#4666 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 09:52 AM

This thread has encountered technical difficulties, please stand by.it-must-be-these-peoples-first-day-on-the-job-31-photos-212.jpg
  • MH81, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#4667 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,979 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 09:59 AM

Hope nothing serious.
Also hope you have a better technical assistance than Carbon Media...
  • DougT, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4668 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 10:08 AM

This thread has encountered technical difficulties, please stand by.it-must-be-these-peoples-first-day-on-the-job-31-photos-212.jpg
  • Craig. said thank you

#4669 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 7,116 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 10:54 AM

Also hope you have a better technical assistance than Carbon Media...

How could you get any better assistance than that??  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:  :D

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#4670 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,949 Thanks
  • 47,132 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 06:15 PM

You are stuttering, Willie!

• Craig. said thank you

#4671 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 08:40 PM

Just wanted to make sure you got the message
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4672 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 29,979 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 09:41 PM

Everything OK?
  • Craig. said thank you

#4673 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 09:45 PM

Everything OK?

Define everything lol
  • larrybl, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4674 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 7,470 Thanks
  • 4,584 posts

Posted May 09, 2017 - 09:54 PM

This has to be one of the most watched threads on GtTalk..... Ohh the suspense!

Ops I just re read last post. Last your were working on was the well.

Edited by larrybl, May 09, 2017 - 09:56 PM.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4675 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 942 posts

Posted May 10, 2017 - 09:23 AM

I hope there is no major trouble in Rivercity.

• Craig. said thank you

#4676 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 29,979 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted May 10, 2017 - 12:54 PM

Well, for the Hitch Hikers guide to the Galaxy fans, the answer is 42

From everyone else, hope everyone is healthy, no one is in jail and nothing terrible has happened.

Fill us in when you can
  • Craig., KennyP and 29 Chev have said thanks

#4677 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 10,270 Thanks
  • 3,333 posts

Posted May 10, 2017 - 12:57 PM

Looks like the price of getting up went up.  Hope everything is well with you, your family and your well. 

• Craig. said thank you

#4678 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted May 10, 2017 - 03:27 PM

The last few days have been a blur of activity.

i_love_tornado_mug.jpg

On Friday Emily had a follow up appointment at the surgeon. The doc said things are all good and she doesn't need any more care. So we left and went to Sonic and ate. The service was lousy. The food was good. 

We got home and Tim had tilled up a flower bed and the garden for me. He made the bed a bit larger than I planned, but it will look good when we get it done. 

Saturday we did some work around the house and then loaded up in BettyBlue with the dump trailer in tow. Emily had to work. 

In SC a guy had free mulch. It took us an hour to get down there, but it was a nice drive. 

We got there and the guy had an excavator with the largest bucket have seen in my life on it. It looked like it belonged on a bulldozer. Two scoops filled the trailer up. 

We took a little more time heading home due to the weight. 

We took the long way around and came back through Gaffney to get Steph some new steel toed boots. Hers were toast. We got Heath a new pair of Cowboy boots, and some socks for him and I. Grand total $90.

We did stop at TSC to get something, but for the life of me I can't remember what. 

We got home well after dark and we all went straight to bed. 

Sunday we unhooked the dumper and headed to Lowe's. We did some math in our heads and got landscaping fabric. 

Heath dressed himself. 

IMG_20170507_1537061.jpg

On the way home we got a call to come get a car in Charlotte. It was close to a great Chinese restaurant. I was excited. 

We spent some time putting down the fabric and soon learned that we confused linear feet with area. We didn't get near enough. Once we ran out we hooked up the dolly and left. 

Emily had to work again. 

IN Charlotte we got a 93 Ford Taurus wagon. It was sitting in Papa John's parking lot. The lot was way to small to be trying to wrestle a car on the dolly in so we hooked a ratchet strap to it and pulled it. We got to the road and the strap came off. I didn't realize this because I was out in the main road making a tight turn. 

I tossed the strap in the bed and unhooked the tow dolly. Then I drove down the sidewalk to avoid driving in the oncoming lane. I was going to put the strap back on it, but soon decided I didn't want to do that again. I pushed it into the lot next door. 

Fortunately there was a big hill in that lot. We loaded up with ease. 

We then drove over to the Chinese Restaurant. It was out of business!!!

So we went to Wendy's. Steph went in to order while I retightened the straps. She came back out and we left. 

We ran up to Norther Tool. We got there at 5:01. They closed at 5.

So we made our way back home. 

I spent some time mowing. Steph did fed the animals. Heath was incarcerated in the house. When I finished mowing he came out and I rode him around. He loves Delilah. 

Monday things went sideways and there was private matter that had to be attended to. Worst part was that involved my ex coming to NC. I did what I had to do and then headed home. 

Trying to keep my mind off the crap storm I finished mowing the yard. 

Then I unloaded the little trailer with Gertrude. 

I got a little relief by destroying the baby stroller that Heath insists on leaving all over the yard. I told him if he didn't put it up I was going to run it over. I did. Many times. 

I was going to load Buddy's mower up on the trailer, but it had a flat. I had a derelict mower that was nearly identical to it and had good tires so I swapped them over. 

The two tires on the derelict came right off. The one tire that was holding air on his tractor came right off. The flat tire, however, had a death grip and would not let go. 

As I was beating on that I got a call from Tim. His battery had died and he and his wife were stuck in Lincolnton. I rode up and jumpstarted them.

Back home I decided to get the torch out to heat the axle on the tractor. I had no oxygen. Dangit. 

I did find my little mini torch and put a small amount of heat in the axle. 

After some more beating I had it off. I swapped the tires over then mowed some stuff that Delilah could get to due to her huge deck. 

I put the tractor up on the trailer and did some yard pickup. 

Steph got home and helped me move a couple of trailers. My back was wearing down and I didn't want to have to get on and off the tractor. 

When that was done we came in. 

Tuesday there was no escaping the family stuff. I had to spend most of the day with the ex. Somehow no blood was spilled. I have never been so glad I got divorced in my life. 

I left to eat lunch with Steph since I was close to her school. I had three little girls following my every step.

I had to run home at 230 to get Heath off the bus. While I was here MawMaw Wander came over and asked if I was available to help her friend clean out a rental house on Wednesday. I said I could. Then I went back to the tiny room with the Ex.

Steph came and got Heath when she got off work. 

Things didn't get wrapped up till late. Emily and I got home at 1230. I didn't get to sleep till 130. 

I slept right through the alarm. At 745 Wanda's friend, Richard, called. He asked if I was still coming. I thought it was 3am I was so out of it. I told him I had to take Heath to school then I would be there. 

Once Heath was in class I headed on to work. 

The house we were cleaning out was a rental. The man who lived in it was there for 20 years. He was the owners brother. The place had never been inspected in 20 years. 

Have you ever watched Hoarders? Nothing in the show prepares you for the stench. I have nearly no sense of smell and at one point I nearly yarfed. 

After hauling 8 pickup loads of stuff to the dump and hauling out the appliances we were left with this.

IMG_20170510_1204241.jpg

IMG_20170510_1204411.jpg

IMG_20170510_1204541.jpg

IMG_20170510_1204581.jpg

IMG_20170510_1205031.jpg

We hauled out several 55 gallon bags of rotting Pokemon cards. I saved some to sell, but most were too far gone. There was also one complete truck load of encyclopedias.

On the plus side I found a brand new Zippo and three good tape measures that were up on a shelf above the nasty. And I think we have found about $50 in change so far.

I was going to work on the flower bed, but I am beat. I can barely stand, and Steph has an interview for a summer job. 

Tomorrow we go at it again. 

Edited by UncleWillie, May 10, 2017 - 03:30 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 4 others have said thanks

#4679 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,949 Thanks
  • 47,132 posts

Posted May 10, 2017 - 03:49 PM

I think you were busy and had enough of the ex.

• Craig. said thank you

#4680 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted May 11, 2017 - 10:11 PM

Long day.

Just like yesterday I missed the bus. So I took Heath to school. 

shocked-coffee-10.jpg

Then I went back to the hoarder house. 

We got the main part cleaned out. I took a peek into the attic and found nothing but a Christmas tree. That was a relief. tomorrow we clean out the basement. That is going to suck because there is not ground level access. It all has to go up the stairs. 

At noon we knocked off. 4 hours in that house is enough. 

I came home and went to work on a BettyBlue upgrade. 

Gertrude helped out. 

aaaguard1.jpg

After I got the two mounts I had on it I discovered that h the other two had grown legs and run away. I looked through the scrap and found two pieces of steel that would work. 

After measuring and checking and rechecking I was confident that I had the measurements correct. I called Reid. He wasn't home. 

By that point I was so hot I had stopped sweating. I came in for a gallon of water and some chicken fingers left over from Heath's dinner. About the time I started to sweat again the bus came. 

Heath and I took a ride over to Reid's. He wasn't home and his dumptruck and bull dozer were gone. I called around to see if anyone else was open. They weren't. 

So we went to Tim's house and I used his drill press to drill the holes. I wasn't up to drilling 8 1/2 inch holes in 1/4 inch steel with a hand drill. 

While I was there he had me look at a Massey Ferguson tractor engine ( I don't remember the model - good sized 2wd) and see if he was right in what he suspected. He was. The block is cracked. Too bad. It is a nice looking tractor. His customer will not be happy. 

We then ran up to Ace and got bolts and caramels.

We got home and Steph was back. She helped me get the brush guard on.

aaaguard.jpg

It is too far to the passengers side because it needs slotted holes instead of round ones. It will be Ok for now. I really only want it to keep cars from going thru the grill when I push them. 

Once that was picked up we headed down and took Buddy's tractor back to him.

Heath wanted to eat at Chickfila so we did. 

We went back by Buddy's house to get his old truck and he didn't leave the keys. He was out of town. His wife cut mine and Heath's hair. His hard is hard to cut because he will not sit still. She did a good job. 

We got back home at 930. I am beat. 

• olcowhand, DougT, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks