#5056 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 12:20 PM

I lost faith in GPS indicated speed since I was scrolling through features on my Blackberry while sitting on the pot with my pants around my ankles, and the GPS was trying to tell me I was moving SE at 4 mph.

The one on my phone can be a bit spotty. My Garmin seems to be dead on.

• KennyP said thank you

#5057 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 03:53 PM

Not a very exciting day.

Steph had an interview this morning. When she got back I left for the scrap yard. She stayed behind to bulldoze Heath's bedroom. She did find my missing battery for the cordless tools. 

I stopped on the way home and got two tubes of caulk. Sunday's rain introduced us to a leak around the front bathroom sink vent. We originally thought it was the oven exhaust fan. Turns out the two are close enough together it was coming in on one and running down the other. I used on tube on one vent and one of the other. Can't be too careful. 

Once I had the dump trailer and Gertrude put where they belonged my upper back was screaming. I came in and sat. 

When Heath go home he and Steph went to Ingle's. They have some super deal on pork roast that cannot be ignored. 

I did look on Amazon and found that I could get a spare tire for the tow dolly for half of what I cold get it for elsewhere. I bought one. I also got Steph some belts for her vacuum. Cleaning Heath's room was more than the old one could handle. LOL> 

I have been sitting here sharpening knives. Gotta do something. 

Attached Thumbnails

• XT619tI.jpg

Edited by UncleWillie, October 10, 2017 - 04:10 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#5058 cttandy OFFLINE  

cttandy
  • Member No: 87613
  • 103 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted October 13, 2017 - 05:07 AM

After 3 failed wiper control modules in the 99, I ordered an AC Delco from Amazon. It rained the whole way up to Mansfield, IN. Wipers worked flawless.
  • UncleWillie said thank you

#5059 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted October 13, 2017 - 08:54 PM

I took a couple of day to rest up. My back was getting weary. 

owl.jpg

I broke down and bought a TENS unit for my back. It seems to help. After a day of using it I slept better than I have in a long time. 

Yesterday I was sitting here, enjoying not being in pain, and the phone rang. Pam was at Walmart and her Passport died. Her husband came to get her, we had to wait for Heath's parent teacher meeting before heading down. 

The teacher said he was going good. We headed to Shelby. I did take the tow dolly just in case. 

With a jump start the Honda ran. Bad alternator. So it got loaded up. We went to Chickfila for dinner. Heath played for a good long while with 5 little girls. Then we left. 

This morning I woke to a text from Pam and a phone call from Buddy at the same time. Buddy wrecked his truck in Walmart's parking lot. Goody more work for me. 

We got out to the Honda at 8. At 10 I had the alternator off. If I ever find the engineer who designed that engine, I will beat him down to his toenails with a ball peen hammer. 

I headed down to Shelby to drop the alternator off at the shop. 

I stopped for gas in Waco and a friend I have not seen in almost 15 years was there. We caught up. He wants to sell his 94 Suburban. Looks like a nice truck. 

Then I dropped the alternator off at Willis Auto Electric, They are the best in this area. Autozone wanted $125 or a new one. They rebuilt it for $68. HE said it would be ready by 330. I headed home.

When I got home, Steph told me that Heath had wanted to go with me. He was changing his clothes to leave when I pulled out. 

I went out to the shop and took my little .38 apart. It needed to be refinished. Once I had it cooking in the ultrasonic cleaner I came in side. I had a couple of things to take care of online then I headed out in BettyBlue. Heath came along. 

First we stopped at a garage to have BB inspected. Since they had cars up on lifts, Heath had to inspect them all.  They thought it was great. The owner gave him a light up fidget spinner. 

$13 lighter I headed to Shelby. Willis had called. 

Once we had the alternator, Heath declared he was starving to death. We shot through Wendy's drivethru. Buddy and Pam's daughter was working. She got my order wrong. I will deal with her later. :D

We got back home and it took us almost 2 hours to get the alternator back on. I was getting pretty frustrated by the time we got it on. I wanted to set the car on fire. I had a devil of a time getting the bolts to line up. 

When the bought the Passport it needed a new AC control unit. I found one and then promptly lost it. When we cleaned out the shop I found it again. 

We started to put it on and soon found that the two were different. Just enough that I had to build one out of two. The original had a switch that got hot and melted some of the plastic. There was nothing to hold the switches on. So we got a tiny drill bit and the safety wire and knitted a control unit. My hands look like hamburger now. But it works perfectly. 

I called them and told them to come get it. 

All the parts for the DeWalt portable air compressor had come in. I went to work on it. Heath got on the shop computer and started typing his ABC's and all the animal's names. 

Once I got the compressor assembled and working. 

I got the pieces out of the ultrasonic cleaner and gave them a final scrub. 

Buddy and Pam showed up. I looked at his truck. He hit it on the passengers side and unfortunately he got the rocker panel. Since the doors will not open I wasn't able to see exactly how much he did to it. 

They headed out. 

I gave the peashooter a coat of Duracoat. I am not sure how it is going to look because it was getting dark in the shop. I didn't realize how dark till I was trying to see the black coating.  

After a shower I am hooked up the TENS again.  

Tomorrow I don't have a lot planned. 

Edited by UncleWillie, October 14, 2017 - 03:56 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#5060 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 5,174 Thanks
  • 2,254 posts

Posted October 14, 2017 - 10:06 AM

After a shower I am hooked up the TENS again.  

I have a TENS unit.  Haven't used it for awhile. 

I learned real quick to think twice about which way to turn the dial!     :firejumper:   Rick

• olcowhand and UncleWillie have said thanks

#5061 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted October 14, 2017 - 04:00 PM

I have a TENS unit.  Haven't used it for awhile. 

I learned real quick to think twice about which way to turn the dial!     :firejumper:   Rick

Yeah I got laid my hand on it accidentally and hit the up button while it was on my elbow. I didn't think I was ever going to get my arm straightened out again. 

Edited by UncleWillie, October 14, 2017 - 04:01 PM.

• olcowhand said thank you

#5062 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 5,174 Thanks
  • 2,254 posts

Posted October 14, 2017 - 04:02 PM

Yeah I got laid my hand on it accidentally and hit the up button while it was on my elbow. I didn't think I was ever going to get my arm straightened out again. 

That's always funny when it happens to someone else.   :D    Rick

• olcowhand and UncleWillie have said thanks

#5063 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted October 14, 2017 - 06:56 PM

Things got done. 

This morning I was awakened by Heath coming in wearing a hat and his underwear, Hhe wanted to go outside. LOL. I also had message from a friend. He needed a dog pen. I had one. I told him to come get it. 

burnt-coffee_1024x1024.jpg

I went out to the shop to see about my pistol. Somehow the cylinder had not gotten painted. In fact it had fallen in the floor and took me forever to find it. Not sure how I did that. 

After I shot it with Duracoat I got a call from the neighbor, Janis. Her daughter was broken down in Gastonia. 

So the tow dolly got hooked up to the JollyGreenGiant

Graham came over to borrow the 242 to mow his yard. He told me that he was coming back from Dallas, and saw some cops looking in the bushes. He drove by slowly and heard someone in big bush. He told the cop. The cop dove in head first and came up with the guy. No clue what he had done.

Steph stayed home, and Heath and I left. The cops were still on the side of the road looking for something. 

It took forever to get through Dallas. It is the Cotton Ginning Festival - that we were going to go to.

I got down to the neighbors daughter and loaded her busted Stratus on the dolly. We took a back way home. 

We got back home and Steph and my my freind, Andy (not my brother don't get confused), had the dog pen mostly apart. If I had showed up 10 minutes later I would have not had to help at all. LOL. 

I helped him finish up. Then he asked if I had a carb for a pressure washer. I did. He got it. 

As he was leaving, MawMaw Wander came over. She was upset and needed to talk. She is allergic to cats, so she, Steph, and I sat in the shop and talked. Two hours later things were better. Sometimes you just need to talk.

While we talked I put my pistol back together.

There were two places that didn't turn out right, but for my first time refinishing one I was happy. 

IMG_20171014_1714441.jpg

By then it was too late to go to the Cotton Ginning.

We came in and ate. 

We went back out after dark. There were 4 good sized fire ant mounds that needed dealing with.

IMG_20171014_1908191.jpg

I also burned one of the stands of Pampass grass. The other was too green still. I hate it. 

Before we came in I dumped my thermos on the embers of the pampass grass. I heard someone across the road. It was Wanda's brother, Tommy. We went over and talked to him a bit. Then we came in. 

I got a lot done, but very little that I had planned to do. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor and KennyP have said thanks

#5064 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 14,366 Thanks
  • 10,136 posts

Posted October 14, 2017 - 09:56 PM

'I got a lot done, but very little that I planned to do.'

That happens to me, also. Directly correlated to when my wife is at home, I have found.
  • olcowhand, Gtractor, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#5065 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

the homeless tractor hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 9,786 Thanks
  • 5,091 posts

Posted October 14, 2017 - 11:35 PM

Making plans could very easily lead to disappointment and/or failure.

I try to avoid that. :smilewink:

• olcowhand, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#5066 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted October 16, 2017 - 05:35 PM

Today didn't go as planned either. 

web_logo.png

I woke up to the sounds of a monsoon. I went back to sleep. 

I got a  from a regular. He had a Chrysler Sebring Convertible for scrap. 

His car was loaned to someone who somehow ripped off the oil filter adapter. 

22560963_10156005388849739_983420867_o.jpg

HE attempted to fix it. It didn't work. 

I got home and paid some bills. Then I had to go to the DMV. I needed to get the JollyGreenGiant legal. We have been driving it with the tag for TheKracken on it. I stuck it on there when we drove it home from the transmission shop. Then I got busy and forgot it. I had insurance on the JGG, but I canceled the insurance on TK. I got a notice that I didn't have insurance. OOPS. It only cost me $50 to fix it. 

Since the JGG has not had an inspection, I got a temporary tag, I have 10 days to get the inspection. 

I got home and we did some work on the JGG. Then we took a look at the Sebring, and the Stratus I towed home for my neighbor. The battery was dead. Heath turned on the headlight. So it got plugged in and we came in the house. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor and KennyP have said thanks

#5067 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted October 17, 2017 - 06:01 PM

Not a bad day at all. 

Last night we had to stay out late. A neighbor (who is very upset right now)  bought a nearly new Ram pickup for her 30 year old son. However, instead of making payments, he decided to do heroin. He went to jail. She could not afford an extra $600 a month, and she was afraid he would get out of jail and come try to take it, so it had to go to a shop where he wouldn't have access to it. At 9 I heard a tow truck and I went over. 

The guy was going to load it up in her driveway. If he her trees would have ripped it to pieces. I told the driver to pull over in my yard then I drove the truck over. Since her son has put stupid wide wheels on it, it didn't fit on the rollback. So the driver called for a bigger truck. We left the truck in my driveway, and sat in the yard in our folding chairs and waited. While we sat there we saw a car like the sons girlfriends car come by at high speed. About 15 minutes later we got a call from the girlfriend's mother saying she had gone down and bailed the son out. So most likely that was who was in the car. 

Heath said he was going to sleep in the yard. 

22491852_10156008240634739_1613314553642182365_n.jpg

It was almost 10 when the big truck got there. Once it was loaded up we all went inside. Heath was asleep in 5 minutes. 

This morning we got going a bit slow. 

tuesdaycoffee.jpg

Once we got moving we went out to pull the Sebring apart. That didn't take all that long. 

The we got over to the other neighbors Stratus. It overheated on Saturday and shut down. I towed it home. IT would not restart.

Heath got in it and turned the ignition on, and killed the battery. We put it on the charger. This morning it started and ran perfectly. Evidently the dead battery reset the computer and it forgot it overheated.

We spent a good bit of time looking for the water leak. I finally had to get the bore scope out and look under and around stuff. I finally managed to find the thermostat housing buried under the alternator. Then we took the alternator off. That took way too long. 

With the alternator out of the way we could see the leak better. I figured what parts we needed then we came in. 

I got online and found that I could order the parts cheaper than I could buy them anywhere else. So I called the neighbor and got approval to make the purchase. I got the water neck, thermostat, lower radiator hose, and heater hose. I told her it only needed the water neck, but if a hose went bad everything I took off to day has to come off again. She agreed with me. 

We waited for Heath to get home, then left for the scrap yard. 

Unfortunately the price has gone down again. I did come out $4 ahead, and we still have 4 brand new tires, a catalytic converter, radiator, and ac condenser. So I will make a little more.

Heath declared he was going to die of starvation if we didn't feed him. SO we went to Golden Coral. We stopped eating there because I kept getting the squirts when we ate there. I figured out it was the salad bar that was doing it to me. So I avoided it, and we had a good meal. 

While we were eating a little old lady came up to Heath with a dollar. She told him he was being so good he deserved a treat. HE stuck it in his pocket and got right back to eating. 

tuesday.jpg

We left there and went to Lidl, my fruit stash was running low.

One last stop at the local Sears.

When we pulled in there was a semi with the hood open. Heath said he wanted to see the big engine. So we walked over. He looked at the engine then crawled under the trailer. The driver just smiled. 

We went in to  exchange two broken ratchets and two sockets, and we headed back home. 

Heath grabbed juice box and went out to sit on the porch to drink it. Steph went to feed animals.I filled up my fruit stash.

lidl.jpg

Then I flopped in my recliner. 

It was a good day. 

#5068 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted October 18, 2017 - 05:25 PM

I was gonna do more today.

universal-espresso-250-gr-tin.jpg

I woke up and was hurting. Since we are having to wait for parts for everything, and I had no scrap jobs, I did nothing

Tim called and needed some help moving a couple of things. Steph wanted to get out of the house so she went with him. I told her to get U joints for BettyBlue while she was out.

After a bit she texted me and said she needed more information. I didn't have it so I told her we would go when Heath go home.  

The power company is cutting the right of way.When it got close to time for Heath to show up I went out and watched them a bit. 

When Heath got home we walked up the road to get a better view. Heath wanted to get on my shoulders so he could see better. My back wasn't happy about it. Really not happy. I was glad when he wanted back down. 

22684877_10156011412259739_1396434749_n.jpg

22684903_10156011414164739_832522319_n.jpg

After a bit he got bored with that and we came home. 

I got BettyBlue straddling the ditch in the side yard and started pulling the driveshaft. I almost had it out when Steph got home. 

After we went down and got new joints, and some ground beef for dinner. we came back and installed the joints. 

I tried to grease the back joint and the grease gun would not fit. I had to take the clamps off to get ot eh grease zerk. When I got ready to put it back on, I could not find one of the joint clamps. We looked everywhere. Finally Steph went down to the parts truck to get one. 

I slid out from under the truck to look around for the clamp. When I slid back under and started to put the one on she brought up, I found the missing one. IT had slid down in side the universal. That would have made a lovely sound. 

When I crawled back out from under my back decided it had enough. It spazmed and I thought I was going down for good.

I came in and took a hot shower, now I am hooked up the the shock box.

Parts should be in tomorrow. Maybe.

Edited by UncleWillie, October 18, 2017 - 05:50 PM.

#5069 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,843 Thanks
  • 47,077 posts

Posted October 18, 2017 - 05:39 PM

Sorry to hear of the back issues. Been a while since I had those, so my time is coming.

#5070 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted October 18, 2017 - 05:52 PM

Sorry to hear of the back issues. Been a while since I had those, so my time is coming.

Changing weather gets me.

• KennyP said thank you