UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted September 06, 2017 - 05:50 PM

Today it poured rain.

I called an postponed the jobs I had for today. 

Brulot-Charentais-Angels-Flames-French-Flambé-Coffee.jpg

This afternoon it let up. Steph got Heath off the bus then went to the bank with the 25 pounds of change we rounded up. $222. Not bad for change rounded up from junk cars. 

While she was gone fire trucks started going by. I hopped in the JollyGreenGiant and drove down. A car down the road had caught on fire. I don't think anyone was hurt. 

I came back and sat. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4967 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted September 06, 2017 - 05:51 PM

Oh and Larry I don't have a deflector for that deck. I will keep my eyes open. 

• larrybl, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4968 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 6,973 Thanks
  • 4,408 posts

Posted September 06, 2017 - 06:04 PM

Thanks, I Started a separate thread on the deck, trying to find the model number.

• Craig. said thank you

#4969 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 1,092 Thanks
  • 835 posts

Posted September 07, 2017 - 08:28 AM

The pic I really like of the lightning are these of my dog looking it over.

2004-08-19-006.JPG  2004-08-19-007.JPG

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4970 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted September 07, 2017 - 07:19 PM

Long day today. 

This morning we got going early. I didn't even make coffee! I did, however, stop for some at the gas station. I mean, come on, you didn't think I went decaffeinated did you?

coffeecups1.jpg

We had to wait in line to get gas. Everyone in town was filling up. Once we were full ( I needed gas, I wasn't in panic mode.)

Steph got hot chocolate. As we pulled out of the parking lot her cup fell out of the cup holder. I had a towel in the back seat.

We got to the first stop and they had a well work Chevy Astro. Of course it had a flat tire and was pointed the wrong way.  The guy was all excited to pull it with his truck, so I let him . Steph took the JollyGreenGiant to the parking lot next door. 

He started pulling me and we had a problem.The van would not come out of gear. I asked for something to lay on, because I wasn't excited to lay in the mud. He produced a box and a third guy. LOL. I pulled out my knife to slice the box open. Both of them did the same. Steph made a comment about boys and their toys. The third guy laughed and said, "we all three have guns, too" We all got a goo laugh out of that. 

The shift cable was not attached. I put it in neutral manually. We pulled it over to the other parking lot and loaded it up. 

Of course I dumped my coffee out in the parking lot. 

ON the way out of the lot we heard a weird noise. I stopped to make sure it was in neutral and noticed that the shift cable was just dangling there. I hooked it up and we made certain it was in neutral. I didn't see any immediate cause for the noise so we headed on. 

A bout a half mile later it started up. Steph said the back tire on the van looked funny. Not knowing what that meant, and needing more coffee, we pulled into a gas station. 

She went in. I did a closer inspection. The back passengers side tire was loose. All 6 lug nuts were barely on. Of course, there was not a lug wrench in either vehicle. 

Steph asked a guy if he had one. He did. Turns out he knew me. I got 3 cars from him a couple of years ago. 

With the tire snugged down, we headed home. 

I pulled the truck around the tree and pointed it back to the driveway while Steph got Gertie awakened from slumber and brought her around. There was a Ford F-350 transmission and a mower engine in the back of the truck. Cars are $6.50/100 pounds, irony aluminum is $12.5/100. No brainer to pull them out. 

We left for the scrap yard and got unloaded with no problems. I doubled my money on the van and still had the irony stuff. 

We got back home and took at look at the trailer wiring on the JGG, It was all there, it was just mangled. They had mounted the plug to the bottom of the hitch (which contained a bird nest ha) and it had been smashed. The 2wd sits pretty low. 

In checking the wiring I found that the genius PO had extended the wiring and folded the wires over each other and taped them up in 400 feet of tape. IT was extremely stupid, because there was enough wire to run straight to the plug. 

Once we figured out that the wiring all worked, ti was a small matter of hooking them to the plug. It just took far too long to figure the wiring out. They had put wire loom over the splices so it looked factory, until I started slicing. By then it was too late for me to take the dump trailer and get back before Heath's bus arrived. 

I came in to look something up online, but I honestly cannot remember what. While I was doing that the guy who had the pile of scrap he wanted us to get called. He said he needed it gone immediately because he needed $25. I told him I would bring him $50 to get him thru the weekend and I would take it off the final price. I don't figure he is going to move 5 tons of metal over $50. Plus I know where he lives.

We sat in the driveway and waited for the bus. When I heard it I pulled the truck out in the road in front of it so I didn't get stuck behind it. Heath got in the truck, we headed off. 

We ran by the guys house and gave him the money. He was dumbfounded we would do that. He said he would help us load when we came back LOL. 

Of course, we got stuck behind 3 buses on the way out. Start and stop and start and stop. At one point someone in the oncoming lane didn't get stopped in time. Instead of rear ending another car, he stuffed it into an embankment. 

Finally the  buses turned off and we got on with things. 

IT didn't take long to get the little Saturn loaded. Once we did we talked a bit, it turns out the guy had more stuff. 

We had two crates of toys in the truck that were headed to a thrift store. Heath found them while we were loading. Steph jokingly said we should leave them there. The gal said she would take them. They had 4 kids the babysat, so the toys got left. 

Heath put in an order for Chickfila. So we headed over. 

He found his hardhat in the pile of toys.

21371350_10155883706249739_3303998934925

He work it all afternoon. 

There were 6 little boys, and one little girl in the playground, It sounded like there were 4355559999999999999999 kids in there. They had a ball. 

After he had a good romp we headed home.

Steph fired Gertie up again and we got the extra parts out of the Saturn, then put Gertie to bed. 

I came in to type this. After a shower I am going to bed. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4971 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted September 07, 2017 - 09:17 PM

That boy is growing like a weed!  

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4972 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 896 posts

Posted September 08, 2017 - 04:42 AM

I noticed the same thing, Chickfila must have a growing compound in there food lol

• KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4973 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted September 08, 2017 - 05:26 AM

I noticed the same thing, Chickfila must have a growing compound in there food lol

I think you are on to something!

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4974 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 9,450 Thanks
  • 4,749 posts

Posted September 08, 2017 - 08:50 AM

Growing compound? Every time I eat at a chicken place I manage to gain a pound or two      :wallbanging:

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4975 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted September 08, 2017 - 11:04 AM

I've noticed that that tends to happen when you feed them

Edited by UncleWillie, September 08, 2017 - 11:04 AM.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4976 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted September 08, 2017 - 01:34 PM

Growing compound? Every time I eat at a chicken place I manage to gain a pound or two      :wallbanging:

That's probably the growth hormone they use on those chickens so they'll be ready to slaughter sooner!

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4977 Greasy6020 OFFLINE  

Greasy6020
  • Member No: 78477
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 1,397 posts

Posted September 08, 2017 - 04:11 PM

That's probably the growth hormone they use on those chickens so they'll be ready to slaughter sooner!

I thought that was fairly illegal...

Ok, after recovering from my full blown brainfart there, it's illegal in Canada

Edited by Greasy6020, September 08, 2017 - 04:12 PM.

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4978 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted September 08, 2017 - 06:27 PM

Actually CFA usus no growth hormones in their chicken. They are very picky about it. I worked there for a couple years. When you open a case of the chicken they use it is beautiful to look at. The nuggets are actually cut from breast meat. 

SO today 

73316096_hhTXEFdmNXo331PG81WpNZog47GGgIu

I did not sleep well last night. Steph did. I listened to her snore all night. 

When I got up. I got dressed and hit the ground running. 

I had a Saturn hooked up to the tow dolly. So I fired up the JollyGreenGiant and headed off. On the way out I passed Steph coming back from Walmart. I have no idea what she went for. 

The scrapyard was a jungle. Everyone was there. Except for the employees. 

I got unloaded and had to wait to gt back across the scale. One guy had a Uhaul truck full of refrigerators. He had the whole yard snarled up. Another guy was unloading a truck full of brake rotors. Since I had to wait for him to move I helped him unload. 

While I was waiting I got a text from Steph to go to TSC and get some pine shaving. 20 minutes later I got across the scale and then had to wait to get out of the yard to go get paid. 

At TSC I got pine shavings, a couple of pins for the tow dolly, we are constantly losing them. I snagged a couple of other things, and a candy bar for lunch and then headed for home.

Steph came out and helped get the tow dolly unhooked and get the dump trailer on the truck. I have not towed it with this truck and the ball did not want to go in the receiver. IT was full of gunk. She brought me a big screwdriver and a can of grease. I scraped and scraped then greased everything and got it in finally. 

The drive to the yard was uneventful. However, the yard itself was still snarled. A habitat for humanity truck was there and a couple of trucks from an AC company. It took forever for me to get to where I could get to the unloading area. 

While I was getting the load unstrapped and opening the tailgate a guy pulled in behind me so I had to wait for 15 minutes for him to unload. The only good thing was he had to work hard to empty his pickup, while I just waited to push a button. It made me feel better knowing he was killing himself and mine was effortless. 

After an hour I finally go my cash and headed home. 

Emily had bad wipers on her car so I stopped at Autozone and got the set the book said I needed. I got home adn they were the wrong ones. So I stuffed myself in her little Honda and she drove me to AZ again. They said as soon as I left they realized I had the wrong ones and tried to catch me. I was gone. 

We got back and I went out back and checked a push mower I got from a guy last week. It was locked up. Then I got the pressure washer I got from the guy yesterday. I had to cut and beat the pump off the shaft, but I finally got it. It appears to have no compression on it. 

Then I got Ben's tiller up on the stand. They had pulled the rope out of it. I pulled off the recoil and it was all rusted up. I looked at a scrap motor and it had the same starter on it. So I drilled the rivets out of his cover to get the rusted one off and put the good one on there with some little bolts and nuts. I ground the ends off so they are clear of the flywheel. 

After I sanded the flywheel down I put it all back together. It started right up. 

We went over to the garden and tilled a bit. It shut off after a bit. I looked at the tines and they had rope wrapped all around them. I dulled my knife cutting it all off. 

It would then run for about 10 minutes then die again. I think the carb is crapped up. I will get some seafoam tomorrow. I was letting it run a bit and it flung the belt off. I took a look at it and the thing is so worn it is completely flat. It has not v in it. I will get one tomorrow as well. 

I finally came in and took a shower. Then I sat down for the first time today. 

• Gtractor, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4979 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 896 posts

Posted September 09, 2017 - 06:46 AM

LOL

• oldedeeres said thank you

#4980 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted September 11, 2017 - 03:25 PM

Irma is here.

hurricane-coffee.jpg

Yesterday it was pretty windy. I didn't feel like getting blown to OZ so I stayed in. 

When the winds died down, Steph took the baby rabbit out to the little dog pen that she had put chicken fencing around the bottom of, and let them run. I did not inspect her work. 

After a while, Heath came in the living room and noticed the babys were gone. He asked where they were, I told him, he went running outside. I sat her a bit then had a bad feeling about him letting them run. I went out

Turns out I need not worry about his letting them out. Steph didn't put the chicken fencing on properly, and they let themselves out. I told Heath to go in and get Steph. I caught 2 escapees.

One would not come close to me. She is Heath's favorite one, He plays with her non stop. She runs aroudn the house chasing him.

When he came back out I told him where she was. She ran right up to him. 

One black rabbit was under the parts Suburban. It took some time, and a banana as bait, to catch him. 

They got tossed in Spooky's bed while I put the fencing on the right way. 

She had put the fencing on the outside of the pen. Problem with that was the bunnies fit through the dog pen fence and climbed up and out the chicken fence. I spent about an hour and a half putting the fence on the inside of the pen.

When I came in from that, Heath told me his bed was cracked. I took a look and it split on a joint in the side-rail. We didn't have any of the right sized screws so Steph left to get some. 

When she got back we sistered a piece of 1x2 on the joint. It should hold for a long time. 

This morning Irma had decided to rain on us.  The only time I have gone out all day was to get Heath off the bus. 

• KennyP said thank you