UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted June 12, 2017 - 05:56 PM

I was going to rest up some today...HA.

As I was lounging on my bed perusing blogs i have not seen in a while, and looking up prices for Subaru parss, the dogs started barking. Sam was here. 

elevator_repairman_mug.jpg

I threw on some clothes and went to see what he needed.

The push mower we put a handle on would not start. I told him to put it up on the gurney and I took a look at it.

The emergency shut of handle cable was not properly attached and the switch didn't want to move. I shot some wd40 on it and reattached the cable to the handle with zip ties. It worked perfectly.  

Steph needed me to come to the school and help her load a big tote with her teaching stuff in the truck. She also wanted to go eat lunch. SO we did. 

19105645_10155553920079739_2711385165228955128_n.jpg

Heath "drove".

We went to CHickfila. Heath went bonkers playing while we ate. Then we went back to the school and loaded the tote in the truck. Heath played on the playground. I let him run for about 30 minutes and then we headed home. 

Graham called and wanted to come change his oil. I told him I would let him know when I got home. And I did. 

I pulled around back and started trying to get the hitch off the Suburban. It is a little rusted in place. I cut the locking pin off of it and heated it with my grass burning propane torch. I couldn't find my little plumbing torch and I am out of Oxygen in the tanks. 

Graham came over and we got his little truck up on ramps. Heath crawled under with him to help.

I tried everything I could think of on the hitch. It didn't budge. 

Sam came back and said he was waiting for Emily to get home from work so they could go to South Mountain to go hiking. 

Graham finished up and I conned him into running the string mower a while. I started taking the transaxle out of Buddy's Craftsman mower. 

He got things trimmed. I got the mower apart. 

I was drenched in sweat and exhausted. I came in. Graham went home. Heath wasn't happy to come in but he did. I needed a shower and didn't want him running around while I was under water. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4757 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted June 12, 2017 - 06:02 PM

I was drenched in sweat and exhausted. 

Sounds exactly like my day!  Get ready Willie, we ain't even seen hot yet I'm afraid, even though it felt like it today.

• Craig., KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4758 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted June 12, 2017 - 07:56 PM

Sounds exactly like my day!  Get ready Willie, we ain't even seen hot yet I'm afraid, even though it felt like it today.

The humidity today was ridiculous. Much Gatorade on tap for tomorrow. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4759 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted June 13, 2017 - 04:15 PM

I melted today.

Steph had her last day of work for the summer so Heath and I got out and got to working. 

gat.jpg

First we had to fix Buddy's little Craftsman. I had a tractor that looked identical to it and when I pulled the trans-axle out of it it was completely different. I was going to have to change a lot of stuff to get it to work. I wandered down in the field to see what treasures were hidden in the weeds. 

After a bit I found a Poulan that had a 5 speed trans, but everything else was the same. I came up and got Gertrude and got it. Since it is a junker I just wrapped a ratchet strap around the steer in column under teh wheel and picked it up with the bucket.

I stuck it in the carport still dangling from Gertie and pulled the trans-axle out. Heath helped a lot. He also kept my cup full of Gatorade. I have never had a bartender while I was working. 

We got the axle out and I only had to change the rock shaft to make it work in the other one. 

The shafts were rusty so I started the engine and put it in gear and help sand paper on them. Heath saw me do one and did the other one by himself. Then we greased the axle and reinstalled the tires.

The parts tractor go taken back down to the field and another Troybilt went down to join it. 

The Craftsman came down off the stand and I mowed a circle around the back yard. I need to adjust the brakes because I couldn't stop. 

I parked it and pushed the kill button ( It had a wierd electrical problem and would not shut off properly so I put a horn button on it) it fell through the dash. The engine was hot and I like my skin so I left it to cool off before I tried to fix it. 

I turned my attention to Delilah. Her starter went out Saturday. SO I pulled the starter off the Falcon and put it on. 

A few minutes later I saw Heath crawling all over Buddy's tractor and checking out the dash area. I walked over and he had put the switch back in the hole and replaced the rubber cover on it. That's my boy.

Steph got home and we tried to jump start Delilah with BettyBlue. Nothing happened. I put the jumper cables directly to the starter and it fired up instantly. I tried it again with the other end of the cables on the Delilah's battery instead of the truck. It started instantly. So I need get another button to make a workaround for that until I have time to pull it apart and find the problem.

Since Steph was clean and I was not I had her get in the Suburban and I chained the hitch to a tree. After a couple of pulls.

gat1.jpg

Since that wasn't towing anything anymore I had Steph back the Burb under the carport and we pulled the hitch off. 

I pulled the hitch off the parts Suburban and we put it on. It was a direct fit and only took 5 minutes. 

While we did that Heath had to service his car. 

gat2.jpg

gat3.jpg

It was starting to rain so we came in. 

Heath and I got in the shower. He was dirtier than I was. 

Depending on how bad it rains tonight I have more work to do tomorrow. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4760 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted June 13, 2017 - 05:16 PM

Glad you didn't hook a trailer to that hitch!

• Craig. said thank you

#4761 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted June 13, 2017 - 05:27 PM

And an update....

For the last couple of years a white and gold Ford truck has been flying past my house at nearly 100 mph. One day I was working on the neighbors well and heard him coming and stopped him. I told him I would throw a brick through his windshield if he did it again. He has been flying up the road and slamming on his brakes at my property line and going 45 to the other side then speeding on. 

A few weeks ago I was going across the second bridge on our road, and fortunately I had slowed way down for the curve. The Ford came around the curve on my side of the road - over my white stripe- and barely missed hitting us head on.  

We have not been able to get his tag number or figure out where he lives. 

Well today I was looking on Facebook and found a truck for sale that was wrecked. It looked familiar. So I did a little research and it turns out he lived exactly where we thought he did. I checked the Gaston county GIS and found the same house that is in the pictures. 

I hope it hurt him. 

Attached Thumbnails

• idiot.jpg
  • idiot1.jpg
  • idiot3.jpg

• Craig., KennyP and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#4762 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted June 13, 2017 - 05:34 PM

Serves him right as long as nobody else was hurt in the process.

• Craig., KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4763 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 800 Thanks
  • 271 posts

Posted June 13, 2017 - 06:27 PM

Looks like he met up with a light or power pole. Doesn't look like anything else. Most of those collisions are solo events, so just desserts....
  • olcowhand, Craig. and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#4764 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted June 13, 2017 - 09:00 PM

Looks like he met up with a light or power pole. Doesn't look like anything else. Most of those collisions are solo events, so just desserts....

Whatever it was, it was pretty darn solid!  The impact spot on the hood looks kinda flat, unlike a round power pole or tree.  Whatever it was, it sure stopped him, and rather abruptly!  :D

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4765 jimt1971 OFFLINE  

jimt1971

• Member No: 6295
  • 30 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted June 13, 2017 - 09:55 PM

Did you try to buy so you get to scrap it? He may get surprised when you show up to pick it up.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4766 Greasy6020 OFFLINE  

Greasy6020
  • Member No: 78477
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 1,397 posts

Posted June 14, 2017 - 09:33 AM

Did you try to buy so you get to scrap it? He may get surprised when you show up to pick it up.

Sadistic

I like the way you think!
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#4767 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted June 14, 2017 - 10:10 AM

Did you try to buy so you get to scrap it? He may get surprised when you show up to pick it up.

They're wanting $2,000 for it like it's it's their insane must have had a head injury during the wreck.
  • KennyP said thank you

#4768 jimt1971 OFFLINE  

jimt1971

• Member No: 6295
  • 30 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted June 14, 2017 - 10:35 AM

It was a Ford SOOOOO. Head injury is possible.

#4769 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,966 Thanks
  • 9,998 posts

Posted June 14, 2017 - 12:15 PM

It was a Ford SOOOOO. Head injury is possible.

Or a pre-existing condition......

We have a kid in the neighborhood that rolled his car into the neighbor's ditch. Twice. In a 30 mph zone. He graduated two years ago and still lives at home. He must have a decent job though. It seems every time he speeds past our place, he ends up with a bad tire within a day or two and has to buy a new one. Weird.

#4770 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted June 14, 2017 - 05:06 PM

Today I murdered grass.

I was exhausted from yesterday. I slept in till all of 9. 

quarter.jpg

We didn't get outside immediately.

When I did get outside, Heath and I left for Autozone to get some switches. Steph started moving stuff to mow. 

I got  back and she had the string mower going and was trimming. 

BettyBlue got hooked to the trailer and pulled around under a tree where we had some shade. 

We started working on Delilah. First I made up some wiring to go from the battery to the starter using a  starter button. Since I don;t have a wiring diagram for this monster I am having to make it work till I can stop using it this fall. 

Once the button was wired up I started to install a switch for the PTO. When I started pulling wiring apart to put the switch on I found this.

19059575_10155563011099739_5304374370016780487_n.jpg

So I fixed it. 

Oddly enough the thing began to start with the key after I fixed it. I have no idea why. I left the button on it as a backup.

I had Steph using Buddy's tractor to go back and forth to the shop to see if it would mess up again. It didn't.

Finally the I backed Delilah off the trailer. 

All the trucks got moved around back and then mowing began. 

When Steph pulled the rope on the string mower it broke. Fortunately it started first. I told her to mow till the string came off it. 

I hopped on Delilah and started mowing. 

I got the front  done and then saw my neighbor, Janis,  outside. The drive belt on her mower broke and I told her I would finish it up for her. 

Steph got on Buddy's mower to help mow. Heath was inside watching tv. 

Once I had 95% of the yard done I left Steph to finish while I went next door to get Janis' yard.

At some point I hit a rock and dulled the middle blade on Delilah. I had to compensate by only mowing with half the deck. It took longer, but got it done. 

I finished and came in the house. As soon as I sat down I got a text from the neighbor on the other side of Janis. She wanted her front yard mowed. I told her as soon as I caught my breath I would be down. 

It didn't take long to get hers mowed and she gave me a jar of homemade salsa. (Steph made tacos tonight so and it is good salsa)

I came home and parked Delilah. 

Steph needed to get a prescription filled and had been out in the sun so long (she isn't used to it anymore since she got a job as school) and wanted me to drive her down. So I did. 

We took the Suburban. After sitting for a few minutes waiting for the prescription to get filled the front brakes were not wanting to release. By the time I got home they were working right. I don't know why. It is just something else I have to look into. 

I showered off all the grass from mowing 1/4 mile of yards on my road and I am parked in my recliner. 

Edited by UncleWillie, June 14, 2017 - 05:30 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks