#4802 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 10:34 AM

She doesn't have a name yet. Heath has been calling her gray kitty.
  • Craig. said thank you

#4803 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 12:57 PM

How's about High Boots? 

And then if she got outside I could run around the yard yelling, "High, come here, High, I lost my High." LOLOL.

• Gtractor, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4804 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 9,509 Thanks
  • 4,770 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 03:20 PM

Sure, but then when she comes you can say "Hi, Boots, good to see ya!"

Edited by oldedeeres, June 30, 2017 - 03:21 PM.

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4805 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 09:53 PM

Long day. 

Last night Sam called and said he needed money and wanted to come up to work. I told him come on. 

253a7c92e63f29a7867c67963fb10e65.jpg

I was out of bed for about 5 minutes when Ben called. He wanted to know if I knew anyone with a planer. I told him I had one and I would bring it down in a bit. 

Sam got here just as I was going out. He loaded the planer on the back of BettyBlue then I put him on Delilah and pointed him to the neighbors yard. 

After a sufficient amount of harassing Ben I dropped the planer off in his shop and headed home. 

It was lightly sprinkling when I got back and Sam was still mowing. I brought him a hat and left him to it. 

I came in for more coffee. It stopped raining in about 10 minutes.

Sarah brought Emily home. She also had Nemiah with her so Heath had someone to play with.

When he got back I told to get the string mower and get to it. I swear from in the house that thing sounds like a helicopter. 

Steph came out and helped me get the JD188 up on the repair stand. It is so much easier with Gertie helping. 

I took a look under the JD and found that many pieces are going to have to come off in order for me to install the cooling fan. 

I turned my attention to Sam's van. National tire told him he needed new rear brakes immediately.  

I jacked it up and took a peek. Of course it started raining again. It stopped again in a few minutes.

Sam finally managed to break the string on the mower after several hours of weed whacking.I tried the string I was using on the other mower. It didn't work. 

I attempted to plug in my 100 foot extension cord and found that the string mower had taken a bite of it. It mangled the plug. I sent Steph off in search of a new one and look for string. 

The brakes are still 3/8 of an inch. NTB just wanted a sale. He has plenty of life in them unless he rides around with the parking brake on. 

Tyler came over to goof off. 

Steph got home and said they didn't have any line at Ace. All sold out. She did have a plug. So I installed it. 

I pulled the front tires his van off just to be sure and those brakes looked brand new. h

I told Sam and Tyler to get the water heater that had sprouted up. They took Gertie to get it. 

Just as I was getting ready to pack it up for the day, Sam reminded me he needed a coil spring for a welding class project. I didn't have one loose so we went to harvest one off the parts pickup. Of course it started raining again. 

I thought it would stop. However, this time it got serious about it. I wasn't stopping so I kept right on. 

In a short time I had the spring out and we found a piece of steel to put in its place so I truck could still be moved. 

We packed up the tools and headed for the house. And the rain stopped. 

I got in the shower. Steph cooked pork chops for everyone. 

I thought I was done for the day until Steph asked if we were still going to Becca's house. I totally forgot about it.

Becca is the gal whose husband died a short time ago. He was fascinated by the little libraries people put up. If you don't know what they are go here https://littlefreelibrary.org/

Becca had one built and put it up in his honor. We had a arm full of books that we carried up. Of course it rained off and on all the way up. 

It was a good visit.

We headed home and I realized it was the first time I had driven TheKracken in the dark. I am glad the headlights worked!

We stopped for a bag of sugar so Steph can have her tea. I also snagged some superglue so I can repair Heaths firetruck. 

We got home and I am exhausted. 

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4806 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 7,008 Thanks
  • 4,415 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 10:11 PM

My Wife went grocery shopping late and couldn't remember how to turn the lights on in the Ranger. All I could say was Duh.

Edited by larrybl, June 30, 2017 - 10:11 PM.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4807 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted July 01, 2017 - 12:18 AM

My Wife went grocery shopping late and couldn't remember how to turn the lights on in the Ranger. All I could say was Duh.

Lolol
  • Craig. said thank you

#4808 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,974 Thanks
  • 10,004 posts

Posted July 01, 2017 - 12:34 AM

Shouldn't grey kitty get named Gritty just to keep life simple?
  • Gtractor, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4809 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 08:35 PM

I was gonna do nothing today. 

ls.jpg

Steph went out to murder fuzzy tails.

I was sitting here chilling in my recliner, watching The Man From U.N.C.L.E. marathon decades, and ouring java in my gut; when Steph said she wanted to fire up the pressure washer to clean out some rabbit cages. 

Begrudgingly I got up and went out. 

I wanted to see if there was really an engine under the gunk beneath Gertrude's hood so I pulled it around back and sprayed it down with degreaser. 

I started up the pressure washer and immediately knew things were not going to be good. I should have gone back inside. 

The pressure washer had developed a crack in the valve body. I am not saying that Sam did it, but he was the last one to use it. I am not sure how it could have gotten cracked though. 

I dragged the other Honda PW out of from behind the shop. It was not compatible with the 9hp honda it has a monster cat pump on it. The 9hp isn't enough to spin it. 

I knew somewhere there were 2 more of them in the weeds. So we set out on a safari hunt to locate them. 

Steph hit the jackpot. We dragged the first one up the hill. It had the same pump so I pulled it off and installed it on the engine. 

No joy. It was plugged with mud. Thanks dirt dobbers. 

I cleaned and washed and took things apart and still could not get it to work. I finally started taking each part off one at a time and blowing compressed air through them. It got put back on a couple of times and tested. Before too long the dry ground I was sitting on became a morass of hopelessness.

I sent Steph after the third unit. She came back and said it had no pump on it. Dangit. 

So not knowing that I couldn't, I disassembled both valve bodies and made one good one. When I had air blowing through it I knew I had it. Finally we fired it up and it yacked out a stream of black water then started spraying a stream about 40 feet long. 

So I shut it down one more time and hooked up the spray wand. Then I blasted bunny poop out of the cages. 

I then turned to Gertie. She was a nasty girl. 

Since the rabbit cages were out of the way I took Gertie over to scoop up bunny poo. I dumped it in the garden and then blasted the bucket out again. 

Delilah, TheKracken, the LT188,the 242,  and the string mower all got de gunked. The LT188's engine was just a blob of grease and dirt. I was shocked how good it looked under the protective layer of filth. 

When I was done I hit the kill switch on the pressure washer. Nothing happened. So I pulled the wiring off and touched them together.  The pumpless unit down the hill has the same switch I will steal it and install it on the runner. 

In all, the 45 minute job morphed into almost 4 hours. Most of that I was sitting on the ground with no back support. You don't realize how long  you have been sitting like that until you try to stand up. OUCH.

I came in to take a shower and found a white bunny in the tub. It had nowhere to go while her cage was being cleaned.  I had to call Steph to come get it out of the tub and take it to its home so I could shower. 

She finally came in and was as tired as I was. I ordered pizza for dinner. 

So now the tractors are clean, the live bunnies have clean houses, the fridge is full of dead bunnies, and the pressure washer is working. 

How is it that a day off requires so much work?

• olcowhand, larrybl, Gtractor and 4 others have said thanks

#4810 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 7,008 Thanks
  • 4,415 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 08:45 PM

Most of my day offs are like that. Replace a floor in a back bed room, and next up is to repair / replace underpinning.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4811 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 1,101 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted July 03, 2017 - 11:13 AM

I have every day off but some of them do get some afternoon work.

#4812 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 9,509 Thanks
  • 4,770 posts

Posted July 03, 2017 - 12:27 PM

It has been my experience that a day off of one job usually means a day on something else, seldom the couch.

#4813 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,417 Thanks
  • 45,945 posts

Posted July 03, 2017 - 04:18 PM

I've had every day off for some time and I seldom spend it away from the shop!

• olcowhand, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4814 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted July 03, 2017 - 07:18 PM

The dog days of summer are upon us.

Last night MawMaw Wander came over and said she had found a dog. Sure enough she had. It was a pretty little Australian Shepherd. It would not get near anyone but her though. So she took it home and put it on her screened in porch. 

coffee-dog-1.jpg

This morning Steph had an interview. She left and immediately texted me a picture of a lost dog flyer on the stop sign. I called the number and told them I may have it. I had to go over and see if Wanda was home. 

When I got over there the first thing she said was the dog escaped. It had been on her porch up until 5 minutes before I showed up. Then it jumped through the screened door.h

I called and told them the bad news. They wanted to come over and look anyhow. 

Wanda's brother, Tommy, had messed up his phone again. It didn't take me long to fix it. I am getting good at it.

I did not have my glasses so I had to wear Wanda's LOL.  No pictures.

The dogs owners showed up and we talked to them a bit. 

Then I had to give Wanda her glasses back so she could read something. 

In a few minutes I had to borrow them again to see to take a Jazzy wheelchair apart. The batteries would not charge I was going to take them home to see if they would charge on a regular charger. 

I carted them back home and hooked one up. 

A guy called about a truck. I told him as soon as Steph got home we would come get it. 

She got home and we left. 

The truck was a basket case Dodge Dakota. I was wondering if all of it was going to get home with us. 

I took back roads just in case. 

Back home we came in. 

Steph made rabbit tacos for dinner. Good stuff. 

After dark we are going to Cherryville to watch the fireworks. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4815 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted July 04, 2017 - 04:27 PM

I really have to stop saying, "This wont take long."

Last night we went to downtown Cherryville, sat in the rain, and watched the fireworks. Heath loved it.

This morning we all slept in. 

We got up and bumped around for a while. Then I decided to go out and put the innertubes in the front tires of the Cub Cadet. I said it wouldn't take long. 

The first tire went beautifully. 10 minutes and done. The second one, I pinched the inner tube. Steph looked and found one patch. the backing was already peeled off of it. So she went to Walmart to get some.

I came in to drink water. 

She got back and we put the tube in. It had a bit too much air in it, so I pulled the valve stem out. I got the tube where it needed to be and then dropped the valve stem. WIth the help of a long set of hemostats I got it out. 

30 minutes later it went on the rim. 

Then I decided to get it started and put it on the trailer. The tractor had other ideas though. 

After some application of Seaform spray and some patience I got it running at an idle. Then it threw the belt off the starter generator. The front pulley on the engine was way out of line. So I put it back right. It stayed on for about 5 minutes then threw it off again. 

After lots of irritation and aggravation I got it lined up and tightened where it didn't fly off again. 

Then I got it started again. 

Idled, throttled up, and idled back down perfectly. 

It got loaded on the trailer, And th threw the belt off again. 

I put it back on and adjusted it a bit more. 

Finally, I shut the fuel off, pulled off the fuel line, and ran it dry. I have never pulled one more than a few miles with gas in it and had it run properly when I got there. 

It only took 4 1/2 hours. 

I was drenched when I go inside. I got straight in the shower. 

Tomorrow morning I have to take Steph and Heath to the train station in Charlotte. I do not want to get up at 5am to do that. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks