Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 6,973 Thanks
  • 4,408 posts

Posted July 25, 2017 - 10:14 PM

I remember you loosing it on a off ramp somewhere awhile back. My Daughter lost hers recently and is still trying to recover. A real pain!

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4862 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted July 26, 2017 - 05:25 PM

One more in the books. 

5ad5f9bb68c6694a72537f3264c624e5--coffee

This morning I was up way to early to get Emily to the DMV. Steph had to go to a professional development seminar so she left as I was getting up. 

I had to wake Heath up 5 times because he wanted to sleep. I only had to wake Emily up once, but I told her if she wasn't ready to walk out the door in 20 minutes we weren't going. Seemed effective. 

We got to the DMV 15 minutes before they opened. I sent her to stand in the line that had already formed. I told her to immediately ask if I needed to be in there and text me if they did. 

I sat for a while then I got a text. So I went in. 

There is more stuff we have to do to get the license transferred to NC from AZ. So we got the info we needed and left. 

Back home I sat in my recliner for a while. Then we had to load up and leave again. 

Down in Shelby, Heath and I sat in the dentists waiting room while they filled the hole in Emilys head. 

She looked like half her face stopped working afterwards. 

IMG_20170726_1219521.jpg

She wanted a milkshake. So we went down to Arby's and got a bite to eat. 

Once we ate we headed home. 

I was so tired I didn't care about doing anything. I could barely keep my eyes open. I didn't sleep all that well last night. 

Sam's passengers side sliding door on his van stopped closing so he bought it by. I looked at it and found a piece of debris in the latch. 

The I fixed his back seat that refused to go back in. I honestly have no idea what I did to it, but it worked. 

Finally he got out his new toy. A Remington 783 in Win .300 mag. We fired a couple of rounds at an old stump in Graham's yard. Then we came home and I showed him how to tear it down and put it back together. It took him over an hour to do it. 

IMG_20170726_1759511.jpg

Once that was done I shot a video of the Volvo I got Saturday. 

Then I came in. 

I will be in bed early tonight. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks

#4863 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted July 26, 2017 - 07:45 PM

And the idiots attack. 

duuuuh.png

• olcowhand, larrybl, Gtractor and 2 others have said thanks

#4864 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

G-agressive tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 9,311 Thanks
  • 4,948 posts

Posted July 26, 2017 - 09:29 PM

OMG! Now that's funny! 

• Craig. said thank you

#4865 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,966 Thanks
  • 9,998 posts

Posted July 26, 2017 - 09:30 PM

"It's a little rough...."

Always error on the side of caution.......

Hahahahahahahaha
  • Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4866 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted July 27, 2017 - 07:03 PM

Easy day today. 

1500x1000_website2_13.jpg

I got up fairly early to run down and fix a car. 

Ben's brother in law ( I can never remember his name) had been trying to put a power steering line on his Windstar for 4 days. It took me longer to drive down there than it did to put it on. I think his arms weren't long enough to tell the truth. 

We came back home and cleaned out TheKracken. There were about 400k Gatorade bottles, bundles of rags, piles of Heath's shoes and toys, about 400 pounds of bolts (no exaggeration on that one I got them from a pickup last week), bunches of ratchet straps, and all the tools we took to work on the van this morning. I will probably get 12 MPG better now LOL. 

Some people had some questions about the Volvo. Turns out it is a fairly rare automobile. It is 373/650 Ocean Race editions made in 2002. It has a neat little plaque on the dash. 

IMG_20170727_0856561.jpg

I answered a bunch of those questions. Then a gal called about two Honda's she wanted gone. I told her we would be there at 2. 

At one I thought I had lost my mind. I heard a train horn. Now we are within 3 miles of the track, but this was way to loud. Turns out my old buddy Jessie had come up from the beach to visit some friends. He always comes by for a few minutes when he is in town. 

Then we headed off to get a Honda.

The lady told me they were complete minus a door and a hood. Well they were a little less complete than that. After she balked at my new price her husband told her they were leaving no matter what I paid. LOL. 

I forgot to go to an ATM so we had to leave the tow dolly there and go to one. 

Back at the house we loaded up and headed out. 

We stopped at TSC and got yet more rabbit feed, and headed home. 

I was getting a massive headache, I left Steph outside to start working on some stuff, I came in to take a BC. 

Back outside we moved the dump trailer up in the yard so we could load it, dropped the Honda off the dolly, pushed the Volvo out of the way with Gertrude, and then I started to unload the little trailer. 

I had been given a small wood chipper last week. The guy said the blades were frozen. I had never looked at it, and I almost tossed it in the dump trailer. I decided to see if it was locked up. The rope would not turn the engine. I took a screwdriver and pushed the blade back. It moved a tiny bit. I pulled the rope it turned a tiny bit. I kept going back and forth and all of a sudden it spun over and coughed out a cloud of dust. Dirt dobbers nests. 

I pulled the cap off the tank and it looked like coffee in there. I dumped it in a can and poured a small amount of fresh gas in it. It turned brown instantly. Tank is junk. I sprayed seafoam in the carb and pulled the rope. It started instantly. As long as I sprayed it ran. 

The tank is mounted under the carb. I am thinking that once it was shut down it drained back down into the tank. Not 100% sure on that, but I will toss another tank on it and see what happens. 

I hopped on Gertie and we went next door to get the neighbors LT. It tossed the drive belt. I told her I would fix it. 

It was starting to rain so we came in. 

Tomorrow is another day. 

• Gtractor, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4867 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted July 27, 2017 - 07:26 PM

I remember you loosing it on a off ramp somewhere awhile back. My Daughter lost hers recently and is still trying to recover. A real pain!

No matter what it was leashed to, I would find a way to lose it. 

• Craig. said thank you

#4868 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted July 28, 2017 - 08:32 PM

I envy people who work an 8 hour day. 

51Zt7lnpLrL._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_PIAmznPrime,BottomLeft,0,-5_PIStarRatingFOUR,BottomLeft,360,-6_SR600,315_ZA(82 Reviews),445,286,400,400,arial,12,4,0,0,5_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

We got up and out the door by 730. Lots of stuff to squeeze into a Friday. 

First we got on the neighbors Troybilt. Gertie lifted it up where we could get under it and we got the secondary drive belt back on it. While I was under there I noticed that the primary drive belt was installed wrong. She let someone else work on it. 

IMG_20170728_090827.jpg

Then it got tested out.

IMG_20170728_092842.jpg

Worked good. 

Steph took it back to the neighbors shed. I got started cobbling together some side boards for the trailer. I had to cut two boards off the side extensions of the dump trailer so Gertie could reach over it. Turns out they were the perfect length to fit the trailer. I just cut end boards that were a tiny bit too long and hammered them in place. 

Then the trailer got hooked to BettyBlue and the tow dolly to TheKracken and we headed off.

IMG_20170728_105253.jpg

We had a second car to pick up from the house we went to yesterday and a load of misc scrap. 

When we got to the last turn I pulled off and let Steph pass due to the tight conditions in the peoples yard. She, however, thought what I wanted her to do was go roaring off like a dragster. I laid on the horn. She realized too late what was going on and locked them up, and slid up an embankment. I have no idea what she was thinking. Nothing was hurt so we went on. 

She parked Betty out of position and shut her off. She would not restart. We jumped it off with a battery the guy had and left it idling. 

We got the scrap and car loaded up and headed back home. 

Betty got hooked up to the battery charger. We came in to take a break and drink water. 

Back outside we hopped in TheKracken and headed to the scrap yard. 

Back home I hopped on Gertie and got behind the Honda we got yesterday and started pushing while Steph steered. After about 3 feet I realized it wasn't going to be easy. The passengers front suspension was not connected to anything. So I picked the rear of the car up and got it around front. 

It refused to go up on the dolly. I pulled around beside it and we hooked a chain to the front of the car, and Gertie lifted. Steph could not get the dolly pushed under it. 

She unhooked the tow dolly and pulled TK out of the way. With Gertie straddling the tongue to the tow dolly the front of the Honda was lifted up and set on the dolly. SO much easier than fighting with it. 

Once it was properly restrained we headed off to the scrap yard again. 

About a mile away from the yard it began to pour rain. I didn't feel like drowning while unloading so we went to Bojangles and got biscuits and jelly. 

The rain stopped and we headed across the highway. We got unloaded and headed home. 

I did see this old girl in the yard.

IMG_20170728_161441.jpg

Kind of sad because it could be saved. Hopefully someone will buy it. 

Buddy's mower was broken so we stopped by to take a look at it. Sure enough it would not run. It would turn over and backfire, but nothing else. I puled the valve cover off and found this mess.

IMG_20170728_164416.jpg

IMG_20170728_181554.jpg

We loaded it up on the tow dolly and left  with it.

Down in the field we found another OHV engine on a junker and pulled a push rod. 

Back at the tractor I put it all together and started to adjust the valves. The stud that let go of the rocker arm was turning with the nut. Not a good thing.

I tried to tighten it a bit and found this. 

IMG_20170728_181537.jpg

If you can't tell it is stripped out. I sent Steph to the parts house for  Helicoil kit. Heath an I got on Gertie and took a ride down the hill to look at the parts engine. I let him drive. He did pretty good. 

She got back and I got the coil installed. After some adjustment it fired right up and ran perfectly. Heath and I drove it around while Steph cleaned up tools. 

I still had the MightMax truck that was loaded with aluminum and steel. So we tossed the steel in the dump trailer, and used Gertie to pick up the heave engines and transmission and set them in a pile. 

Then Gertie pushed the pickup on the tow dolly. 

Finally Buddy's mower got loaded up in the back of the MightyMax so we can deliver it tomorrow morning. 

Finally at 830 we came in. 

We are both beat. Heath is wide open. Tomorrow we do it again. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4869 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted July 28, 2017 - 09:58 PM

Video finally posted. 

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4870 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 2,046 Thanks
  • 2,173 posts

Posted July 28, 2017 - 10:10 PM

Sad for that bronco, if I saw that it would be on my trailer headed home with me, hopefully someone takes it home.
  • Craig. said thank you

#4871 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 05:01 PM

Yesterday wasn't bad.

We were going to get up early. We didn't. My body refused. The scrap yard closed at 2 so we were not in a huge hurry.

6f781ccc918bf72d103d31e2e275b2ce--do-you

After lots of coffee and some time spent trying to stretch out overworked muscles, (Lifting the rear end of Buddy's mower didn't help my back) we left at 1.

We headed on down to Buddy's and dropped his mower off. 

Then we started for the scrap yard. When we got out of Buddy's neighborhood. my brain spasmed to life. We forgot the cordless impact and the sockets. The tires on the Mistubishi needed to come home with us. Oops. 

We turned for home instead. I told Steph to take the straps off the little truck, but to just leave it on the dolly. 

We ate some leftover pizza and watched videos for a bit. At  4 we left to get a Ford Focus. 

And so we did. We pulled out from under the Mitsu and left.

The guy we got it from is so twichy he makes me want to slap him. This is the third car I have gotten from him. He has been told he has to clean up the yard.He cannot slow down, and cannot let anyone do anything for themselves.

We got home without beating the guy to death,

At 6 I had to get up and go out to work on Graham's trucks AC.

It had a leaky high side pressure fitting. I replaced that and got my brand new HF vacuum pump out of the box. It was broken. Dangit. The old one would not pull down enough. It is a simple venturi pump so I am not sure why. Maybe it has something stuck in it. 

With the proper charge in the system it would not cool. I am thinking the orifice tube may be plugged. We decided to look at it later.

I came in and sat til bedtime. 

Today I was not even going to answer the phone. I was exhausted. 

However, Emily left for work at 130. At 137 she called. Christine was bucking under acceleration. I told her to baby it on to work. She was only a half mile away. 

We went down and I took a look under the hood. I didn't see anything off the bat. So I drove it down the road. It ran perfectly. I turned around in a parking lot and headed back. When I came back out on the highway it bucked hard. As soon as I let off the gas it stopped. It did not do it again. I went down another road and it worked perfect. Till I hit a bump. Then it started to buck and kept bucking till I let off the gas. 

I pulled back into the parking lot next to TheKracken and took a closer look. I found a spark plug wire that was 1/4 inch away from the exhaust manifold. When I hit a bump it hit the exhaust. Every time it bucked it would hit it again. 

We searched both trucks and found a roll a electrical tape. I taped it up and then taped all the wires on that side up out of the way of anything. Steph took it for a test and it did not buck. I took it down the road and beat on it hard. It worked like it always does.

I came back home and planted myself in the recliner again. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#4872 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 07:11 PM

I forgot to add that we fixed the interior door handle on TheKracken. It would not open from the in side. It was getting old having to put the window down every time someone wanted to get out. I pulled the door panel off and could not find anything wrong. ( remember we did the same thing shortly after I bought it.). Put it all back together and it didn't work. 

After much head scratching I finally figured out that it was an aftermarket door handle trim ring. It was not letting the handle come back far enough to open the door. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4873 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,966 Thanks
  • 9,998 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 07:16 PM

I hate it when the truck gets bucky.......
  • Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4874 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted August 01, 2017 - 08:28 PM

Two days worth.

Yesterday we got moving earlier than I wanted to. Although that is every morning.

20597315_10159815083320377_5937670631700040518_n.jpg

We got out the door and headed off to the scrap yard with the Focus. Every slow driver in the county was out. It took forever to get to the yard. 

Then we headed back and got the Mitsubishi. The same slow drivers were headed home. I have no problem with not speeding. However 30 in a 55 is ridiculous. 

We got back to the scrap yard at 1244. I had to get Emily to the dentist at 2. There should have been plenty of time. 

It took a bit to get unloaded. Then we got to the pay window and the slow girl was there. It took 45 minutes to get paid. Emily was calling me frantic. I told her to call the dentist and tell them we would be late.

We got home at 2. Then I got TheKracken in the wind and headed right back down to Shelby - for the third time.

Steph had an interview, she stayed home. 

We got to the dentist and there were about 20 people standing in a tiny lobby. There were 6 seats. I sat in the floor while she checked in. Heath and I got out some of his toys and played. Finally a chair opened up. I sat in it. 

After a bit the uppity secretary yelled that the seats were for patients only. Several people got up. I didn't. I was hurting,  Not one patient took a chair. Everyone sat back down. They scheduled way too many people for 2. All of us had 2:00 appointments. 

We finally got to to see the dentist. He looked at her teeth and said to make an appointment to get them out. I have no idea why we had to come to the appointment to be told to make another one.

We headed back and I stopped at Ace Hardware for a spring washer for the Lx188. I think I found one. I did however find....

IMG_20170731_165304.jpg

They are delicious. 

We got back home and Emily had to leave got work. I came in and sat down. 

About 20 minutes later the dogs started going bonkers. I looked out and Ernie was dropping off water heaters. I went out to talk to him. I told him it was the first time I had caught him doing it. He laughed. I usually just walk outside and one has bloomed in the yard. 

This morning I was slow getting up. My back was killing me. Sitting on the floor was not my friend. 

We finally shuffled outside about 10. 

I fired up Gertie and Steph unloaded the Mitsubishi's tires in the bucket. I dumped them around back. Tomorrow they are going on the trailer. Hard to find good 15 inch 6 lug wheels.

Then we cleaned up all the water heaters Ernie has left in the past couple of days and tossed them in the dump trailer. Then lots more of them and lots of misc scrap from the scrap pile. When it was full we came in to take a break. My back was not liking Gertie bouncing me around. 

At 130 we made our way down to the scrap yard. It was so nice to just back up and push a button to unload. 

Once we got paid too little we headed home. 

About 30 seconds later the phone rang. A guy had a load he wanted me to come look at. I told he we would be there in a bit. Then another guy called with a Plymouth Grand Voyager. I told him we would be there before 6. 

At the first house the guy had a pile of really odd metal. It is one inch thick rods about 12 feet long ( I am guessing because they are all mangled) with big beefy connectors so that there was about 400 feet of it all there in a tangled knot. 

It was a dairy farm so I am wondering if it was a lightening arresting system off the roof. I will get a picture of it when we got back to get it. 

We left his house and went home to trade the dump trailer for the tow dolly. 

ON the way down to his house in SC I was rolling along with traffic down a back road and I looked down. We were all going 75 in a 55. Speeders one day. Racers the next. 

We headed back to NC. 

Since the vacuum pump I got at HF was a piece of garbage, I took it back. I swapped them for a set of magnetic towing lights. 

Then we went to Dynasty Buffet and ate and ate. The bacon wrapped shrimp is heavenly. None of us had eaten all day so we were all famished. 

The hostess station was on the other side of the bubble wall from us. 

The sign on the top of the inside of the stand says, "Please do not play on your phone during work hours, Thank you." It wasn't an effective deterrent.

IMG_20170801_193715.jpg

We got our fortunes. Mine is on the bottom Steph's on the top. 

20525489_10155759612399739_1579642109721921299_n.jpg

Is there something I should worry about?? :D  :smilewink:

Heath's was unintelligibleIMG_20170801_194834.jpg .

We got back home at 845 and I got straight in the shower. 

The bed will feel good tonight.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks

#4875 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted August 01, 2017 - 08:31 PM

Sounds like the heavy rods were off an old stave silo.  They bind the silo together.

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks