UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 05:58 PM

I did do one other thing today. 

I had to call AT&T about my internet not working. In order to get the guy to listen to my complaint I had to start screaming. He did not want to listen to what I had to say, he kept trying to sell me a modem and router combination, and he kept telling me that my router was not working. When I finally explained in a very loud voice, that I'm sure the next door neighbors heard , that this happened every time it rained and it was not raining in my living room on my modem or router , amazingly enough my internet started working. If there was anything else that had any kind of speed out here I would switch in a heartbeat.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 1 other said thanks

#4697 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 888 Thanks
  • 665 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 06:38 PM

I dread calling people like them although i'm sure they are required to do whatever they have to so you will listen to the sales pitch

• Craig. said thank you

#4698 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,196 Thanks
  • 945 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 07:10 PM

What a pain in the #$@ they can be :mad2: . I SO UNDERSTAND. I'll stop there.

#4699 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 10,927 Thanks
  • 6,384 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 08:43 PM

We have sat here all day long watching Roadkill. He loves the parts where they are working on the vehicles better than the parts where they are driving. My kid for sure.

Great show. I just discovered it a few weeks ago and have been binging it. They are doing a drag race show in Ohio next month. Gonna drive up and check it out

#4700 nbent ONLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 678 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 09:32 PM

If you can make it to the any of the zip tie drags do it I went when they had it in Tucson and it was a great time especially when they raced some of the fans there

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
  • Craig. said thank you

#4701 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 7,489 Thanks
  • 4,588 posts

Posted May 23, 2017 - 09:54 PM

Saw this on my way back from Pigeon Forge and thought of you. Actually I thought it was full of coffee, but was just an ad.  

Attached Thumbnails

• P1190613.jpg
  • P1190614.jpg

• Craig., KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4702 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,196 Thanks
  • 945 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 12:21 PM

Saw this on my way back from Pigeon Forge and thought of you. Actually I thought it was full of coffee, but was just an ad.  

LOL  :bigrofl: AGREED

• larrybl said thank you

#4703 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 12:27 PM

My weekly shipment
  • larrybl and Craig. have said thanks

#4704 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 05:29 PM

Blah.

I woke up with things to do outside. the belt for Delilah got here. Several other parts arrived. And it was pouring rain. 

f8c247cc4c8ffa2360f40ec83a196060.jpg

So after Heath was on the bus I did nothing. 

At one I couldn't take it any more. I went out. 

I pulled the dash panel off of BettyBlue and carried it to the shop.

I have been using a cigarette lighter adapter for charging my phone and running the GPS and camera. When Heath gets out of the truck he has to climb around the gearshift and has broken two of the adapters I have used. So I ordered one off of Amazon that mounts to the dash. 

After some fitting and cutting...

plug1.jpg

plug2.jpg

Then I wired it up. 

My soldering iron has taken a long nap. I could not find my good butane torch. However, I did find one that the igniter has gone bad in. I used my Zippo to ignite it and then used it to solder the wiring up and install the connectors. It took forever because every time I had to solder I had to light the Zippo, ignite the torch, then solder. If it went out I had to start all over again. 

Finally I had it all wired up. 

It was pouring rain. 

Steph was stuck in a meeting. Emily had to go to work. So I went out and stuck it in and left the wiring dangling. 

plug3.jpg

plug4.jpg

I took her to work and waited for Steph to get there. We left Christine there and came home. 

The rain had let up so I got a tarp to kneel on and wired it up. I wired it to the ignition so it only works with the key on. 

plug5.jpg

It all works. 

Then I crawled through the bushes to retrieve a wounded duck. If I thought Heath would have dragged it out I would have sent him. As it was I had to crawl in my hands and knees and then I was still too tall. The duck did not want to be retrieved. She stayed about 3 feet ahead of me the whole time. I finally flushed it out of the bushes and it went in the freezer. It had a broken leg and wing. 

Now we are under a tornado watch. Fun stuff. If I don't blow away, and it stops raining, I have more stuff to do tomorrow. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4705 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 10,927 Thanks
  • 6,384 posts

Posted May 24, 2017 - 06:45 PM

If you can make it to the any of the zip tie drags do it I went when they had it in Tucson and it was a great time especially when they raced some of the fans there

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

It works out good for me to go. We go on vacation the week before. Daughter has a dance competition the week of the zip tie drags. They will be gone all week coming back Sunday. Zip tie drags are Friday and Saturday.
  • Craig. said thank you

#4706 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 1,298 Thanks
  • 945 posts

Posted May 25, 2017 - 10:00 AM

My 99 Sierra has two outlets and the lighter in about that same position with a door that drops down to cover them. My shifter knob doesn't the N for neutral on it though.

DSC_01891.JPG

• Craig. said thank you

#4707 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted May 25, 2017 - 11:24 AM

Yeah my truck is a 90 so it's a different interior. When it was made there weren't a whole lot of things to plug into cigarette lighters other than fans and the occasional very rare cell phone

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4708 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted May 25, 2017 - 05:00 PM

Woohooo.

freight-and-salvage-coffee.jpg

Got my new laptop today.

Weather still didn't cooperate. It rained a little bit, but is is so muddy I decided to stay in. I was afraid I would be out there with just my hat sticking out of the mud.

I spent the day looking at vehicles on Copart.com 

Tomorrow  have to get serious about working. 

Edited by UncleWillie, May 25, 2017 - 05:02 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4709 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted May 25, 2017 - 07:02 PM

Ok we did one other thing. 

The Nissan Maxima that I have had here for a while had to go. The reason it has hung around so long after the guy bought the parts off of it was that when the trunk lid left, the key went with it. Since it is a floor shift it was easy enough to get out of gear. Not so easy to steer. 

On those Nissan's it takes an act of congress to get the switch apart. The key is in a fairly stout aluminum shell and the bolts that hold it in are headless. Well technically they have a head. When they are put in at the factory they use a bolt that shears the head off when it is tight. All that is left is a little half round nub that is down in a hole. I have taken them out, but is isn't quick. 

So I fired up Gertrude and picked the back of the car up. Poor old Gertie doesn't have enough butt to keep her back tires on the ground very well. When ii tried to back up I could steer the tractor, but the  car refused to come with me. So it was a matter of puck up move push sideways and repeat. Until I finally got it around front and then we got it up on the dolly. 

Tomorrow morning I will go out and cut off the cat and snatch the battery out and then take it to the smasher. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4710 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted May 26, 2017 - 06:58 PM

Good day.

This morning after Heath was on the bus I came in and had some cereal. I woke up hungry for some reason. 

wprcoffee.jpg

Then I went out and got the Nissan strapped down and jacked up the rear end. Once I had sliced off the cat it came back down. Then I snagged the battery out and headed down to Shelby to unload.Once the tires and rims were in the back of BettyBlue I went to get my money.

I paid $125 for the car. A guy came and bough the trunk lid and tail lights for $150. I got $180 from the yard. Not bad at all. 

Then I took a ride down to Holly Grove SC. I got a Saturn Sc1 and dragged it home. I have to go back tomorrow to get a Honda that doesn't have keys. I needed to finish up my project before I did that. 

I sat down and had a leftover hamburger then it was time for Heath to get home. 

I got outside and spent a little time cleaning out BB's interior. IT was getting to be a bit of a mess.  When I was finishing that up Steph got home. 

My project (which I forgot to take pictures of) was to put a winch on the back of the truck. 

Had I not been so tired from wrestling the dead Ranger up on teh dolly I would not have lost my grip on the breaker bar and hurt Steph's shoulder. 

I had bought these.

workmo.jpg

workreciev.jpg

workwinch.jpg

and had to put them all together to make them work. It didn't take all that long. The hardest part was drilling two holes in the mount (that was made for a full size winch) and making two little plates for the smaller roller fairlead. 

I wanted a smaller winch because I didn't want to have to lift the 12,000 pound winch that I have. It weighs about 100 pounds and gains 5 pounds every time you lift it. 

Once that was all assembled we organized the tool in the tool box. It was a little chaotic in there too. 

o

I bent over to pick up one last tool and my back said no more. It was time to come in.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks