#5191 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted November 29, 2017 - 08:09 PM

Is your dolly the type with the swivel plate? If so check the center bolt, if that loosens up will cause a sway. Also a loose fitting hitch receiver may cause it

It has a swivel, but the broken car was what was swaying. I didn't look under it, but I think something in the rear suspension was broken. The Nissan didn't sway at all. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#5192 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 896 posts

Posted November 30, 2017 - 11:06 AM

Good luck on auction!

#5193 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted November 30, 2017 - 04:48 PM

I'm leaking money.

il_340x270.1158656820_79m6.jpg

I was exhausted after yesterday. I am not sure why because I didn't do all that much.

I was sleeping in and Steph went out to murder bunnies. She came in and said Gunner had hurt his leg. She had the dogs in the pen tossing them bunny parts over the fence. One time she turned aroudn and Gunner was standing there with his leg pointing the wrong direction. He never made a sound.

I looked at it and it didn't appear to be broken. I told her to finish up the bunnies she was working on and then take him to the vet. My back was in knots.

She left and a short time later came back with him actin like nothing ever happened. She said the vet looked at it, moved his leg, it popped, Gunner hopped off the table and started running around like a nut. He dislocated his elbow. 

When Heath got off the bus we headed down to a gals house who sells all kinds of stuff. I got a tongue jack, an air tank, Steph got some vitamins, and I got her friend Anna a push mower. Grand total $100.The push mower runs, it just needs bolts in the handle.

They also had a pile of scrap metal that we tossed in the truck. Not much, but it all adds up eventually. 

We got home and unloaded the truck. Heath came inside and Carmel came running out. I did notice that Gunner wasn't barking, but I figured the pain meds had knocked him out. 

I came in and sat. Steph came in later and asked where Gunner was. She went to Emily's room and she was gone. They went for a walk. I called her and said to cut it short. She didn't' know he got hurt. It sure didn't slow him down much, he loves his walks. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#5194 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted December 02, 2017 - 05:38 PM

Fairly easy for a Saturday. 

OS_1918-truck.jpg

We all slept in today. Even Heath didn't get up till 10.

I got a call from a gal who wanted us to come get a refrigerator. I told her we would come this afternoon. She said she would not be home just come get it. 

After a bit we got going. The fridge was just in south Gastonia so it was a short drive to get it. When it was loaded we headed over to Lidl. 

We left with lots of groceries. 

He headed home and got Gertie to unload the fridge. Once that was tossed in the dump trailer we started on small engines. 

I was tinkering with Delilah (the Ransome), I got the cable clamps on the steering cable,

24331352_10156156158424739_329650982_n.j

24282362_10156156159099739_207137378_n.j

Not perfect, but it steers.

When it came time to start it, we found that we had no gas at all. I sent Steph to the station. 

Almost as soon as she left, Tim pulled in. He looked around a bit and found some stuff he wanted to do some trading on. 

Steph got home and we got the push mower we bought yesterday started. She headed off with it. 

I went to Delilah and after some fiddling got her started. Then I moved her out of the way. She has been sitting in a bad spot for a while.

Tim headed home. 

I had Steph bring the string mower over to the work area and we got it started.

I got the Dewalt pressure washer (12hp Honda- I think) started and let it run. Then I turned my attention to the 9 hp Honda.  I pulled the rope and it popped once. I had Steph put some gas in it because what was in the tank looked a bit funky. It would not start for anything. I nearly dislocated my spleen pulling the rope. I looked at the on off switch. Steph had hit it and trned it off. No wonder it wouldn't start. IT started on the first pull. 

Now I am sitting in my recliner listening to 4 engines running in the back yard. I have a couple more that need to be run dry for the winter, but they can wait till tomorrow. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#5195 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted December 03, 2017 - 06:12 PM

I was too nice. 

SONice946mL_Barista_EN_1000px-400x536.pn

I had a car to pick up today from a guy that I have gotten several other from. They guy is twitchy. I mean like he is high on something. I don't know if he is, or if he is just a person who cannot be still. 

I told him last night I would call him today to get the address. He called me at about 11 and said to be there at 330.He didn't have an address but he told me about where it was and I knew the area. Not much out there

We left here at 245 because I thought it was further away than it was. I called him and he said he was trying to get an air tank because it had flat tires. I told him I would go back home and get mine. 

SO we did. I was back there at 345. 

We got the tires aired up and the guy was all over the car. It wasn't even his car. IT belonged to his friend, who was standing there like a lost cat. One of the air tanks would not work on the tire. I could fill the other tank up with it when it was empty. I think it needs a new end on it. 

We got the tires aired up and then pulled it around front with BettyBlue. 

While Steph did the paperwork the guy was ll over the car again. I had already paid for it so I told him it wasn't his to crawl through. I said it nicely. He said he was trying to see if it had a spare ( which would not have been in the glovebox). I told him if a tire went flat I would drag it home on the rim. 

I was hurting pretty bad. My back wasn't happy at all. 

Steph tried to hook the winch to something ,but it would not hold. Then guy jumped over and started trying to hook it to everything, I was going to wrap the cable around the radiator and bumper, but he insisted that it had to be hooked on whatever he was looking at. 

I couldn't bend over to see what it was, and I just wanted to leave. I tried to pull. It slipped. When it did it jammed the cable up in the cross member of the car. I pulled it on up knowing it wasn't coming back out. Then he was trying to snatch the cable out. I told him it could sit there till I got home and could take two bolts out to let it come out without chewing up the cable. He kept saying he could get it out. I kept trying to tell him nicely that it would mess up my cable. He kept saying he would get a hammer. I finally had to get firm with him. I think it scared him a bit. But he left it alone.

I ran out some slack so it wouldn't be binding up any more and we left. I was exhausted from just 20 minutes with him. 

We had no problems getting home. 

Steph had to tutor tonight so we unhooked the tow dolly and set the winch on top of the car. I figured I would deal with it tomorrow. 

After we ate she left to tutor. About 20 minutes later she called and said the clutch on BettyBlue went out finally. It has only been bad for over a year now. I am a bit amazed it lasted this long. 

She is having AAA tow it to Tim's house. We will put it up on his lift tomorrow and fix it. It shouldn't be too bad  I hope. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#5196 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted December 04, 2017 - 04:05 PM

IT was broken worse than I suspected. 

54e6b47d829bdd9d99d9d527568397dd--mechan

At 845 headed down to TIm's. Right off the bat we had a problem. Steph ran the battery dead with the hazard lights last night. Tim pulled his big e350 van over and jumped it off The truck would not move at all. Since it had a tire chock under the back tire it wasn't going anywhere.

He went to fire up his little John Deere. It had a dead battery. However the Power King next to it had a new one. We jumpstarted the JD and he pushed the truck off the chock. 

He has his forklift attachment on the loader. when ht pushed the truck up on the lift the hitch ball got hung on the loader. IT took some doing to get the pin out of the hitch to get it out.

We got started pulling it apart. 

We had things well underway when Steph's alarm went off. She had to take Emily to work. I told her to go get the parts on the way back. I don't think she was out of the driveway good when we got the clutch out.

9kxspn8om6RJYmWh0JE2faGC2mSqgDfwTR8c6vpQn0o.jpg

Tim and I sat and chewed the fat for a bit. Then he got a call. One of his customers had the front end loader fall off their TC30. 

The cows were very interested. 

Tim just traded for a beautiful 65 Ford dump truck. We took it over to the guys property. Turns out the problem was poor maintenance. 6 of 8 bolts that hold the loader to the front arm were gone. We got it lifted back into place and told him what bolts to buy. 

24726650_10156163446394739_776212691_n.j

We got back to Tim's shop and waited.

Eventually, Steph came back. She had all but two parts and had to go up to Lincolnton to get them. While she did that we installed the clutch, and every thing else we had parts for.

She got back and we got things buttoned up. My back was screaming. I almost couldn't get out from under the lift. 

Steph took it for a test drive. She came back and it was idling about 1800 rpm. She also said it had no brakes. I opened the hood and nearly got my beard sucked off my face, the brake booster line was off.  Both problems solved.

When we got home it was time for Steph to go get Emily. I waited for Heath to get off the bus. After he did I got in the shower. Now I am sitting here, hurting like mad, barely able to keep my eyes open. How does a simple clutch job wear you out so much. 

Edited by UncleWillie, December 04, 2017 - 07:26 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#5197 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted December 04, 2017 - 06:43 PM

I have never seen a clutch fail like that one did! And I used to run serious HP into a 4-speed!

• Craig. said thank you

#5198 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted December 04, 2017 - 06:50 PM

I have never seen a clutch fail like that one did! And I used to run serious HP into a 4-speed!

I've had the same happen to the clutch on our "Big Dipper" rear steer loader.  Blew out the center just like that!

• Craig. said thank you

#5199 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted December 05, 2017 - 02:48 PM

Ow ow ow ow

51c0ECurRSL._SX355_.jpg

I woke up very early, and very painfully this morning. I tried to get up but my back wasn't having it. I laid there and did some stretches and finally fell asleep again. 

Steph got up and went shopping. She thought I was asleep when she did. I wasn't. I heard her go out and have to try three times to start BettyBlue. I guess she was sore after surgery. 

Graham texted that his truck wouldn't start th is morning and he took his wife's car to work.  I told him when Steph got back I would go look at it. 

I spent about 2 hours on my massaging cushion. Then moved to the recliner.

When she got home we went across the street. The negative battery terminal was loose. 

I came back to sit in my recliner some more. Tomorrow I will try to get out and do something. Today is a wash. 

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#5200 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

G-agressive tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 9,311 Thanks
  • 4,948 posts

Posted December 05, 2017 - 04:51 PM

So, how many RPM's did Steph have Betty Blue turning when the clutch let go?  :poke:

Edited by Gtractor, December 05, 2017 - 04:52 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#5201 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 09:30 AM

So, how many RPM's did Steph have Betty Blue turning when the clutch let go?  :poke:

Probably stop light drag racing. You know how women are.

• Gtractor, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#5202 Greasy6020 OFFLINE  

Greasy6020
  • Member No: 78477
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 1,397 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 09:35 AM

Probably stop light drag racing. You know how women are.

How many gears did steph get through before the clutch ate it?
  • Craig. said thank you

#5203 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 09:40 AM

How many gears did steph get through before the clutch ate it?

The real question is, did she win?

• Craig., KennyP and Greasy6020 have said thanks

#5204 Greasy6020 OFFLINE  

Greasy6020
  • Member No: 78477
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 1,397 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 09:46 AM

The real question is, did she win?

Dunno... Tell her all the folks on gttalk wanna know if she won!
  • Craig. said thank you

#5205 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 9,450 Thanks
  • 4,749 posts

Posted December 06, 2017 - 10:25 AM

Careful boys, I'm sure she's capable of telling you in terms you can all understand .

• Craig., KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks