MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,978 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted June 01, 2017 - 10:00 PM

You need to weld some stop-tabs on the front of the dolly cradles to stop the tires from going too far.

Big ones.

Thank God for Gertie.
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4727 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted June 01, 2017 - 10:46 PM

It has bumps (I am sure there is a technical name) on the front. Any taller and they would hit the front bumpers on lower cars.
  • Gtractor, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4728 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,978 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted June 02, 2017 - 06:26 AM

It has bumps (I am sure there is a technical name) on the front. Any taller and they would hit the front bumpers on lower cars.

This popped in my head LOL

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1337.JPG

• Craig., KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4729 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted June 02, 2017 - 07:06 AM

This popped in my head LOL

That would have been hilarious when that guy drove up on the dolly  few weeks back. 

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#4730 Z71 Sierra ONLINE  

Z71 Sierra
  • Member No: 84173
  • 269 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted June 02, 2017 - 04:22 PM

My father and I walked into the back room of one of our suppliers today. There was three of these ancient carts. A white and blue one with the company logo, and two rusted ones. I told the owner I remember the white and blue from when I was a kid sitting on top of a wall by the sand pile. He told me that his dad, who has now since passed, took it down because he thought someone would steal it. They found two more on the property while cleaning it up. My father ended up buying this one from them. Should make some nice yard art. 

Four seasons 1.jpg four seasons 2.jpg

• Gtractor, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4731 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted June 02, 2017 - 06:50 PM

Rollin', rollin', rollin'.........

This morning I got Heath on the bus then came in to caffeinate myself. 

rawhide-coffee-llc-logo.png

At 8 I called the Autozone rewards number. I had not had my points put on a new card since my wallet was stolen back in December. The gal found $40 worth of points from 10 years ago. It gave me $60. Woohooo. 

I hopped in BettyBlue and dragged the black Saturn to the scrap yard. I got about 100 yards when I saw one of my brand new magnetic tow lights dangling beside the truck. I stuck it back on, but it was missing both it's lenses.  So I made a u turn at the top of the hill and came back and parked in my ditch. 

As I was walking up the road to look for them MawMaw Wander came out and asked what I had lost. She didn't make it to where I was before I found them. They were both broken, but I was able to reattach them with electrical tape. Then we talked a bit. Graham wandered out to the road and joined us for a bit. Then I had to leave. 

It is about a 20 minutes drive to the scrap yard. I got there and unloaded, pulled the tires off and brought them back. Once that was done I headed back towards the house. 

I passed a Bojangle's and saw a $4 breakfast special. So I pulled in. Bouncing the dolly through the driveway was fun. 

I stopped at Autozone and got front and rear brakes and a rear brake hardware kit and a milky way bar. Grand total was $1.43.

Then I came home and  parked the truck. I had to go visit "my old friend john". I got back out, unloaded teh Saturn wheels,  and attempted to jump start the Decrepit with the Subaru. Scooby had a dead battery. So I pulled Gertie over and jumped it off. It loaded itself onto the dolly then I strapped it down. 

I pulled out of the drive and got about a mile down the road when I heard the ramps scraping pretty bad. I forgot to put the pin in the dolly. SO I stopped in the middle of the road and put it in. 

The Decrepit got unloaded at the scrap yard and I headed back home. It had steel wheels and bad tires so they stayed on it. 

I pulled under the tree in the front yard and got started putting my new winch on the mount. In about 30 minutes I was done. Then I backed around to the third Saturn and winched it up. Once it was strapped down I left. 

And I got about 50 yards before the ramps started scraping again. So I stopped and put the pin back in. Dangit. 

I unloaded, pulled the wheels off and brought them back. 

In the scrap yard I unloaded, pulled off the tires brought them home. 

Heath was home when I got back. I backed up to the Malibu and he came out to help me. I unloaded the tires, hooked the winch up to the Malibu, and gave Heath the controller. The Malibu got the the first set of stops and the winch would not pull any further. I didn't investigate why, I just got Gertie. 

Once I had maneuvered between two truck I pushed the Malibu. BB started rolling too. Heath jumped up in the cab and stepped on the brake without being told to. I pushed the Malibu up and strapped it down. This time I put the pin in the dolly. 

Heath and I headed to the scrap yard. 

As I was sitting on the scales, one of the workers told me that last night someone stole one of their  "buy here pay here" cars, and crashed it into Hobby Lobby. Then they ran. The security cameras have beautiful pictures of them. 

The wheels off the Malibu came home with us. 

I got home, unhooked the dolly, put it away, put the winch up, unloaded the tires and added them to the growing stack.

Steph was home so Heath stayed here while I ran down to Tim's house to give him the spare tire Steph thought was mine and kept off his trailer. 

When I go there he was drilling holes to mount a new tail light to the trailer. He mangled one of his fingers so he asked me to do it. 

Tomorrow we are going up to Raleigh to get a Ford 8n for a guy. It is a family tractor that has sentimental value and they are selling the old farm. It will be a nice break from working.  

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#4732 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted June 04, 2017 - 04:19 PM

Not a whole lot to report on. 

iGLepnv.jpg

Yesterday I was up and gone at 7. 

Time and I went to Raleigh to get a 60 something Massey Ferguson tractor.  My back was hurting so he did most of the driving. It is  also why I didn't tank any pictures. It was hurting right between my shoulder blades and I was having trouble breathing because of it. 

We got home at around 430. I was beat. I didn't so anything else. 

I took a pain pill last night so I didn't get up this morning till 1030. Steph worked on my back for about 45 minutes and got it to pop so I can breathe. I need to find a chiropractor.

A guy in Lincolnton had a Ford Explorer so we went up and got it. On the way home we stopped by TSC for some rabbit food.

Back home we pulled up to the truck I got from Buddy (LittleSister) and jump started her. While Steph took care of that I took the Explorer off the dolly. 

Pathfinder I got a good while back around front and pushed it up on the dolly with LittleSister. Once that was strapped down we pulled the remnants of a Ford Explorer around. It will go tomorrow as well. 

I fired up the Reaper (I know you haven't heard that name in a while - it is the Gravley Commercial 10) and mowed where the trucks has been. The grass was about 3 feet tall. 

Then I pulled it around to the for sale tree and chained her up. 

I am tired and sore.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks

#4733 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,187 Thanks
  • 936 posts

Posted June 04, 2017 - 07:34 PM

My father and I walked into the back room of one of our suppliers today. There was three of these ancient carts. A white and blue one with the company logo, and two rusted ones. I told the owner I remember the white and blue from when I was a kid sitting on top of a wall by the sand pile. He told me that his dad, who has now since passed, took it down because he thought someone would steal it. They found two more on the property while cleaning it up. My father ended up buying this one from them. Should make some nice yard art. 

attachicon.gifFour seasons 1.jpgattachicon.giffour seasons 2.jpg

We still use them vary carts to this day, dumping the different ingredients needed in making steel, in the steel mill I work in.

• Z71 Sierra said thank you

#4734 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 1,291 Thanks
  • 939 posts

Posted June 05, 2017 - 12:58 PM

We still use them vary carts to this day, dumping the different ingredients needed in making steel, in the steel mill I work in.

We used overhead cranes for ingredients for the furnaces of the steel mill I used to work in.

• Craig. said thank you

#4735 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted June 05, 2017 - 08:46 PM

Oops I did it again.....

coffee-time-poster-crop.jpg

This morning I woke up to a text message that the school bus was broken and would be late. I got busy and I didnt hear it come till it was gone. So Heath and I got going to get him to school. I uhnooked the tow dolly and we left. 

I was supposed to have a parent teacher conference at 1245, but since I was there we went ahead and did it. 

On the way home the jack in the back of the truck slid over and smashed my brand new tow lights. Dangit.

I left and came home to hook the dolly up again. I got the spare tire cut off the Pathfinder (the winch for it was broken and the tire matched the other 4 on BettyBlue).

I left and got about  20 yards when I realized the cradle didn't get latched - again. So I hooked it up. 

I got to the second stop sign and the front drive shaft few out of the Nissan. The guy behind me thought it was hilarious. He kept asking if I thought I would need it. 

I got it unloaded and headed to Harbor Freight to get a set of lights. 

It was starting to cloud up and sprinkle so I called Emily and told her I needed her help getting the Buick out of the field before it got too wet.

I got home and went to start Gertrude.

I found that Heath had installed a new timing chain. 

bbbbbbbb.jpg

I have no idea where he got it. 

Emily drove Gertie down to the car. The Buick tried its darnedest to start, but I think it was out of fuel. She got to push me up the hill and on the dolly.

burb5.jpg

I left again. 

The scrap yard was a zoo when I got back. It took almost 45 minutes to get unloaded. 3 tires came back with me. The 4th was toast. 

I finally got back and got the remnants of the Explorer hooked up. I cut off the cats and one managed to fall and slice my hand open.  At the scrap yard I thought I might need to take some time off for my hand to heal up.

burb4.jpg

With the final car unloaded I headed to Chickfila to get a bite. Then I went by Walmart to find a phone charger because my was AWOL. It was in the truck yesterday. They didn't have one so I had to go to Verizon to get it. I could have ordered one cheaper online, but my phone was dying and I needed it. 

On the way home I ate a fry. I choked on it. I swerved off the road and left my sandwich in the parking lot at Food Lion. It wasn't pleasant. I have never choked on something like that in my life.

I got home and Steph was there. We unhooked the tow dolly and left for South Carolina. 

We looked at a Suburban and I bought it and called a tow truck. We left to eat. 

I have never had a tow truck get there that fast. We went to Huddle House and had to toss our food in to go boxes and run back. 

The driver knew exactly where we lived because he used to live down the road. So we left him and went home to move the dump trailer out of the way. 

The sun was bright.

burb1.jpg

and we saw a double rainbow

burb2.jpg

The second rainbow is to the left and is a bit hard to make out in the picture.

I got such a good deal on the Suburban I could afford to have it towed. 

burb.jpg

It is a 99 K2500 350 automatic. Should make a nice tow vehicle. 

It either had a blown head gasket or intake manifold. I am hoping for intake. 

We got things shuffled around just as the guy got there. Once it was unloaded I came in and took a shower. I am beat, but I got a the last of the cars out of the yard. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4736 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted June 06, 2017 - 08:30 PM

Not a lot happening today.

f57.jpg

Last night when we got the truck I mashed my ingrown toenail. By the time I got home it was infected. This morning I was in agony. I had Emily put Heath on the bus. I called the doctor. the only thing they had open was for 2:40 so I had to take it easy.

Disgustingly enough when I went out to get my thermos out of the truck the toe....ummm.... self drained. Basically it popped and sprayed all over the yard.

Steph got home early because he stomach was not happy with her. She got heath off the bus I left for the doc.

The doc chewed me out for working too much and gave me an antibiotic for the toe. Since it drained itself he didn't have to. He said my toe would live.

I came home and ate dinner. Then I left for SC to get a Ford Taurus.

I got back and now I am soaking my toe.

Edited by UncleWillie, June 06, 2017 - 09:20 PM.

#4737 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 7,449 Thanks
  • 4,570 posts

Posted June 06, 2017 - 08:48 PM

I think I finally realize why I like reading your thread.... It makes me feel better about the pains I have. Hope the toe gets better soon, I know they can be painful. Little graphic though. eew.

#4738 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted June 06, 2017 - 09:21 PM

FB_IMG_1496801990960.jpg
  • olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4739 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 7,449 Thanks
  • 4,570 posts

Posted June 06, 2017 - 09:41 PM

Pocket knife will take care of that. Three - Four shots of Bourbon before digging in. Sorry for your pain. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4740 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted June 07, 2017 - 07:17 AM

I tried four shots but after that I was having trouble seeing my toes
  • olcowhand, larrybl, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks