5352 replies to this topic

#4891 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 1,092 Thanks
  • 835 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 09:30 AM

Today I got slightly motivated.

I got up with the goal to repair both JD tractors. 

attachicon.gifcoffee-health-benefits-surprising.jpg

We got outside about 11. I said I was motivated, not in a hurry.

I am motivated every day BUT I may never get moving till 2 or 3 pm either if I manage that.

• Craig. said thank you

#4892 cttandy OFFLINE  

cttandy
  • Member No: 87613
  • 103 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 05:41 PM

Long day. 

This morning my back was screaming. It turns out that picking up the Miata to put it on the jack came back to bite me. No surprise. 

il_570xN.908277927_4bq7.jpg

Steph went and put the radiator in TheKracken while I tried to get moving. 

While I was laying here with a sore shoulder and back my heating pad started making odd noises.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170804_113916.jpg

While I was resting I got a call from a guy on the other side of Charlotte who had 2 vehicles. He said he had an 87 Buick Century and a Plymouth van. I gave him a price. He liked it.

Once Steph had the rad in,  I went out to check her work. There was one radiator cooling line that would not seal. I put some Teflon tape on it and problem solved. 

After a test drive, we hooked TheKracken to Tim's trailer, and BettyBlue to the tow dolly. 

We headed down to Shelby and unloaded the Miata carcass. A whopping $74. LOL. Fortunately it was free. 

I did see this car that I really want to story on.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170804_134730.jpg

Many bullet holes. 

Once the X-foils were locked in place we hit hyper-drive and set course for Charlotte. 

attachicon.gifIMG_20170804_140612.jpg

When we got there I found that the guy did not have a Century. He had an 87 Buick Electra. A freaking tank. I was glad we had Tim's big trailer. 

attachicon.gifIMG_20170804_164707.jpg

And then we had to use the come-along to get it loaded. 

attachicon.gifIMG_20170804_194450.jpg

Then we left. 

Heath put in a request for .....Chickfila. Not a surprise. 

When we got there we found the playground was closed. I asked and they said someone had an accident in it and they had disinfected it and waiting for it to dry. 

attachicon.gifIMG_20170804_162059.jpg

Behold the face of disappointment.

The drive home was a chore. There was a wreck on i-85. We got off on 74 and so did everyone else on earth. IT took us about 30 minutes to go 8 miles. I finally got to a side road and we took the long way home. When we passed over 85 it was a parking lot. 

It took us an hour longer to get home, but we were moving. We got seperated at one point, and since she wasn't comfortable towing, I pulled over to wait. 5 minutes later she caught up to me. 

We finally got home. Steph was terrified to pull the van that far, but she did a good job.

When we  looked in side the van and made Heath a very happy boy.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170804_185541.jpg

About 30 feet of bubble wrap.  He flapped and flopped around on it for a long time. 

The outdoor cat, Phantom, came over and sat down about 15 feet away. He never gets close to me, because I am the one that put him out of the house for peeing on my foot - many times. He refused to use the litter box. However, I had Chickfila leftovers. I sat on the ground and called him over and he came running. We sat and fed him then he got more attention than he has had in a long time. We all three petted him for about 15 minutes. Then he had enough and left. I was dumbfounded that he was actually rubbing on me. 

attachicon.gifIMG_20170804_194515.jpg

I went back to start Gertie and found that Heath had turned the key on and left it all night. I had Steph pull TheKracken over and jumped it off. Then we moved the new crop of water heaters to the scrap pile. And moved the tires that came with the Miata to the tire pile. 

We came in and showered. Steph declared that supper tonight was leftovers. 

You Mother could use the trim around the side mirrors on that van. You might want to give him a call and see if he needs anything else.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4893 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 05:59 PM

You Mother could use the trim around the side mirrors on that van. You might want to give him a call and see if he needs anything else.

Mother? Him? He?

• Craig. said thank you

#4894 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 08:17 PM

It's gone.

Today I woke up late. Although I had a good bit of liquid muscle relaxer last night before I could doze off - at around 3.

51BUzkd2Q-L._SY355_.jpg

After a bit Tim called and wanted to bring me a load of dirt..ummmm... mud. It was loaded in the dump trailer about days ago and has rained every day since then. 

He got here and I hopped on Gertrude and assisted the dump trailer in lifting. It probably weighed half as much 5 days ago. I am kind of surprised it didn't all run out the tailgate into a big morass in his yard.

We talked a bit then I came back in a perched in the recliner. 

At 6 we had to run up to Newton to get a Toyota Corolla. That didn't take long at all. Soon I was back in my recliner. 

For my birthday Steph cooked steak. It was good. I am ready got bed again. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4895 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 6,973 Thanks
  • 4,408 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 09:06 PM

Happy B-Day!

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4896 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 10:36 PM

Mother? Him? He?

Brother code
  • Craig., KennyP and cttandy have said thanks

#4897 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 896 posts

Posted August 11, 2017 - 05:33 PM

Happy Birthday Bro!

• UncleWillie said thank you

#4898 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted August 11, 2017 - 05:37 PM

Slow day - NOT.

runaway.jpeg

At 9 this morning we were in the truck and on the way to the scrap yard.

The parking brake on the Toyota Corolla worked yesterday when we loaded it up. When I pulled the tow dolly out from under the front end it didn't. Fortunately there was no one behind us and the car rolled back in to an already smashed front of a car. 

We got paid and headed back to the house. The next car I was getting had a possibility of a flat tire. We snagged the jack and cordless impact.

We got to the house and found a part of and Acura. From the exchange of texts, I thought they just wanted the car gone. Steph went to the door and told them we were there to get the car. They never offered to come out to where it was. They seemed completely disinterested in it. 

It didn't have a flat tire, but none of the lugs were slightly tightened. I would not have made it 50 feet before they came off. 

We loaded up and left. About 15 minutes later I got a text asking if they misunderstood that I was going to pay for it. I told them I would get the little that was left of the car across the scales and then come back and pay them.

We went straight home and I got in a quick shower, then Heath and I went next door to get sheared.

At 1 we were back I changed into non hair covered clothes (the ones I had on before I showered) and headed to the crusher. I got a whopping $90 for the car. 

Steph was hungry and Heath was restless so we went to Chickfila and turned him loose.

For all the people who hate Chickfila and protest it, the place was packed at 2pm.

I sent the lady we got the car from ( and 4 others a week or so ago) and told her I would bring her $45 because I got $90. She said to just keep it. I think she just likes it when I call her sweetie. 

Then we went up to another regulars house and got Honda Accord. It ran so it was an easy one to load up. 

I thought about taking it home to play with, but we are going out of town Sunday and I thought we might be better off having the money. Since ti was only 4 we headed on to the scrap yard. 

We unloaded the car outside the gate and I drove it up on the scales. Instead of stopping like a normal person, I pulled upt eh parking brake. Another guy who was there thought I was crashing. The employees were dying laughing. I did a smokey burnout when I left. Well it was smokey after it got through the inch of mud on the scales. When I parked it the engine was knocking. I wouldn't have been able to play with it long anyhow. 

We go paid and then went to Autozone. 

The money we got for the Honda went into stuff to tune up and change the oil on BettyBlue. NO way I am driving TheKracken with its screeching rear axle to TN. 

By the time we got home my shirt was full of hair again. I got in the shower. 

Edited by UncleWillie, August 11, 2017 - 05:38 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4899 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 04:57 PM

UGH.

For whatever reason I could not sleep at all last night. I would almost doze off, then my brain would fund another gear and run with it.

076b19ce823849dab76bbc0c0c0dcb98.jpg

At 6am I gave up.

When I walked in the living room (in the dark) I nearly killed myself on this vaguely child shaped lump.

IMG_20170812_0813111.jpg

Why he chose to sleep in the middle of the living room floor I have no idea. 

I don't remember what time I finally woke Steph up, but I did let her sleep a good while. In fact, everyone but me slept in.

Steph had to get rabbit feed and a couple of other things so she left. I sat in my recliner. Well, I sat in my recliner in between runs to the toilet. I my stomach had decided it was unhappy. Pepto Bismo wasn't even helping. 

After a bit Emily staggered into the daylight. She took Heath and went to Walmart. 

When Steph got back she started changing the oil on BettyBlue. I got dressed and went out to do the tune up. 

I found why it was sluggish.

IMG_20170812_1352021.jpg

NO telling how long those plugs have been in there. I have had it for almost a year. 

While I was changing the plugs I found the exhaust leak.

IMG_20170812_1321511.jpg

Those bolts on the exhaust manifold were about to fall out. 

While I was doing that Steph pulled the tool box out of the bed. The transmission parts we picked up last week had covered it in trans fluid. 

Once I had run out of parts to put on it, we hooked it to the small trailer, loaded up the LX188, and took it to its new home. 

I have known Katie since she was 4 years old. She is like another child. I told her to use it till she could afford to pay me. She just bought her first home and has 4 acres to mow. 

We swung by the grocery store to get hamburger buns that Steph forgot to get, then went to a car wash. I had her get me a ginger ale. It helped, but not completely.

The guy who runs the car wash was not happy when I started blasting out the bed of the truck. He didn't say a word, but if looks could kill.....

However, I will not leave a bay filthy. I cleaned it all up before we left. He looked like someone hit him with a giraffe. He may have broken his jaw bouncing it off the concrete. 

We got back and I came in. My stomach is still doing gymnastics. Hopefully it calms down before we leave for Tn tomorrow. It would be uncomfortable making that drive in a diaper. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4900 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 05:55 PM

Have a safe, good, & fun trip Willie!

• Craig. said thank you

#4901 cttandy OFFLINE  

cttandy
  • Member No: 87613
  • 103 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 02:49 AM

Mother? Him? He?

My Mother's vehicle, but contact Dad for the parts list.

We are brothers. We translate each others idiocy.

• Craig., KennyP and Cat385B have said thanks

#4902 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 07:24 PM

Covered a mile or two. 

This morning at 10 we were in the truck. 

16-oz-insulated-stainless-steel-travel-m

IMG_20170813_1134491.jpg

By 11:30 we had traveled a whopping 25 miles, and logged three return trips to the house. 

ON one return trip we saw this clean old Dodge, with a severely wonky receiver hitch. 

IMG_20170813_1153361.jpg

When we hit the road we sped up to plaid and got on down the road. 

Heath passed the miles with some games.

IMG_20170813_1520071.jpg

I saw this guy issue a challenge.

IMG_20170813_1522171.jpg

We stopped and released the monster for a bit.

IMG_20170813_1622321.jpg

And finally we got to the hotel. 

IMG_20170813_1903571.jpg

I came in to sit down, Steph ran across the road to Walmart to get some drinks. 

The only problem we had the whole way here was the starter on BettyBlue getting hot and not wanting to work. We solved that problem by parking on hills. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks

#4903 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,968 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 08:32 PM

Glad the trip has been uneventful
Third times the charm.