Gtractor

G-agressive tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 9,335 Thanks
  • 4,956 posts

Posted November 26, 2017 - 07:52 PM

Out of boredom I have been going back through this thread and saving it.

Most people wish I'd just delete my thread.   :spamani:

• Craig. said thank you

#5177 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,214 Thanks
  • 31,437 posts

Posted November 26, 2017 - 07:55 PM

Not true at all!  Now my thread....it's kinda boring since closing the dairy operation down.

• Gtractor and Craig. have said thanks

#5178 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,974 Thanks
  • 10,004 posts

Posted November 26, 2017 - 08:18 PM

Not true at all!  Now my thread....it's kinda boring since closing the dairy operation down.

Yeah, it kinda went tits up at that point.
  • olcowhand, Gtractor and Craig. have said thanks

#5179 GM2SLO ONLINE  

GM2SLO
  • Member No: 28859
  • 60 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted November 26, 2017 - 09:45 PM

Not thats funny right there,don't care who you are !

Bob

• olcowhand, Craig. and Cat385B have said thanks

#5180 916hydro OFFLINE  

916hydro
  • Member No: 87046
  • 74 Thanks
  • 71 posts

Posted November 27, 2017 - 01:22 AM

Dang that doesn't look good. What happened.

IN other news....

Out of boredom I have been going back through this thread and saving it. I can tell where I was on pain meds because some parts are almost unreadable due to the typos.

I wasn't driving, friends first time pulling a dolly, hit a bump on the interstate going way too fast flipped the truck and the car on the dolly, landed on a broken down car full of people.
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#5181 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,417 Thanks
  • 45,945 posts

Posted November 27, 2017 - 05:48 AM

I read them all guys! Nice to hear how you days are going!

• olcowhand, Gtractor and Craig. have said thanks

#5182 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted November 27, 2017 - 01:20 PM

I wasn't driving, friends first time pulling a dolly, hit a bump on the interstate going way too fast flipped the truck and the car on the dolly, landed on a broken down car full of people.

Dang. Hopefully no one was seriously injured. 

Using a tow dolly is not a time to be speeding. Slow and steady is the key. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#5183 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted November 28, 2017 - 07:55 AM

That danged old Murphy....

IMAG1461.jpg

I was supposed to go pick Steph and Heath up at the airport at 1am. So I went to bed earlyish on Sunday night and slept in on Monday. I figured I would be home and in bed by 230 or so. 

I was sitting here enjoying watching TV and I got a phone call from a number I had never seen before from Virginia. I answered. It was Steph. The bus had stopped in Warfield, Va at a truck stop for a 15 minute break. She and Heath got off and went in to get a sub sandwich. 10 minutes later the bus left. She had her purse, but her phone was on the bus charging. 

She used the truck stops phone to call Greyhound. They said they had no way to contact the bus and she could try to catch another bus at the truck stop IF they stopped there. She spent three hours going to every bus that stopped. None were coming to Charlotte. She called me.

I got online and used the tracking app to see where her phone was. Sure enough it was on 85 heading south, and it was moving at a good clip too. Greyhound was not answering the phones. 

I posed on Facebook (for those who didn't see it I have 2 pages, some of you are on the business one, some are on the other. If you want the other one let me know) that I was headed to VA to get her. Before I could get out of the driveway I got a message from a friend who was 30 minutes away from her that he would bring her this direction and we could meet up. I gave him the phone number of the truck stop and headed up to Charlotte at 1130. 

ON the way up I saw: a guy in the trees by a local church with a small fire warming himself - I guess, 7 fire trucks at a hotel close to the airport, a mobile phone place with cops all around it and the front door smashed, and several ..ummm....ladies for hire close to the bus station. I say ladies, when I worked security close to there I know at least one of them who wore nice dresses was not a female. 

I got to the terminal at 1256 and the gal working there acted like I was inconveniencing her asking ab out the bus. Since it was close to time for it to be there I went back outside to wait. It smelled better out there. 

The security guard said buses leave people all the time. They never stay at a stop as long as they say they will. 

The bus got there and I had to wait for everyone to get off before I could get on. When I got on there was a woman at the back of the bus in the seat Steph said her phone was in. Unfortunately the woman was deaf and could not tell me where the phone went. It was not in the seat. Fortunately, another woman said that a gal with a ponytail had the phone. 

I went inside and there was no one with a pony tail. I finally yelled, if anyone has a phone they found I am looking for it. A gal with a hoodie pulled over her head, who was standing in the line for the counter, said she had it, she also had the laptop and the charger.

I put them in the truck and then went to find the other luggage. I had no idea what was hers and wound up having to check the labels on everything. As I was taking the last thing to the truck an employee asked if the stuff was mine. I told him no it was my wife's. That was it. I could have stolen the whole pile of luggage at that point. 

I got on the road and headed north. I called and told them what exit I was at and to figure out where to meet. They said exit 130. I was at 43. 

As I got close Steph called and said there was no exit 130 they were at 129. I was at 126. They were in a subdivision driveway.

I got them, and thanked  Bob profusely. He refused to even let me give him gas money. Good guy. Believe it or not this is the first time I have ever met in him person. I have known him for about 10 years online. He does IT work for the prison system. I figured I could trust him. 

BettyBlue was needing oil, There was a Walmart at exit 123. We went there. The door on one side was propped open, we went in. It was empty. We walked almost all the way across the store before I even saw an employee. I asked where the cashiers were. She said they were closed and asked how we got in.  She walked us back to the door and closed it. I told her I could have stolen half the store and left with it. She laughed. 

There was a Waffle house close by and I had not had dinner. It was 230. We ate and then I checked the tool box for oil. I had some. I poured it in and we left. 

At 550 we pulled in the driveway. Heath woke up just long enough to fall asleep on the couch. Steph went right to sleep. I cannot. Oh well - Wanted Dead or Alive is on. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#5184 lrhredjb ONLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 699 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted November 28, 2017 - 09:18 AM

You sure lead an eventful life Uncle Willie. Glad it turned out ok on the bus trip.

• Craig. said thank you

#5185 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,214 Thanks
  • 31,437 posts

Posted November 28, 2017 - 12:47 PM

Wow, what a crazy day! It's amazing you found all Steph's stuff!
  • Craig. said thank you

#5186 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted November 29, 2017 - 06:05 PM

Things got done. 

il_fullxfull.1328527570_huxc.jpg

This morning I was still hurting. It took me a bit to get moving. Steph was gone to an interview so there wasn't much I could do anyhow. 

She came home and I got moving - slowly. Steph changed the flat tire on the tow dolly while I got dressed.

We got the tow dolly with the Buford on it hooked to BettyBlue and headed to the scrap yard. About a half mile later we turned around to get my wallet and Steph's purse. The straps got tightened back up on the Buick and we left again. 

The Buick really didn't want to go. At 32 mph on a flat road or down hill it tried to fishtail. I could get up to a whopping 37 on uphill climbs where gravity was working for me. It took way to long to get to the yard. I kept having to pull over to let people go by. It took 40 minutes to waddle to the scrap yard. 

We got unloaded, grabbed some cash, and headed home. 

IN no time Gertie had the Nissan pushed up on the dolly. I pulled the nice stereo out of it and it was ready to roll. We had to wait for Heath's bus, so no hurries. 

I took a look at the steering cable on the Ransome mower. I had not looked at it in a while and I had to figure out what to do with it. Since it is too long and I ran it differently, it was rubbing on a bracket. I did figure out that if I routed it the factory way I could overlap the ends and clamp them together. I didn't have any clamps though.

We then turned our attention to the engine in TheKracken. It had good compression on cyls 1,2,7,8 the other 4 were low. Not terribly, but when we cranked it over they were spraying antifreeze. The bad ones did have 150 psi each and looking in with the borescope the walls looked good. SO that engine will get pulled and put in the JollyGreenGiant.

I am bidding on a truck on Copart https://www.copart.com/lot/47307657/. If I win it will be my new work truck. Then I can start clearing the yard of non working trucks. 

Heath got home and we headed off to the scrap yard. It was much easier this time since I could do the speed limit.

Once we had money, we went across the road to TSC. 

I found some clamps, Steph got rabbit feed. Then she found a set of Gearwrenches on sale. She insisted we buy them. I didn't argue. Then I found a Crossman 760 bb rifle for $30. I have wanted one for teaching Heath so I got it. 

ONce TSC had our money, we headed home. 

I took Heath out back and we talked about what could be shot and what couldn't. Then I let him shoot the burn barrel a few times. He thought it was cool. He isn't big enough to pump it so no dangers of non supervised plinking. 

For dinner Steph made venison, rabbit, and bacon burgers ( Bambi, Bunny, Babe Burgers. LOL) They were delicious. 

#5187 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,214 Thanks
  • 31,437 posts

Posted November 29, 2017 - 06:11 PM

Good luck on the auction bidding.  Not that bad of shape at all!  Easy fix for the front.  When does auction end?  Keep us updated!

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#5188 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted November 29, 2017 - 06:35 PM

Good luck on the auction bidding.  Not that bad of shape at all!  Easy fix for the front.  When does auction end?  Keep us updated!

I have no idea when it ends. The last one I was watching just ended with no warning. 

I think I may have a part to two for it. 

#5189 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,417 Thanks
  • 45,945 posts

Posted November 29, 2017 - 06:41 PM

Good luck on the auction! Seems like low mileage!

• Craig. said thank you

#5190 916hydro OFFLINE  

916hydro
  • Member No: 87046
  • 74 Thanks
  • 71 posts

Posted November 29, 2017 - 07:29 PM

Is your dolly the type with the swivel plate? If so check the center bolt, if that loosens up will cause a sway. Also a loose fitting hitch receiver may cause it
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks