#4816 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 10:51 AM

I learned an important lesson yesterday. 

Night before last Steph brought me a treat a box of cherries. They were good. 

coffee-train.jpg?1378845135

Yesterday morning we were up at 450. Too early. 

We were at the train station at 6. They boarded at 630. I headed home. 

Once I got home at 745, I found something out. Something I wish I had known earlier. Something that was not fun at all. 

Cherries are closely related to prunes. And as such they have the same effects on human physiology. Yes, my colon is clean now. Very clean. Very Very clean.

It was about 3 before I was back to normal. Well, normal-ish. I was pretty tired

WHen the all clear was sounded (pun intended) I went outside to get TheKracken hooked to the trailer. As I was struggling with that, Emily got home. I had her back the truck up. It made things much easier. 

She changed quickly and headed off to work. 

I left for the DMV. I got there, walked in the door, saw the line, and walked back out. I didn't feel like standing for 2 hours. 

I went up to Autozone and got spot mirrors for TheKracken. I then proceeded to put them on the mirrors in the wrong spot. I put them on the bottom inside corner. I have no idea what I was thinking. I blame it on the cherries. 

I decided to head on up to Hickory and poke around at Northern Tools. 

I found a replacement head for the ratcheting breaker bar. 

Then I moseyed on across 40 to Statesville. By the time I got there the mirrors had sufficiently driven me bonkers that I stopped and got another set and a scraper. With the mirrors properly installed in the upper outside corner I headed on to the old JR cigar building. 

I stopped and put a quarter tank of fuel in the CubCadet. It was a whole $.50. 

At JR I got the Cub fired up and it idled perfectly. I let it run for a minute then shut it off.

About 15 minutes later the other guy got there. We both had an hour drive to get there. 

After the customary bull session and inspecting the tractors we agreed on a trade. 

He got the better end of a straight trade. His Craftsman gt5000 for my Cub. As far as the trade goes I got the short end. However, I have been trying to sell the Cub for months and had no bites. The Craftsman I can sell. 

19732315_10155653571739739_7848438801135225573_n.jpg

I was home by about 8. I fed the bunnies and headed in. I heard BettyBlue come around the corner as I grabbed the door knob. 

As I walked in the house I heardthe engine on BB reving over and over. I was confused till I walked out front and saw she had driven it a bit too far down the hill and could not get her to back up. Since Betty is a one wheel drive she likes to get stuck. 

I went out and took over and got her back on firm ground in a few seconds. 

I came in, exhausted, and grabbed a couple of slices of left over pizza and headed off to shower. 

I was in bed a short time later. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4817 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 07:56 PM

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. I guess it was too quiet without Steph snoring. 

2eef719.jpg

I didn't really have a lot planned for today so I took it easy. About 1 I went out and got teh Craftsman off the trailer. I discovered it has no parking brake. As soon as I loosened the strap it took off on its own. It fired right up and drove around back. The brakes appear to work. I guess the PB just needs adjusting. 

I parke dthe trailer around back and came in for a cold drink of water. I was drenched in sweat. 

At around 3 I headed down to Shelby. I was in and out of the DMV in 20 minutes. I will be driving down there from now on. 

I decided to go by and see if Buddy was home. He was. He was attempting to install ah  light on the back of his house. I helped him out. We got it done and came in. i was drenched again when we got through. 

Pam got home and we talked a bit. I looked at her truck to see what part she needed. It needs a  fan switch.  

I came home and fed the rabbits. I was drenched again. I took a shower and ate some tacos. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks

#4818 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted July 07, 2017 - 05:28 PM

You tell a teenager one thing to no do and what happens. 

I was alseep early last night. This morning I was up at 8. I felt like an elephant had trampled me. I decided to watch a TV and wait for Sam to get here. 

170765090_53762a686c.jpg

He got here and we went out to work. 

First the Ransom went up on the ramps and we changed over to the new mulching blades I bought.

Delilah diddn't want to restart so I told Sam to not turn it off again.

WIth Delilah happily idling in the background,  we got the back end of the Gt5000 up in the air. Sam pulled the blades, I sharpened them.

Once that was back together we started mowing. 

Things went great in the back yard. He started mowing with Delilah and I went to the gas station. When I got back I put gas in the GT5000 (Littlered) and mowed with it. 

We got the back done and then had to move all the trucks to mow the front. I told Sam that the key to Gertie was on the carabiner that Delilahs key was on. And like a teenager, he walked over, and tuned her off.  I nearly strangled him. 

We moved all the truck and he went over and attempted to restart Delilah. You can imagine how that went. I couldn't hear what he was doing because another neighbor was mowing. The starter wasn't turning properly and he was just holding the key. He fried the starter. 

I went over and it was too hot to touch. I told him to go mow Graham's yard while I attacked the starter with the garden hose. Once I could touch it I got it off. It was completely locked up. 

After a search of every parts bin, and a phone call to Tim, I found nothing. I didn't think I had another Kholer twin anywhere. I was wrong. The mosnter Snapper I had, that was made up of 45% compressed rust, had one. 

I got Gertie and carried it over. 

The engine was side shaft mounted and the starter was down in side the frame. The only way to get it out was to pull the engine. 

Sam came back and I told him to go mow Janice's yard. So he did. 

After pulling the front end off the Snapper and getting the engine mounting plate loose I discovered that the engine still would not come out. The front engine bolts were FUBAR so no getting those out. I guess the last person who worked on it had butchered them. 

Sam came back and I told him to get the sawszall. With half the rusty frame removed the engine fell to the ground.

The starter turned, but the bendix would not come out. So I carreid it to the work table. after some disassembly, cleaning, greasing, and reassembly it worked just as smooth as could be. 

Finally, it started right up. 

I mowed the ditches that Sam didn't mow. The new blades mow beatifully. 

I came back and went over and fed and watered the bunnies. 

The UPS guy came and asked if I had fallen in the creek. I was drenched. 

We came in. We drank two gallons of Gatorade and lots of water. I don't know what the temp was, but it was hot. 

• Gtractor, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4819 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 7,470 Thanks
  • 4,584 posts

Posted July 07, 2017 - 09:01 PM

I put this up when I got home from work. I looked like I had jumped in it after it was up, but there wasn't any water in it yet. We are trying a new location.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1190916.jpg

• Craig. said thank you

#4820 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted July 07, 2017 - 09:04 PM

I put this up when I got home from work. I looked like I had jumped in it after it was up, but there wasn't any water in it yet. We are trying a new location.

Shade is always good

• larrybl and Craig. have said thanks

#4821 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted July 08, 2017 - 07:16 PM

After the bad step yesterday, I have not done much today. 

relax_take_it_easy_postcard-r9288d08b9f5

I woke up this morning feeling like an elephant was standing on me wearing stiletto heels. I had a small job to do, but decided not doing it was more important. 

My neighbor came over to pay me for mowing her yard.

With a rubber check.

rubber.jpg

I was dying laughing. 

After more doing nothing I got up at 430 and went out. 

I unhooked the tow dolly, which is really easy with a car on it. You unhook the coupler then go back and stomp on the ramp. It pops right off. 

Then I drove TheKracken to the Mupwhy station. I got beer, Dr Pepper, a Milky Way bar, and a bag og beef jerky. It would have been cheaper in Walmart, but I would have had to walk 4 miles to get everything. 

I came home and continued doing nothing. 

Tomorrow I may have to go do something. 

Edited by UncleWillie, July 08, 2017 - 07:17 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#4822 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 14,370 Thanks
  • 10,141 posts

Posted July 08, 2017 - 09:05 PM

Are you in the path of the eclipse? If so, you should turn the place into a hippy party.

Or

Start preaching that it's the end of mankind, and people should leave their belongings behind and prepare to board the mothership. How's your fire and brimstone speech abilities? Might wanna start practicing... and start building a pulpit, and stock up on folding chairs.
  • MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4823 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted July 09, 2017 - 08:12 PM

I dont have the energy for partying or preaching. i will just sit quietly with a beer and watch. 

My big day included drivein BettyBlue to the pharmacy and stopping at Bojangles on the way home. 

Edited by UncleWillie, July 09, 2017 - 08:13 PM.

• olcowhand, larrybl, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks

#4824 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted July 10, 2017 - 09:59 PM

Today was miserable.

without-coffee.jpg?w=300&h=300

I took my time getting moving today. I was still a bit sore, but moving.

At around 1 I got Emily to help me get the truck hooked to the tow dolly again.

I gave the rabbits some water and noticed that the momma rabbit's bottle was leaking. I made a mental note to buy her a new one. The grow out cage needed a new one as well. 

Then I headed out.

I stopped at a bojangles/gas station in bit. I don't ride bikes, but his was nice. He had ridden down from Ohio. 

I had noticed a woman in a Chevy HHR pulled past the drivethru window when I got there. I didn't think much of it. When I walked in side she was sitting there sweating. 

I did my business and came out about 10 minutes later. She was still there. I asked her if she was waiting for an order. She was waiting on a drink. I would have gone in and thrown a fit by then.

I got to the scrap yard and there was a guy on the scale, I waited.  And waited. And waited. 20 minutes later he got weighed and I got on the scale. My buddy came over and said that only 3 people (outside of office staff) came to work. One of those no one had seen for 2 hours! There was a line of people behind me. 

I got unloaded and got back on the scale. Eveyone else had Misc scrap that took a while to unload, whereas all I had to do was pull the straps and drive off. 

I left the scrap yard and headed down to Chicfila. I was hungry since I had not eaten since last night.

Pam (Buddy's wife) was just getting off work and came over and talked to me a bit. I need to fix her AC control in her Passport. 

Then I went up to TSC and got rabbit food, 4 waterers, and 8 cans of r134a that were on sale. I have to do 2 ACs this week IF they show up. Never hurts to have extra. 

I got a text from the gal who had the car I was supposed to get Saturday, but couldn't because I couldn't stand up. The car was still available. 

So I headed home. 

It was so hot I had to make a hat for my GPS. It kept shutting off. 

19894770_10155671869619739_447954194508757088_n.jpg

The momma rabbit was esctatic to get her new bottle. I put two more on the grow out pen., Can't have too much water. I put the extra one in the shop. 

I snagged 4 saturn tires and pulled some lugs off the Subaru because Orielly's website said they were the same. 

I left and had to come right back to get the jack. LOL. 

I got to the house and found the car.

19988893_10155671856029739_1865980301_n.jpg

I jacked it up and attempted to put a tire on. Orielly's was wrong. The lugs didn't fit. 

The gal had told me that it had no tires. It had 2. So it had 8 lug nuts for sure. 

I got the tires on and found that the front passengers side had lug nuts but not tire. Each tire got 3 lugs.

I then ran into a problem. No key. I had no tools outside of the jack, my cordless impact, and the 40 inch breaker bar with the 1 1/8 socket on it. 

I took the jack handle and beat the plastic off the steering column. However, I couldn't swing hard enough inside the car to break the key switch. I did see that it had an arm that went from the switch to the column. I wedged the breaker behind it and pulled hard. The arm snapped right off. I had steering. 

I started to push it backwards and it went about 4 feet and stopped. The catalytic converer had been cut off ( appearantly by a rabid beaver with dull teeth) and the pipe was digging in to the ground. It was going to drag so something had to be done. 

I could not pull it out, and I knew I had no rope or a strap in the truck. 

So I got creative. 

19894860_10155671403469739_7521054219386031630_n.jpg

19884009_10155671403684739_4436998319752385571_n.jpg

I cut three seat belts out of the Saturn and tied the pipe up. 

I got it loaded and I was soaking wet, but I had stopped sweating. Not a good thing. I went staight to ghe closest gas station and got two bottles of Powerade for $.99 each. One did not make it back to the truck. 

I got home and parked. It took me a minute to get out of the truck because I was stiff.

And here is my Saturn Gokart.

19875579_10155671471804739_7572091119189223476_n.jpg

Tomorrow it gets smashed.

I came in and showered. I was nasty. Dirt and gravel from rolling around in the driveway tying up the exhaust, and soaking wet with sweat.

Tomorrow I will try to drink more. 

Edited by UncleWillie, July 10, 2017 - 10:01 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4825 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted July 11, 2017 - 09:21 PM

This morning I had one small job to do. I just got back inside.

fcclogohdjpgsml.png

Emily woke me up at 830 to tell me she had to be at the dentist at 10. I completely forgot about it.

Since TheKracken was already hooked to the junk Saturn we saddled up and left. The scrap yard was close to the dentist.

While the dentist looked inside Emily's head, I sat and watched a home improvement show on the waiting room TV. It was pretty bad.

They gave her a referral to have her wisdom teeth removed and we left.

It didn't take long to get the Saturn unloaded, Everyone at the scrap yard came to work today.

With my entire $79 we headed home. At least I didn't pay anything for it.

Emily was hungry and wanted TacoBell. So we went.

I came home, watered the rabbits, and sat down long enough to eat. Then my phone rang a guy in Hickory had an Infinity. So I begrudgingly go up and went.

I got to his house and found a bullet riddled carcass of a car. I asked about the bullet holes. He said he was ambushed by some guys. I decided to get the car loaded up and leave as fast as I could. So I did.

So I got home again.

Buddy had called and told me that his AC had stopped. I told him to bring it on.

He and Miriam showed up about a hour later. I spent that time feeding and watering and cleaning liter-boxes.

I got under the hood of Buddy's truck and got to work. First I looked at the belt and it was fine. I hooked up my gauges  and the Freon was low. So I pulled a vacuum to see if we could find a leak. I started putting Freon in and after one can I had not heard the compressor kick on. I jumped out the pressure switch and sure enough it clicked, but it did not run.

I took some doing to finally get to where I could see the compressor. It is buried under all the air intake piping. Once I could see it I realized it had no belt. Since the belt diagram was right under my hand I took a look and saw that it had a separate AC belt. I had not seen that before.

I looked a bit deeper and found the broken belt. So we unhooked the Infinity and took TheKracken to the parts house. With a belt secured we stopped at Heffner's to get food. Buddy and Miriam were hungry, and the power was out at their house. A tree had fallen and taken down some power lines.

Once we were fed we headed home. Emily had neither realize that they had come or that we all left and came back. LOL.

After trying for a while to put the belt on from the top, and having no luck. I tried going under the truck. I pulled off the lower splash cover and sure enough the AC was right there. I had it on easy enough.

Then I charged the AC. It was blowing ice cubes in no time.

Finally at 9pm I got back inside, took a shower, and I am done for the day.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#4826 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted July 11, 2017 - 10:12 PM

Go say hi to my brother. He got a Gravley today. 

http://gardentractor...tn/#entry781003

Edited by UncleWillie, July 11, 2017 - 10:12 PM.

• cttandy said thank you

#4827 cttandy OFFLINE  

cttandy
  • Member No: 87613
  • 103 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted July 11, 2017 - 10:20 PM

Guess I will join the Dark Side
  • MH81, UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4828 cttandy OFFLINE  

cttandy
  • Member No: 87613