#4936 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted August 25, 2017 - 09:11 PM

I slept. In stages mind you, but I slept.

Might be more comfortable if you slept in a bed, or at least on the couch.

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4937 Greasy6020 ONLINE  

Greasy6020
  • Member No: 78477
  • 1,477 Thanks
  • 1,399 posts

Posted August 26, 2017 - 08:01 AM

Might be more comfortable if you slept in a bed, or at least on the couch.

Back seat of a truck would work too...
  • Craig. said thank you

#4938 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 1,101 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted August 26, 2017 - 10:09 AM

Back seat of a truck would work too...

Back in my younger days you couldn't find a truck with a back seat.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4939 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,417 Thanks
  • 45,945 posts

Posted August 26, 2017 - 05:08 PM

Back in my younger days you couldn't find a truck with a back seat.

Me too!

• Craig. and Greasy6020 have said thanks

#4940 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted August 26, 2017 - 08:01 PM

Nice day to drive around.

I woke up this morning barely able to move. After 2 hours on the massaging cushion. I creaked and groaned into an upright position, and we left. 

Roaming_Goat_Logo.png

I had Steph buy a leakdown tester from HF because I could not find mine anywhere. Of course, I found it yesterday in the shop cleaning. So the new one had to go back. I was opened, but not used. 

Before we left we started to look for the hand truck. It is nowhere to be found. I have no idea where Heath took it. He loves to push it around. 

We headed down to HF and swapped the tester for a handtruck and $1.49. Not a bad deal, I guess. 

Then we went over to the house we were supposed to go to yesterday, and got an upright freezer. That was easy enough to load. 

I have had a hankering for a certian sandwich, I will let Heath tell you where we ate.

While we were there I bribed him to eat a salt and vinegar chip. 

It will upload when it decides to. 

I got a call from a guy about some scrap engines. I told him to text me an address and I would be over after we were done in Gastonia.

We left Schlotzsky's and went to jewelry store to see about getting pin for the band of my work watch. When we walked in I immediately recognized the lady behind the counter. 20 years ago she worked at AutoZone in Shelby, NC. I called her name (I only remembered it because we used to tease her about being on of Charlies Angels - Kate Jackson). I called her name and she ran over an hugged me. LOL We spent about 45 minutes talking to her. They didn't have a pin, but she told me who would at the mall. 

At the mall we entered through JC Penny's that was going out of business. We walked straight thru to the kiosk that did Jewelry repair. $6 later and we were back in Penny's. Steph happened to look over at a shelf as we walked out and saw a Bunn coffee carafe. It didn't have a price, but I thought if I could get it for $5 I would take it. At the counter the gal called for a manager. The manager said she would have to price it at $5. I paid and left. Now I have a spare. 

I called the scrap metal guy back and got no answer. Still no text. So I decided we would drive the long way down to Buddy's house to get his mower. If the guy called before we got there we would go to his place instead. 

Katie sent me a text saying that she had a guy come to mow her yard today and he could not get the blades to engage on the LX188. I told her when we left Buddy's we would be over. 

The scrap guy never called. At Buddy's we loaded up the mower and then went inside to visit for a bit. I got a splinter out of their little dogs foot. HE was happy. 

We left there and made our way to Katie's. She sent a text saying that she had gone out and the mower worked perfectly. 

We got to her house and she was driving it around on a flat tire. I chastened her for that. Nothing was wrong with the clutch. It engaged and disengaged perfectly. She had a broken dryer that I loaded up and we headed for home. 

It was a good day. We didn't accomplish a lot, but it was relaxing. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4941 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 9,509 Thanks
  • 4,770 posts

Posted August 27, 2017 - 11:35 AM

Sometimes you just need a day like that, I know I do.

• Craig. said thank you

#4942 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted August 27, 2017 - 06:06 PM

Beautiful weather today. 

beautiful-coffee.jpg

I was supposed to go get a car today, but I really didn't feel like it. I called the guy and we arranged to come tomorrow. 

I had just settled into do int nothing, when my niece came over, I was in the bedroom and could hear her talking to Steph about her car not starting right. I moseyed on in to the kitchen. After hearing the symptoms I told her to take it to AutoZone and have the charging system checked. 

She and Emily left. I got serious about coffee. 

A short time later I got a text asking if I could change the alternator. I told her I could.

They got back and then took Emily's car to go to an aunts house. 

After a bit Steph and I went out. We did a bit more rearranging in the carport. pulled TheKracken to the driveway, then got Sara's car in the carport. 

It was pretty easy to replace the alternator with the exception of getting the belt off and on. The tensioner didn't quite want to go far enough.  We finally did get it though. 

I took the car for a drive to reset the computer and charge the battery, Steph cleaned up tools. 

I got back and got on Gertrude and we unloaded the little trailer. The broken freezer and dryer went in the dump trailer. Buddy's mower got pushed beside the house. 

Not much else was done after that. 

• Gtractor, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4943 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted August 28, 2017 - 06:04 PM

Today was like the 21st all over again. 

partial3.jpg

Steph had to take Heath for his first day of school. Well she had to take him to meet the teacher and take a test of some sort. 

They got home at 11 and we left. 

We snagged the big trailer from Tim's house and then headed up to Charlotte. As we got close to the guys house we saw a wreck. A Chevy S10 had hit a tree. A tow truck had been dispatched. A big semi tow truck. I have no idea what the thought process was on that one. 

We got to the house and found a partial Eclipse.

partial.jpg

Heehee

It took way tool long to load it up. It had no suspension, 4 flat tires, and a locked steering wheel. Lots of jacking up. pushing over pulling back. 

At one point we were losing the tug of war, so I cheated. I put a ratchet strap around the only tree in the guys yard, hooked a snatch block to it and hooked the cable to the front end of the car. It came right over where it needed to be. 

Once we loaded up we left.

partial1.jpg

The car was incomplete any way and it was free so it was all profit.

At home we used Gertie to lift each corner and pulled the tires off. Aluminum rims are worth more than the car price. 

When we put the car up on the trailer we managed to pull one of the dovetail boards out. It was an easy matter of pulling some 1/4x20 carriage bolts out and putting it all back together. One of the bolts was FUBAR so we stopped at ACE and got one.

At the scrap yard we got our money and headed to the pharmacy, Walmart, Tim's house to drip the trailer off, and then back home. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4944 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted August 29, 2017 - 07:35 PM

A good week so far. 

GuruCup1-650x385.jpg

I took it easy today for the most part. 

Heath discovered a pair of overalls that didn't fit him. 

He has worn them all day long. 

21191890_10155851877209739_5143940381994960035_n.jpg

The rabbits melted into a big puddle of cute.

brokenbunny.jpg

At 330 Steph's friend, Anna, got here. We parked her car under the carport and let it cool down. I didn't want to work on the suspension with the brakes hot. 

After about 45 minutes we went out. 

She has been driving on bad struts for a long time. The garage she takes her car to quoted he $1400 to replace them. I got all 4 struts complete with springs, mounts and new bolts for $427. 

The front two went in easy. The back passengers side fought a bit before I figured it out. IT tool right at an hour to do them. 

Anna fell asleep on the couch. She was tired.

I came in and took a quick shower, then we took the JollyGreenGiant up to Lincolnton to eat at the Chinese buffet. Anna paid. 

Tomorrow we have to go mow yards. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4945 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted August 30, 2017 - 08:10 PM

I should have taken more pictures today.the-bristly-hog-coffee.jpg

I took it east this morning because my back was upset with me.

This afternoon we went out to get things ready to mow.

First the GT5000 had to be repaired. The seat pan finally broke and Graham nearly fell off it mowing his yard. I thought the seat pan off the Hemorrhoid would work. It would't. So I had to repair the original. 

After putting the vice on the work table and bolting it down, I got a piece of 1/4x1 steel and cut it to size. Then I drilled and tapped 4 3/8 16 holes in it and mounted it to the seat pan.

IMG_20170830_142058.jpg

A couple of layers of protective Gorilla tape

IMG_20170830_142228.jpg

It was ready to reinstall. 

IMG_20170830_142234.jpg

Then we loaded up the mowers, coolers, and ramps, and headed down to Shelby. 

mowin.jpg

Buddy and his daughter, Miriam, were home, so Heath went inside to play. Steph and I mowed the knee high grass. I made the first pass with the Gt5000 then Steph made a cleaning pass with the JD 424 and we got it done quickly. 

After talking to them for a few minutes, we loaded up and wen to BoJangle's in Lincolnton. We got lousy service. 

Then we went up to Grady's shop. We left Heath and BettyBlue in the front yard and mowed the back, then switched it up and mowed the front. It was about 4 inches tall, but not all that thick.

Once more we loaded up and went to Grady's house. 

Heath went inside to play with Mary. We attacked the yard. It was about ankle high and super thick. 

After we loaded back up we went in to talk to Mary. Grady was at work. Their landlord is selling the house out from under them. They were given 45 days to move out. NC law gives them 90. I told them I would stay till the had to evict me. After 4 years of living there, making every payment on time, never asking them to fix a thing, they are selling it out from under them. Not good. 

It is supposed to rain for the next couple of days, so we had to get things mowed today. 

#4946 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,214 Thanks
  • 31,437 posts

Posted August 30, 2017 - 08:25 PM

That cup of coffee sure looks good!

• Craig. said thank you

#4947 916hydro OFFLINE  

916hydro
  • Member No: 87046
  • 74 Thanks
  • 71 posts

Posted August 30, 2017 - 08:41 PM

I'd use the whole 90 days to find a place. As bad of a move as that is on the landlords part it'll just be more headache fighting him when they already know the end result.

#4948 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted August 30, 2017 - 10:44 PM

I'd use the whole 90 days to find a place. As bad of a move as that is on the landlords part it'll just be more headache fighting him when they already know the end result.

i told them to tell the landlord if they wanted them out in 45 days it would cost them money. Pony up cash or wait 90 days

#4949 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,978 Thanks
  • 5,676 posts

Posted August 31, 2017 - 06:40 AM

90 days, wow. In Ohio, once you give someone an eviction notice, they have 3 days to get out, on day 4 you can file the eviction court proceedings that usually takes 20-30 days to get a court date.

I gave my in laws 110 days to get out cause we have to sell the house ( along with a bunch of other crap they didn't stick to). Today is the last day and I think they still have junk in the garage and inside,pets are there, and we still haven't received Aug rent. :wallbanging:

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4950 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted August 31, 2017 - 04:41 PM

My financial future is secure. 

morning-coffee-with-money-sign-feat.jpg

Steph got up and put Heath on the bus for his first day of school. It was raining. She came back to bed and we did nothing. 

At noon she went to pick him up. HE only had a half day today. 

She got back just as I got a text from the neighbor. Her daughter bought a car and the windows stopped working.  Steph went to get it. I put the popup canopy up so she could drive under it. 

After looking for simple answers on the Stratus ( fuses, relays, etc.) I pulled the door panel off. The design is stupid. There is no way to take the switches off without pulling the whole panel off. And the door handle is attached to the panel, not the door. It is super chincy. 

Anyhow, when I reached down to the plug it fell off when I touched it. I could not figure out a way to attach it where it will not happen again without doing more bending than I wanted to. It worked when I plugged it back in. 

We took it back to her. I told her it would happen again and when it did we would look for a better solution. 

She paid me handsomly. 

money.jpg

LOL

I came back and watched Youtube videos and the rain outside. 

Steph rounded up all the change she could find. We have a cooler jug with about 40 pounds of change to go to the bank tomorrow. It is amazing how much you can find in junk cars. 

My neighbor Sherri is bringing Heath some peanut butter, raisins, and apple sauce. When you take care of your neighbors, they take care of you.