c06886b44d23a

Heath has been running around like a lunatic playing with all his new toys.

I have had lots of calls about cars, but no one has wanted me to come get one yet. OH well. I needed a break. 

#5249 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted December 29, 2017 - 07:51 PM

Well winter is here. 

A-Guy-Slipping-On-Ice.jpg

CHRISTINE IS BACK!!!! Sorry no pics. I forgot. still looks just like it always has.

This morning I was laying in bed, debating on whether or not to go back to sleep. when Tim called. HE needed me to look at a truck he was working on. SO I got dressed and headed down. 

HE had a 97 S10 Pickup on the lift that had a noise in the drive train. He thought it was the u joints, but I didn't think so they had no slack in them. After some poking and prodding we decided to drive it. 

Almost instantly I heard the noise. An odd thumping from the back of the truck. When we got out on the road I got in the bed of the truck and listened while he drove it. After about 50 feet I knew it was emanating from the center of the driveline, not the ends. So we went back to the shop and got it back up on the lift. 

The owner of the truck showed up as we were looking at it. He insisted it was u joints. I kept showing him they were tight. Then I got Tim's grease gun and greased the center slip yoke (2 piece shaft) and the noise went away. Amazing what grease does. We did show him he needs a new carrier bearing since his is about gone. 

I headed home. 

Sam was here. His van wasn't steering right. I looked at it and the power steering pump is shot. It is pouring out of the pump. I told him I wasn't happy about having to replace that right now. He just needs to make do for a while. 

Then we loaded up tools in BettyBlue. Sam followed me in his van since we were headed in the direction he lives. 

We went down tot a pull a part lot in Shelby.

One of the first trucks I looked at had the hood laying in front of it. Being that it wasn't cold I didn't give a second though to stepping on it without looking. Bad move. IT was full of ice. I nearly killed myself. I wrenched my back really good. 

After searching thru every S10 they had we finally found a power steering bracket for Christine. I have had the one that was on it welded up once. It broke on the guy who bought it. I guess she didn't like him. 

The junkyards dog was in the office going all spazzoid with a ball. We played with him a bit.

Sam wanted Arby's so I led him down back roads across town. The cashier really thought he was something. She kept coming over to the table to make sure he didn't need anything. LOL. 

HE headed home. I headed for Autozone. I had to get some engine degreaser for the bracket. It was more grease than aluminum. 

I got home and sent Steph a text to come out. I wanted her to get the tools out of the bed. She said no. I asked why. She was gone with a friend. Her graduating class was having a get together so they went. Her friend Anna picked her up. 

SO I staggered in and got on my massaging cushion. 

Tomorrow we have to take Emily;'s Honda down to get the Takata airbag recall done on it. She is out of town so she doesn't need it for a couple of days. 

#5250 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted December 31, 2017 - 06:31 PM

• olcowhand, Craig., CRFarnsworth and 1 other said thanks